Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 13-11-2006, 08:43 PM   #61
HOON69
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by XA-Coupe
I am capable of good as well as evil :
AS AM I
:evil_laug :dr_Evil:
HOON69 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-11-2006, 08:47 PM   #62
David See
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
If you did some research you would know that I am not... but was. I left the force because of the force but I also am one of the few on this forum that has a clue about what they do and don't do. I had the pleasure of working with some of the biggest tools on this planet and some of the hardest working bravest people I have ever met.
I also know the reality of the job. You, and 99% of others obviously don't. I can say with all honesty I have been there and done that, now ante up with your police related experience.
I am ( one of the ) custodian of all this forum. What you feel may be okay may not be okay in the big picture. It's sad you can't see that but I am not going to lose any sleep.
Ha ha! Me either.

And I certainly wasn't going to waste any more energy "doing some research" I felt a straight-up question would suffice.

My experience with police has spanned some 20 years where I have worked along side them in another profession altogether. I have gained a pretty good idea of what they go though and at the same time I remain confused as to why some of them find the need to be complete bastards. They are, after all, working for us.

That said, it is a tough job and perhaps they are handling it the best they know how and therefore the arrogance. I have a very healthy respect for the ones that act as human beings as well as enforcing the law.

For what it is worth, the car in your picture gave it away...

Anyway, getting mighty off track again...
David See is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-11-2006, 09:08 PM   #63
XA-Coupe
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by David See
Ha ha! Me either.

And I certainly wasn't going to waste any more energy "doing some research" I felt a straight-up question would suffice.

My experience with police has spanned some 20 years where I have worked along side them in another profession altogether. I have gained a pretty good idea of what they go though and at the same time I remain confused as to why some of them find the need to be complete bastards. They are, after all,
working for us.

Some of them are bastards and an embarrassment but they are the extreme minority but just as unfortunately, they are the ones we remember.

Quote:
Originally Posted by david see
That said, it is a tough job and perhaps they are handling it the best they know how and therefore the arrogance. I have a very healthy respect for the ones that act as human beings as well as enforcing the law.
I thought I knew what I was getting into when I got into the job, with a brother and brother in law in already I had drained them of all the infomration. I was still woefully unprepared and I would guess that no one could be prepared for what you see and do in the job. Traffic is such a minor point for the majority of the force despite of what people here seem to think.

Quote:
Originally Posted by david see
For what it is worth, the car in your picture gave it away...

Anyway, getting mighty off track again...

Staying off track a moment.. how does the XA give it away ?? I am far from the sharperst pencil in the box but I don't get it.
XA-Coupe is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-11-2006, 09:13 PM   #64
Redrum
Force Fed Fords

Quote:
My experience with police has spanned some 20 years where I have worked along side them in another profession altogether. I have gained a pretty good idea of what they go though and at the same time I remain confused as to why some of them find the need to be complete bastards. They are, after all, working for us.
I like to believe there is good and bad in all. The police have the issue of proving this as they generally don't pull people over, or deal with people to do something nice.
Redrum is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-11-2006, 09:22 PM   #65
David See
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Some of them are bastards and an embarrassment but they are the extreme minority but just as unfortunately, they are the ones we remember.

I thought I knew what I was getting into when I got into the job, with a brother and brother in law in already I had drained them of all the infomration. I was still woefully unprepared and I would guess that no one could be prepared for what you see and do in the job. Traffic is such a minor point for the majority of the force despite of what people here seem to think.

Staying off track a moment.. how does the XA give it away ?? I am far from the sharperst pencil in the box but I don't get it.
It just looks like a car a policeman would own as his pride and joy. Don't know why. Maybe I know of a few with similar models.

Anyway, all the best. I didn't mean to ruffle any feathers.
Old 13-11-2006, 09:25 PM   #66
David See
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I wanted to add that I do realise that a Policeman's/woman's job regularly brings them into contact with the crap of society. Perhaps this is why some of them treat everyone, regardless of character, with the same contempt.

I would not like their job but am thankful someone is doing it. Personally, I think more should be done to lift the morale amongst the force. Give them more power. Maybe that will get them the respect they need.
Old 13-11-2006, 09:35 PM   #67
SpoolMan
Solution Was Boost 4?, 6 & 8

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: The exceptional contribution made to AFF events and sponsorship. Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Everything you do to help this place run smoothly! Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: The awesome Technical and Service how to's in the FPV /XR6 /G6ET turbo threads..  and his own build threads that inspire people to have a go... enabling people to save money and realise the dream of working on their own cars as well. 

Quote:
It just looks like a car a policeman would own as his pride and joy. Don't know why. Maybe I know of a few with similar models.

Anyway, all the best. I didn't mean to ruffle any feathers.
David ask him where the new engine is... but ask his wife.. :

AUTOTECH TUNED EDELEBROCK CHARGED
2017 GT Mustang Plenty of RWKW
SpoolMan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-11-2006, 09:37 PM   #68
XA-Coupe
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpoolMan
David ask him where the new engine is... but ask his wife.. :
Stay on topic, I am trying to look all authorative and in control dammit :ticking:
Old 13-11-2006, 10:03 PM   #69
David See
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Ha ha - NO chance! :-)
Old 14-11-2006, 07:58 AM   #70
merlin
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
If you did some research you would know that I am not... but was. I left the force because of the force but I also am one of the few on this forum that has a clue about what they do and don't do. I had the pleasure of working with some of the biggest tools on this planet and some of the hardest working bravest people I have ever met.
I also know the reality of the job. You, and 99% of others obviously don't. I can say with all honesty I have been there and done that, now ante up with your police related experience.
XA-Coupe as someone who has been there and done it (and no doubt has inside knowledge) I would be genuinly interested to hear you opinion on this matter.
1966 Ford Mustang coupe. 347 stroker, PA reverse manual C4, TCE high stall converter, B&M Pro Ratchet, Edelbrock alum heads, Edelbrock intake manifold, MSD ignition, Holley Street HP 750 CFM carb, gilmer drive, wrapped Hooker Super Comp Headers, dual 3" straight through exhaust, Bilstein shocks, custom springs, full poly suspension, American Racing rims, Open Tracker roller spring saddles and shelby drop.

Still to go - Holley Sniper EFI with integrated fuel cell.
merlin is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-11-2006, 10:03 AM   #71
XA-Coupe
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by merlin
XA-Coupe as someone who has been there and done it (and no doubt has inside knowledge) I would be genuinly interested to hear you opinion on this matter.
First of all, I have to say policing is a very dangerous job. There are ways to reduce the risk but the job itself is to place yourself into risky and or volatile situations. No amount of wishful thinking about work cover will ever make it totally safe.
In relation to this circumstance, no one's life is worth a ticket. I haven't seen a picture of the scene so I can't really comment much more.
I have virtually no regard for anyone else's driving as I have seen some spectacular F ups by people going past accident scenes because they rubber neck. Perhaps the guy that hit the car that hit the policeman was mesmerised by the goings on and wasn't paying attention .. perhaps the manner in which the original driver was pulled over was stupid and dangerous. It could be either. The media is untrustworthy and will say anything to be first with the news and the truth is a fluid concept.
Believe me when I say the coroner will go over the whole situation with a microscope and even though I have zero faith in the court system, I do know it will make NSW police command squirm and squirm they should. Police commands tend to ruin what is a tough but sometimes rewarding job.
Add to all that, complacent cops that are used to working in amongst high speed traffic and need a tragic reminder to take more care.
I think I have had a go at everyone that needs it :
Old 14-11-2006, 06:54 PM   #72
frenzal
EF XR6

im not "police bashing", but i did laugh when i saw a highway patrol car sitting in the position in question yesterday afternoon. He was only sitting in his car though.

i caught the end of the news on the radio this afternoon and thought i heard them say that all police radars are now banned from freeways, and no more rbt's on roads with a speed limit higher than 80.

Did i hear that correctly? anyone know?
frenzal is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-11-2006, 08:25 PM   #73
HOON69
Banned

Quote:
, I think more should be done to lift the morale amongst the force. Give them more power. Maybe that will get them the respect they need.
then ppl will be crying police brutality,or even worst we'll have a world that acts similar to that movie
ummm watsyitcalled JUDGE DREAD yeah thats it judge jury and executioner

on topic

Quote:
Stay on topic, I am trying to look all authorative and in control dammit
: : :
HOON69 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-11-2006, 11:40 PM   #74
new2ford
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by frenzal
i caught the end of the news on the radio this afternoon and thought i heard them say that all police radars are now banned from freeways, and no more rbt's on roads with a speed limit higher than 80.

Did i hear that correctly? anyone know?
Yes you did, and the action is not unlike the suggestions made on this forum:
http://www.news.com.au/story/0,23599...1-1242,00.html
Old 14-11-2006, 11:56 PM   #75
Firefox7
T3 Terrorist

Quote:
First of all, I have to say policing is a very dangerous job.

Not wrong there jeff. Believe me...I know exactly what your saying. Been down that path several times.

Cheers
Fastest Lap time At wakefield park on Dunlop Sp9000's : 1:14:30, Came 2nd in outright driver, in the overall V8 result, 2006 N.S.W dutton rally :1syellow1

:king: T3 :king: The Mightiest & Deadliest Tickford Ever To Hit The Road........
Firefox7 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-11-2006, 07:37 PM   #76
XA-Coupe
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by new2ford
Yes you did, and the action is not unlike the suggestions made on this forum:
http://www.news.com.au/story/0,23599...1-1242,00.html
Damn, I was wrong, police command and the pollies were all the guests looking at our forum desperate for ideas on what to do : py:
Old 15-11-2006, 07:42 PM   #77
wulos
Forum Director

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: All the behind-the-scenes effort. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: For his advice, tips/tricks in the Art and Photography section of the Forum. 

Quote:
Damn, I was wrong, police command and the pollies were all the guests looking at our forum desperate for ideas on what to do : py:
hmmm - I wonder what OTHER suggestions we can come up with then...
*please read the healthy dose of sarcasm underlining this post*
wulos is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-11-2006, 07:43 PM   #78
Redrum
Force Fed Fords

I think for the safety of officers perhaps all road side intercepts should now be banned. Whether a car hits you at 100kmph or 80kmph isn't much difference and I find it comical the suggestion to conduct road side intercepts from a police vehicle. For one, if the police vehicle were to be hit by another vehicle doing 100kmph they would still probably be killed. Also all emergency lanes will have to be widened to allow two vehicles to be side by side. I wonder what magical band aid fix those in force command will come up with next.

Remember safety first : : : : : : :
Old 15-11-2006, 07:46 PM   #79
XA-Coupe
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redrum
I think for the safety of officers perhaps all road side intercepts should now be banned. Whether a car hits you at 100kmph or 80kmph isn't much difference and I find it comical the suggestion to conduct road side intercepts from a police vehicle. For one, if the police vehicle were to be hit by another vehicle doing 100kmph they would still probably be killed. Also all emergency lanes will have to be widened to allow two vehicles to be side by side. I wonder what magical band aid fix those in force command will come up with next.

Remember safety first : : : : : : :
You have been in long enough to realise that they are completely reactionary. The only way to get around that fact is to get out.. the unfortunate reality.
Old 15-11-2006, 07:50 PM   #80
Redrum
Force Fed Fords

Quote:
You have been in long enough to realise that they are completely reactionary. The only way to get around that fact is to get out.. the unfortunate reality.
My response was given with tongue in cheek. I do still enjoy what I do and also beggers cannot be choosers.........
Old 15-11-2006, 07:53 PM   #81
XA-Coupe
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redrum
My response was given with tongue in cheek. I do still enjoy what I do and also beggers cannot be choosers.........
lol, they haven't hung you out to dry yet apparently :newangel:
Old 15-11-2006, 07:56 PM   #82
Redrum
Force Fed Fords

Quote:
lol, they haven't hung you out to dry yet apparently :newangel:
Perhaps I am just too dumb to realise it : :