Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 06-11-2006, 04:34 PM   #31
BlewThunder

Quote:
Originally Posted by MO
Good point get out of car walk and meet them before they get to your car...be confident and honest.
WORST THING TO DO EVER. especially if it's traffic / highway patrol officers.
They think that you are trying to intimidate them even if you are not, best is to pull over, leave seatbelt on and keep hands on steering wheel, let them walk over and then ask if they mind if you hop out and stand outside with them...then they think you are really polite etc. I used to do the whole get out thingo, but in my fourby i had to literally hop down, had the pepper spray case and gun holster unclipped on me a couple of times, always asked why and the response was 'you got out of the car'...'what's wrong with that?' was my answer...'you seem aggrevated and intimidating' was the normal reply.

As has been stated in some previous posts, no matter how many times it happens, no matter how innocent you think you are, its still gets the adrenaline pumping. I've had more than my fair share of pull overs, tickets, arguements, and court appearances....only took me 3 years of driving and 12 months of suspensions to figure out, the cops are right so easier to just follow the rules.

That's my evangelical rant for today :
BlewThunder is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-11-2006, 05:36 PM   #32
mUTHA
DALLY 41

ive only ever been pulled over once and it was in my old eb
how they think i was speeding or doing something wrong i wouldnt know
it was about 1030pm was driving my gf back home from a party hadnt had a drink all night driving through maddington which is like commonhoon city, anyway iw ent through a roundabout properly slow and indicated etc and sw the cops coming the other way i said to my gf i bet th pull me over sure enough they flew past 5 other cars weaving through them to pull me over, i pulled over into a bus bay and got out leaving my door open i jsut stood there licence in hand knowing theyd wat to chek it... first thing i hear is "licence, rego rbt and roadworthy check" im like wtf absolutley baffled heart pounding sweating buckets. i hand over my licence then they look through my car windows and chek rego then they like "play a bit of hockey do ya" cos had my gear in teh back i was just polite and said yes i do sir. then after that didnt even rbt me just said your rear p plate isnt visible i checked but i could c it fine.

morale of teh story just be nice and courteious maybe even have a chuckle with em and ya fine also makes you relax a bit
hopefully i dont get pulled ever again.
mUTHA is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-11-2006, 07:29 PM   #33
XPfalcon170

I got breath tested where they have the booze buses. It was about 11pm, pulled out of the servo after filling up my mums fairmont at the time, and drove down the road about 100m and got pulled into the booze bus lane. The coppa asked for my license and blew into the machine thingy. that was it and off i went. the funny thing was, when i left the servo i never put my headlights back on! Wasnt when i pulled out of the booze bus lane that i realised! was on my red ps at the time aswell. Coppas never even said anything.
XPfalcon170 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-11-2006, 07:37 PM   #34
70caprigt3k
Nitrous Junkie

I got pulled up for taking off "too quick" from a set of lights the week i got my license escaping with a warning and a breath test and a quick once over of the car (capri) and finally some stern words from the officer. Good way to start off having a license on my behalf :togo: .
Old 06-11-2006, 08:45 PM   #35
16wantsI6
iRegular crossmember

the first time i got pulled over was in my panno, when i first got my licence.
i was in a car park with mates and they decided to take off an i was the last to leave. i was driving slowly along the carpark and a cop car drove past on the road parallel to the car park, i started shitting my self.

they put there lights on and i stopped and switched my car off straight away (loud v8). i hopped out of the car when he came towards me, said 'gday' and he said, 'just a RBT mate'
i though ok thats good. and said "i had a drink after work"
he said "alrite mate we'll see how ya go"
i blew 0.00 and thought thank **** for that.

i didnt even have my card at that time, he checked my cab for drugs and alcohol found nothing and left.

i sat there untill they were out of sight and drove off very slowly and careful.

and i was drivin along with out my lights on, they didnt even notice thank ****

5 spd manual
2 1/2" manta S/S exhaust
After market alpine/soundstream stereo

18" tyhpoons
superlows waiting to go in....
spoilerless
16wantsI6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-11-2006, 09:49 PM   #36
Interceptor
HSV - I just ate one!

wasnt my first time, but late last year the cops followed me into the local drive-through bottleshop and put me on the bag in there...... thought it was ******* funny, especially when he asked me if i'd been drinking......

him: have you had anything to drink tonight?
me: no
him: so you havent had anything to drink tonight, right? *checks my licence*
me: nope
him: *pulls breathylizer out* now, are you sure you havent had anything to drink tonight?
i'm kinda stunned by this stage...... no i havent officer

i mean...... wtf? 3 *********g times?
Interceptor is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-11-2006, 10:22 PM   #37
b2tf
not here much anymore

Quote:
Originally Posted by MO
Good point get out of car walk and meet them before they get to your car...be confident and honest.
Now thats one thing I dont do. Not because Im scared, but because if you do that you're liable to have a gun pointed at you. Seen it happen many times, driver gets out, cops think he is coming at them or something and it goes from there.

It's not a pride thing, stay in your car and talk normally to them. They're people too.
Old 07-11-2006, 01:18 AM   #38
pHaT`eL
Banned

My first time on my P's was the week after I got them. Was coming up to a round-a-bout, saw a gap and slipped through, i heard sirens, so i moved to the left lane and a divi van was behind me, i turned left into the next street and he followed, so I pulled over thinking he was going the same way by coincidence, but no, he pulled in behind me and acted like the hero as soon as my window was down, told me how dangerous it was, etc.. and I got a $250 fine and 3 demerit points, I didnt even get to say a word.
Every other cop since then has been fine, maybe it was just the car I had back then (XF, intercepters, cut springs) but you learn from these things, once youve had a few RBT's you get used to it.
pHaT`eL is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-11-2006, 01:46 AM   #39
BeStRaFe
lpg = big boom!

i have been booked 2 times
breath tested 5 - 6

the memorable ones are.

speeding
- (c) got ur licence there
- (m) yep
- (c) do you know why i pulled you over
- (m) yep, i was speeding
- (c) do you know how fast u were going
- (m) yep, 71
- (c) no, 70.... do you know what the limit is here
- (m) yep, 50
- (c) ok... ill do you for under 15 over

goes to car... gives me ticket
...... 2 mins later... merry christmas and hands me my ticket (chrissie eve)

RBT on motorway
(driving converted Twin Turbo Cressida)

this one was annoying... i come down a ramp onto the m4 with a bit of chuff... not speeding... but when the car come off boost he obviousally heard the turbo spool...
blinked me and pulled me over (undercover XR)
i was there for OVER 1 hour as he checked the certification of the conversion... checked all my tyres (even my SPARE!!!)
checked all my globes ect ext...

i mean cmon... if i had a wrx style BOV and a chunking 4-6'' cannon illd accecpt that...
but i have a standard sort of system.. just higflow cat... was not even loud and a 2.5'' system...