Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > OzECruisers (E/N/D Series) > OzECruisers General Discussions

OzECruisers General Discussions E/N/D vehicles General Discussion ONLY. NO TECH THREADS

Old 24-10-2006, 03:42 PM   #61
EDXR6T

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghia5L
nah it's just Joe :P

OMG so true :P
EDXR6T is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-10-2006, 04:47 PM   #62
STOKEB
NOS Induction pssssshhhhh

i crossed the line without hitting rev limiter so the diff gears are fine for now.
STOKEB - 3:7 diff gears, 3inch zorst, JMM Race Series Extractors, Custom Bottom end to suit N20, AU DEV 6 Head and Cam, Cold Air Intake, ED XR6 Manual Computer with Flash Tunner, ED XR6 Fuel reg, C10 Auto, 2800stall .
---------------------------------------------------
I LiVe My LiFe A bOtTlE aT a TiMe, FoR tHoSe 200 sQuIrTs I fEeL fReE.........pssssssssssssshhhhhhhhhhh
STOKEB is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-10-2006, 06:12 PM   #63
mcflux
Banned
Donating Member1

oh ok, my bad. It sounded like you were backing off then going for it again/backing off/etc towards the finish. Maybe that was you running out of gas?

I wasn't watching from the start line, I heard it from the pits.
mcflux is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-10-2006, 09:00 PM   #64
dcstraight
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rmyers
Dcstraight rocked up with about 15minutes of racing time left, and certainly confused a hell of a lot of spectators as you could not hear even a wisper of a turbo from his car, yet was pulling off consistant low 13second passes.
What's this tah-burbo you speak of ? Just cam, zorst and advanced timing for me ! :hihi:

Well the zorst is 'quieter', but not quiet enough for me yet - more changes to be had there. Was good to run a PB...did 5 runs in about 20 mins (hehe) *quick, turn climate on full blast on the return road!*

Hopefully have the auto sorted for the FM drag day this Saturday...running at night time should hopefully help - ambient temp wise as well as hopeful lack of head-wind *fingers crossed*.

Will be good to see your shiny new beast get down the strip sometime soon Steve
dcstraight is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-10-2006, 09:06 PM   #65
Poetic Justice
NOT A TOYOTA :/

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcstraight
*quick, turn climate on full blast on the return road!*

Haha, being the first time I'd been out to the drags it was interesting learning different things... like the helmet off, the window down or aircon on and the stereo back on once you hit the return lane :P
Old 24-10-2006, 09:34 PM   #66
Kenaz
Donating Member
Donating Member1

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcstraight
Was good to run a PB...did 5 runs in about 20 mins (hehe)
What kind of MPH does yours run Steve?

Remind me never to line you up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wheels Nov 02
It's suave, more subtle, and yet no less stirring. In fact, the boosted Ford is more polished than any big sedan Australia has ever produced. It's just so damn good, it makes the SS feel crude... Ignore the WRX. Forget the E49. Falcon XR6 Turbo is king.
Kenaz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-10-2006, 11:47 PM   #67
Damo
Banned

108-110 mph Ash. I have the timeslip here from the 13.1 pass, i ran a whoping 15.3 @ 93 mph. :P
Damo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-10-2006, 06:09 PM   #68
cazz
R31 Angel

Only Ford to beat my little beauty was STOKEB. There were plenty of NA R31's there this year, which made it a closer event than last year. Was good to see, but my old Ti ran mid to high 13's all day, and cleaned up everything except the NOS car. I was very happy with the old girls times, last year with her NANCEE number plates, she only managed a 14.57, this year she got a 13.62.

I think this is a great event, and was a lot more competetive this year than last. Hope to see you all again next year.
Old 25-10-2006, 06:15 PM   #69
EFFalcon
Last warning

so i guess you missed the EL at the end of the day that ran 13.1?
DAILY - BA Fairlane Ghia, Boss 260 Turbo
OFFROADER - Ford Explorer
EFFalcon is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-10-2006, 06:16 PM   #70
STOKEB
NOS Induction pssssshhhhh

Ill be there 100% when ever the next time comes around i had a ball racing against the r31 skylines. SOrry for beating you mate there is always someone quicker. Next time around ill be even more faster wit the new mods comming soon hopefully i crack a 12.5 - 12.1 it was a orsum day racing with you guys from the skyline club cant wait for next time
STOKEB - 3:7 diff gears, 3inch zorst, JMM Race Series Extractors, Custom Bottom end to suit N20, AU DEV 6 Head and Cam, Cold Air Intake, ED XR6 Manual Computer with Flash Tunner, ED XR6 Fuel reg, C10 Auto, 2800stall .
---------------------------------------------------
I LiVe My LiFe A bOtTlE aT a TiMe, FoR tHoSe 200 sQuIrTs I fEeL fReE.........pssssssssssssshhhhhhhhhhh
STOKEB is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-10-2006, 06:19 PM   #71
Rmyers
Does Steve have a car?

Quote:
Originally Posted by cazz
Only Ford to beat my little beauty was STOKEB. There were plenty of NA R31's there this year, which made it a closer event than last year. Was good to see, but my old Ti ran mid to high 13's all day, and cleaned up everything except the NOS car. I was very happy with the old girls times, last year with her NANCEE number plates, she only managed a 14.57, this year she got a 13.62
That's a great time, well done!

But there were actually two e-series that beat yours, STOKEB and Dcstraight. You must've missed dcstraights runs, he got to heathcote with only about 15minutes of racing time left and ran a pb of 13.1 in his turbo EL ;) There were certainly some confused loks going around :P

"When Chuck Norris jumps into water, he does not get wet, the water gets Chuck Norris..."
Rmyers is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-10-2006, 10:26 PM   #72
Walkinshaw
Two > One

Soon to have 2 forced e-series - explain

Walkinshaw is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-10-2006, 10:28 PM   #73
dansedgli
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

He is going to force himself to drive one car daily while the forced car sits in the driveway trying to stay in mint condition?
Old 25-10-2006, 10:33 PM   #74
-jjM-
Banned

hes planning on a daily forced and a toy forced! lucky sob
-jjM- is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-10-2006, 11:12 PM   #75
Rmyers
Does Steve have a car?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walkinshaw
Soon to have 2 forced e-series - explain
Lol i was wondering when someone would pick up on that :P

The pic should explain enough :P

http://home.iprimus.com.au/grandmaster1/turbo.jpg

"When Chuck Norris jumps into water, he does not get wet, the water gets Chuck Norris..."

Last edited by Rmyers; 25-10-2006 at 11:22 PM.
Rmyers is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-10-2006, 07:05 PM   #76
dcstraight
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackout
Haha, being the first time I'd been out to the drags it was interesting learning different things... like the helmet off, the window down or aircon on and the stereo back on once you hit the return lane :P
I didn't think you were going to run ? Yeah, it's fun giving it a crack for the first time...reason for the climate 'on' for the return road is to turn the thermos on and start some cooling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenaz
What kind of MPH does yours run Steve?

Remind me never to line you up
Ahhh, Damo has most of the slips Ash...I think I lined him up pretty much every time...and I thought I was being a big bad drag slut *j/k* hehe :P

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damo
108-110 mph Ash. I have the timeslip here from the 13.1 pass, i ran a whoping 15.3 @ 93 mph. :P
Sounds like the one ! Funnily enough, the run beforehand had a 109.XX MPH but slower time - was fiddling round with a couple of things though...interesting to be able to iron out the variables and get it down pat...hopefully have more time to do that this Saturday

Despite not being there all that long...was still good fun - it always is...thanks to the ES / R31 gurus making it happen !

Cyas at the next one
dcstraight is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-10-2006, 09:05 PM   #77
cazz
R31 Angel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rmyers
That's a great time, well done!

But there were actually two e-series that beat yours, STOKEB and Dcstraight. You must've missed dcstraights runs, he got to heathcote with only about 15minutes of racing time left and ran a pb of 13.1 in his turbo EL ;) There were certainly some confused loks going around :P
Sorry I prolly didn't explain myself correctly, I was only referring to the cars that my car ran against, not all of the E series fords. I know there were quicker fords there than mine, I was only referring to the ones that my car ran against.

Not too shabby for an old farts car I thought, specially one owned by a woman lol.