Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 13-11-2006, 10:36 PM   #1
P6LTD351
Blue Blood

Default BFII Front more aggressive than VE Omega

Looking at real stock photos on new cars at carsales.com.au I have come to the conclusion that the stock BFII XT front looks way more aggressive than the VE Omega. Now don't get me wrong, yes the VE looks good and newer in general (it should be anyway), but I don't think the falcon looks as dated as I thought it would. Also the flared guards on the omega just look wrong from certain angles. If the Orion has flared guards I hope they blend in more.

P6LTD351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-11-2006, 10:38 PM   #2
Ruger
Bseries Moderator

you should see the bf2 ghia in person its drop dead gorgeous.

i think the ve has the tall and skinny look with m3 guards bolted on. thats my view.

Only those that attempt the absurd achieve the impossible.

Serviced and maintained by Mascot Auto Repairs
Ruger is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-11-2006, 10:41 PM   #3
P6LTD351
Blue Blood

Exactly, the VE guards look bolted on when looking from behind and in front
P6LTD351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-11-2006, 11:08 PM   #4
xr8man83
Grunt Files

i think that the ve looks crap from all angles i saw a gts today and all i could think was yuck : not for me they just look tall and akward
xr8man83 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-11-2006, 11:22 PM   #5
philstoj
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I like the high series VE models, with the lower stance, and bigger wheels, they look smart, but base models look crap!!
People bagged the S1 AU forte for sitting high, having huge clearence in the wheel arches but i think the base VE models take that to new levels!!!

It definatly takes the prize for the ugliest base model, well inline with the 380 anyways..lol.
philstoj is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-11-2006, 11:29 PM   #6
xr8man83
Grunt Files

i hear ya on that one i saw one without a wing today and thats one big box **** hey
xr8man83 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-11-2006, 11:39 PM   #7
philstoj
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I like the HSV's though, especially the senator, very impressive.
The statesmans are nice too, but that base model :
philstoj is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-11-2006, 12:53 AM   #8
King Nothing
He has, the Knack..

The base models look terrible with stock wheels hiding inside those huuuge wheel arches. Almost look like space savers. Im still not sold on the looks, not sure if I like it yet or not. Upper spec models look nice though. The grange at the motor show was hot :sm_drool:
King Nothing is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-11-2006, 09:57 AM   #9
jimmy_c
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

BF2 looks much better in real life. So does the Aurion/Camry.

The ghia is the pick IMO.
jimmy_c is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-11-2006, 10:21 AM   #10
Dilan

The low end VE's are :
Dilan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-11-2006, 10:28 AM   #11
McobraR
me may my mo

VE base model being the ugliest car?..... i think thats taking it too far, especially when saying its uglier than an AU. Clearly it isnt, if its selling so well. Personally i dont think its that noticeable. If the new Orion will have a similar sized gap between guard and wheel, i cant wait to see the change of perception.
McobraR is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-11-2006, 10:40 AM   #12
merlin
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by philstoj
I like the high series VE models, with the lower stance, and bigger wheels, they look smart, but base models look crap!!
People bagged the S1 AU forte for sitting high, having huge clearence in the wheel arches but i think the base VE models take that to new levels!!!

It definatly takes the prize for the ugliest base model, well inline with the 380 anyways..lol.
Totally agree - like the sports models but think the base looks woeful, so out of proportion its not funny.
1966 Ford Mustang coupe. 347 stroker, PA reverse manual C4, TCE high stall converter, B&M Pro Ratchet, Edelbrock alum heads, Edelbrock intake manifold, MSD ignition, Holley Street HP 750 CFM carb, gilmer drive, wrapped Hooker Super Comp Headers, dual 3" straight through exhaust, Bilstein shocks, custom springs, full poly suspension, American Racing rims, Open Tracker roller spring saddles and shelby drop.

Still to go - Holley Sniper EFI with integrated fuel cell.
merlin is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-11-2006, 10:50 AM   #13
ltd
Force Fed Fords

Agreed.
The base model VE looks awkward like a rather fat woman in bike pants with the mid riff showing. It just looks ridiculous and takes the attention away from any redeeming features the car may have. Then again, 200 million on development, 800 million on marketing (blimp etc), what can you expect? Go Holden.................. Right to Jenny Craig for that wrong looking base model.

The SS up don't look too bad.

Quote:
Powered by GE
ltd is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-11-2006, 10:58 AM   #14
Orbit
Resident Nyctophobic!!

i would just like to kno what the "new" ute will be like.
Old 14-11-2006, 12:22 PM   #15
majin_andrew

Quote:

I also agree 100%
majin_andrew is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-11-2006, 12:27 PM   #16
Hawk
I am The Brain!

Quote:

I really like the look of the Calais. I saw one at cricket the other day and it looked very Audi-esque.

I agree, within reason, with the base model though. It is too soft looking at the front, and way too high and squared at the rear.

Woohoo 1.6L 1999 Toyota Corolla....feel the power!

I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you heard is not what I meant.
Hawk is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-11-2006, 04:54 PM   #17
vztrt
IWCMOGTVM Club Supporter

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: vztrt is one of the most consistent and respected contributors to AFF, I have found his contributions are most useful to discussion as well as answering members queries. 

I loved the front of the BFII when i first saw it. While I like the front of the VE i'm not a fan of the rest of the car. I'd rather get BFII rather than a VE on looks.
vztrt is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-11-2006, 07:24 PM   #18
MITCHAY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

It's not exactly hard to beat the Omega on looks. They should of really kept the flares for the higher spec models. It really does look awful. On the Calais and SS though it looks horn!
MITCHAY is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-11-2006, 08:08 PM   #19
Full Spectrum
Only a matter of time.

Got too keep the guards on all models. Some guy out there soon will buy 20" rims for it dump it and everyone will see how good it looks.
But other then that base models arnt made too look horny just sell.
Old 14-11-2006, 08:12 PM   #20
LUXO_8
windsor user

for the money thats invested in the VE, they could have pressed out some different guards for the low series models with not so out there flares....
that would have also made the flared guards more exclusive to the higher series cars as well...

Last edited by LUXO_8; 14-11-2006 at 08:49 PM.
LUXO_8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-11-2006, 08:14 PM   #21
Eaturbo
BUILT FORD TUFF

I think the VE looks to much like the VZ, Does anyone think that they look dated already. It blends in with everything else on the road. I hoped it would be very different in looks but it is not that different. they look like they have been on the road for years, something more aggressive with the headlights
Old 14-11-2006, 08:22 PM   #22
Full Spectrum
Only a matter of time.

Keep thinking they look dated because one day in 6 years they will:P
Old 14-11-2006, 08:24 PM   #23
MITCHAY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I'm still finding the VE shape to be new. I looked back in my revision mirror the other day and saw a VE and VZ level next to each other. You can pick the difference easy.
MITCHAY is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-11-2006, 08:47 PM   #24
Type40
Starter Motor

Quote:
Originally Posted by eb2monty
Exactly, the VE guards look bolted on when looking from behind and in front
All the VE guards need is a set of fake allen keys around the edge to give it that SLR 5000 appearance...:

Last edited by Type40; 14-11-2006 at 09:00 PM.
Type40 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-11-2006, 09:06 PM   #25
Brett3158

AU XR looks more aggressive than either of those cars. I think ford went backwards in looks with BA and BF.
Brett3158 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-11-2006, 09:12 PM   #26
buickman
buickman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Type40
All the VE guards need is a set of fake allen keys around the edge to give it that SLR 5000 appearance...:
I agree the 70's flared guard look but it suited the Torana hatches much better. The VE looks weird with those flared front fenders. Its selling well as its a new model & a lot of company employees that have the lease package want the new model. The BF Ford is a smart looking car.
buickman is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-11-2006, 09:30 PM   #27
Type40
Starter Motor

Quote:
Originally Posted by buickman
I agree the 70's flared guard look but it suited the Torana hatches much better. The VE looks weird with those flared front fenders. Its selling well as its a new model & a lot of company employees that have the lease package want the new model. The BF Ford is a smart looking car.
The flared guards are good in concept but not in execution. From some angles (dead front on and rear 3/4 view) they look positively ridiculous and overdone.Although the bigger the wheel the less bad they look. Look to BMW to see how pumped guards should be done! And i agree with you when you say the BF is a great looking car and with the series 2 update it does look more aggressive.
Type40 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-11-2006, 10:49 PM   #28
Full Spectrum
Only a matter of time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by buickman
Don't assume it's all fleet.
Old 15-11-2006, 12:54 AM   #29
uranium_death
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

The BFII front is far more aggressive than the Omega.
The Omega front lights remind me of the previous model Astra's front.

The BFIIs look great. However, the VE will sell better because fleets are upgrading.
uranium_death is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post