Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 03-12-2006, 02:34 PM   #31
XRchic
Hello

Quote:
Originally Posted by EviLkarL
I wasn't going to air my story about the issue i had, however with this topis its a great opportunity.

I had a BA XR8 which I dropped off to my dealer for its 30,000k service. This was the same dealer I bought the car from.

Upon return that afternoon, I arrived to pick up and was told there had been a small accident and the apprentice had smashed my car while parking it. They bought the car ot show me, nothing to serious, smashed headlight, bumber, dented front guard and bonnet, scuffed front rim.

The workshop leading hard obviously appologied and remarked that not only will it be fixed, but there will be no charge for the service. I sort of expected the free service anyway, as i certainly wasn't satisfied with it lol

I was heart broken because there was not a scratch on this car previous to this and i treat my cars like presious metal. They gave me a loaner for the night which had to be returned the next day. Overnight I discussed the idea of trading up as I couldn't bring myself to accept a repaired car. The following day i returned and began to talk turkey with sales and ended up buying another car. I received full value for my traded XR8 and i was happy with the deal.

3 weeks later, the service manager is on the phone telling me i have an outstanding service fee on the XR8. He wouldn't take my story on the free service and refered it back to the guy that told me this.

Should I pay the fee ?
No.

Dealer service departments are absolutely the worst places to get your car serviced - not because of the mechanics but because of their philosophies of deliberately trying to rip customers off. My partner has just resigned from the service dept of one such dealer.

Besides, they said you didnt have to pay, that it was free due to the inconvenience caused by the accident - if you have that on paper somewhere then great. If not, just argue with them and refuse to pay. They are probably just hoping you will go "OK, I guess I should pay then" and cough up. Cause a bit of trouble and they will forget it quick enough.

Never get your Ford serviced at a dealer.

: Cobra :
XRchic is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-12-2006, 04:23 PM   #32
groops

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wally
We've had "terrible", "shocking", "disgusting" and even a bank thrown in for good measure, but I am still scratching my head trying to figure out what we are supposed to be aggravated , indignant and horrified with? Did someone die or come close to dying? There sure hasn't been any facts about what the dispute is about... or has there?

Is it that a member has not had satisfaction over the phone with some call centre drone and his/her similarly beige supervisor? Wait 'til they offshore the service to India.... they'll sell you a phone plan while you wait. _2:

I took on Ford and won big time, so much so I had reps from all around Australia wanting to know how I beat them, because they had issues with their own cars. It was simple, I got the facts and I verified them with irrefutable proof. Not bad for a wally eh LSTerritoryGhia?
Had Proof, evidence, and recordings of phone conversations of them telling me conflicting stories...the agents WERE aware of me recording the conversation...still have to go through the courts and even when i told them I was going to ACA or TT they still had the nerve to say "I'm sorry you feel that way" - anyways, i've had enough of their service, I've given up fighting with them over the phone...I'll let the courts and evidence do the talking...
groops is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-12-2006, 04:25 PM   #33
XRQTR
TBA Customs

Quote:
Originally Posted by 070mstg
yes but so many people think its a good threat to get what they want.
You have obviously not read, misread or just misunderstood, I DID NOT threaten them with Consumer affairs, I simply asked them who I could speak to in order to resolve the issue, THEY advised ME to call Consumer Affairs.

It was right at the beginning of the conversation, I asked if the person on the phone was a. qualified and b. capable (high enough in the chain) of resolving the issue, he said no so I asked who I could speak to and that was the response that I got.

And EviLkarL, no I would not pay the bill, mainly because a dealership would not let you take the car without payment unless some other arrangement was made to pay at a later date. Also I would assume that they would have written on your invoice something to the effect that the service was a no fee job. Check your paperwork.
XRQTR is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-12-2006, 05:29 PM   #34
vztrt
IWCMOGTVM Club Supporter

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: vztrt is one of the most consistent and respected contributors to AFF, I have found his contributions are most useful to discussion as well as answering members queries. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by chich
The moral of the story - fight hard, try your best to win the battle and take your business elsewhere. They're an absolute pack of a**holes.. and then the morons wonder why their market share is declining
Funny enough Fords market share (in australia) isn't declining, it actually has increased from last year.
vztrt is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-12-2006, 05:59 PM   #35
b2tf
not here much anymore

Like most in this thread, I have had less than pleasurable dealings with a Ford dealer, both in buying a new car and servicing one.

To me, CRC = a third party with no real use. CRC have no real control over dealers, at the most usually all they can do is intervene in the situation and try to resolve it. I've only ever had one dealing with them and they didnt prove very helpful, although to be fair in that particular situation there wasnt really much they could do.

99% of the time though it really comes down to how you can approach the dealer, dont run to CRC, stand your ground. All these people who say "I paid the bill BUT now Im not happy" - well sorry to say but it is in a way your own fault. Golden rule is NEVER pay for it until you have an invoice in your hand stating what has been done, youve checked it has been done, and nothing outstanding is on your mind.

EviLkarL - if a dealer had pranged my car, Id be after blood! No way would I accept it, Id be wanting an audience with the moron who was at the wheel when it happened too. Having seen how some of them act with a car that isnt theirs (used to work at a dealer), there's no way in hell I let anybody but me drive my car.