Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 15-11-2006, 06:06 PM   #31
Feathers
Lucifer's Angel

I was made to learn on a manual. That way I could drive either as soon as I got my P's.

I hated it at the time, but after 5 years in an auto, I chose to get a manual XR.

If you thought you might be driving a manual, why didn't you do your test in one in the first place?
Blueprint, manual, 4490's, Redback 2.5" dual exhaust, BA Typhoon rims, tint, fog light covers, BF tailights, blue illuminated window switches, Ghia bootlid carpet, lower grille, FPV door spears, steering wheel & interior bits, XR6T + F6 intake, K&N filter, Typhoon spoiler, tuned, sway bars, custom angel eyes & plates..YUM!

If there's one thing guys in Holdens hate more than being beaten by a Ford...
It's being beaten by a girl driving a Ford
Feathers is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-11-2006, 06:25 PM   #32
flappist
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by John_xr6
how can it be "unlicensed driver" when he has a licence?

he would be breaching licence conditions because on his licence it would have conditions "A" for automatic...
I have a gun licence, can I drive a big truck with a shiny bullbar?

The licence is for single or several particular vehicle classes.
If your licence does not include that category then it is invalid and you are unlicenced.
If you have an automatic car only licence then you cannot drive a manual car or any truck, bus, motorcycle, space shuttle, ocean liner or sell beer.......
flappist is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-11-2006, 06:36 PM   #33
arm79
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by fordAU
Incorrect, he is not licenced to drive a manual, the offence is "Unlicensed Driver".

The penalty could be a fine or a custodial sentence, dependant on a number of factors.
In addition if he is insured his insurance company will scrap him in the advent of a collision, the ramifications could be very serious indeed, not worth it imo.
No sorry, you are incorrect. A quick phone call to Altona North police station confirmed I am right. The charge on the fine is "Failure to Obey Licence Conditions" and the fine is now $113.

And you can get this fine 100 times over, there is no further charge above a standard on the spot fine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by flappist
I have a gun licence, can I drive a big truck with a shiny bullbar?

The licence is for single or several particular vehicle classes.
If your licence does not include that category then it is invalid and you are unlicenced.
If you have an automatic car only licence then you cannot drive a manual car or any truck, bus, motorcycle, space shuttle, ocean liner or sell beer.......
See... Now, that is just being silly.
arm79 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-11-2006, 06:59 PM   #34
fordAU

Quote:
Originally Posted by arm79
No sorry, you are incorrect. A quick phone call to Altona North police station confirmed I am right. The charge on the fine is "Failure to Obey Licence Conditions" and the fine is now $113.

And you can get this fine 100 times over, there is no further charge above a standard on the spot fine.

See... Now, that is just being silly.
I stand corrected on this one, the offence is driving outside the conditions of the licence, even though in this case you are technically unlicenced to drive a manual.

As far as penalty goes that would vary dependant on which state but no way I would take the chance, have a prang and you would have major dramas, no way your insurance would cover you.

Cheers guys.
fordAU is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-11-2006, 08:48 PM   #35
Lightning Strike GT
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyro_02
yeah but people driving expensive cars wouldn't get pulled up much at all, you'd probably be unlucky to get pulled up in a 2000 and onwards car(if you were driving normal and not wrecklessly).
Even driving to $400 83 XE pos I have not been pulled up maybe QLD is a bit easier than VIC or the cops up here don't have an attitude problem or a point to prove
And an 2019 MD Mondeo Trend Wagon in Platinum White
Lightning Strike GT is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-11-2006, 09:09 PM   #36
bEAn86

i love SA, any trans any car on your P's at 16.5 yrs and full licence when you are 19 years old! well thats wot i did anyway! it might of changed
bEAn86 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-11-2006, 11:38 PM   #37
kyro_02
V8 wannaabeee

Quote:
Originally Posted by arm79
Fine is "Failure to obey licence conditions" ie Driving an manual on an auto licence.

Penalty is $110 and no points. Not a biggie, but surely more expensive that resitting the test.
yeah i knew the fine would be cheap, wasn't quite sure on the points, thought it might of been atleast 1 point.. but hey.. thats even better no points :P
kyro_02 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-11-2006, 11:44 PM   #38
cedric
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

a rev head with auto only. WHAT THE ? you have to be the only male in australia who hasn't got a manual licence. as if it changes when you get your P's.
cedric is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-11-2006, 11:49 PM   #39
kyro_02
V8 wannaabeee

LOL i'm not the only male with an AUTO License... i went auto cause i needed my license asap and less chance of 'mishaps' during the test.. but hey its not like i can't go for my manual license !
kyro_02 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post