Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 15-11-2006, 10:25 PM   #31
Yellow_Festiva
Where to next??

$93.50 per hour!! surely not!

How much does the apprentice that probably does 80% of the service get out of this???
Yellow_Festiva is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-11-2006, 10:51 PM   #32
The Goodz
E-Series Firemaker

$5.50? That's better than what I get. We charge $12.85 retail.

$93.50. I kid you not. What do you think the apprentice gets? Do you honestly think that the mechanics get anywhere near that much? No offence, but if every business charged according to what YOU think is right, there wouldn't be much of an economy to speak of. Realistically, everyone is out there to make a profit, and I don't agree with the pricing any more than you do, I wouldn't pay that much myself. But a business charges whatever it likes, its up to you as to whether or not you choose to use their services.

Alex

Automotive photography, fine art landscapes, portraiture
Photo retouching and restoration

The Goodz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-11-2006, 11:13 PM   #33
TwistedEL
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Yeap they can charge whatever they like, fleets will still get their car serviced with them anyway

I have never seen an empty Ford Service workshop
TwistedEL is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-11-2006, 07:48 AM   #34
The Goodz
E-Series Firemaker

We're capable of doing at least 70 cars a day, and its not unusual that we do that many either... I've heard of some other dealerships (not just Ford) that do 100+.

Alex

Automotive photography, fine art landscapes, portraiture
Photo retouching and restoration

The Goodz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-11-2006, 08:37 AM   #35
OLDFORDNUT
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

the workshops pay for all wages from manager down to cleaner in dealerships, its their bread and butter, its been over $70 an hour for the last 15 years so $93 is probably not bad considering the times we live in.
mate works at Toyota dealership and he has to tell old people he picks up in the curtesy car that their bill is $2000+ regulary,not the hour rate that hurts its alternators and things like that costing outragious amounts,He has told me of several occasions where he has had to help people who nearly collapse from the scare.
OLDFORDNUT is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-11-2006, 08:57 AM   #36
smally289
growing up is optional

The old 5 o'clock heart attack!
smally289 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-11-2006, 04:45 PM   #37
DJM83
Barra Turbo > V8
Donating Member3

Rip off i used to take my old XR6 to ford never again, although they were good to me i know a mechanic at ford (apprentice) and got along with the spare parts guy good bought heaps of stuff, but im not going there again i can get my car serviced elsewhere and cheaper, and they dont get the apprentice's to test drive them and give my car a hiding (nothing againest apprentices) but ive heard afew stories on here and around the traps