Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 10-12-2006, 09:05 PM   #1
JYoung
Starter Motor

Default John Goss

hi,
My name is Joanne and my dad Geoff Young lived on russell island in qld and he had a john goss the last one ever made, my dad passed away in 1999 on russell island, my mum sold the house over there and she said she left the car with the house, i would like to find the car so that i could do it up to orginal condition in respect to my dad and would appreciate any information on this car.
If i couldnt find this particular car i would love to get a body of one so i could do the same thing any information on this.

Regards

Joanne

JYoung is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-12-2006, 09:09 PM   #2
xe351
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

you might need a few more details than that, like the vin/chassis numbers, was it blue and white or green and white etc
xe351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-12-2006, 12:36 AM   #3
Jayden
Graphic Artist

good luck with this. If it was the last one ever made then im sure its findable if you persist.
Old 11-12-2006, 08:39 AM   #4
070mstg

http://www.johngossspecial.com/
070mstg is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-12-2006, 09:16 AM   #5
JYoung
Starter Motor

Default John Goss

Hi

Thanks for your reply I think it would be hard because I dont know any info on this car except for it was Blue and white with an orange stripe it was last registered in WA. Can I Get info on VIN Numbers etc from Ford, or Motor Registry?

Regards

Joanne.
JYoung is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-12-2006, 12:59 PM   #6
pb02
inconceivable!

Find out the current owners of the property and ask them if they still have the car. If they are the same people that bought the property in 1999 then your half way there. Simply ask them if they still have it. If not, who they sold it too. Any information. Also look up old pictures you may have and try and locate the registration if it is on any of the photos.
I've found most people are quiet helpful in this situation and pass on info. I've traced back history on vehicles before, sometimes it's just one or two calls and you have everything.
Good luck and let us know how you go.
pb02 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-12-2006, 06:38 PM   #7
Donny
Tickford 220kw Windsor...

Look through any of your fathers old paperwork for rego slips etc too. These will have the cars VIN numbers and rego plate numbers. A good place to start.

My father passed away in 1999 too, I recently tracked down his old XA GT RPO 83 that we grew up in, from old rego papers and the VIN, with the exact same intent as you. Unfortunantly for me, I found dads car had gone to the great above with him. I was able to trace it through 3 other owners till it was broken apart and sold as bits n peices.
I know it's a sad thing, but be prepared for this outcome.
I am doing the next best option, building an XA GT Coupe in his honour.
Good Luck!!

Donny is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post