Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 26-12-2006, 11:30 PM   #31
Hunter
Ex EL Falcon

Ahhh I know that feeling... I had it happen to my EL about a year back. My pride and joy (which I had fitted a brand new front bar to replace bullbar only 2 months earlier) was sitting parked out front of my (at the time) workplace. The workplace in question had a large number of vehicles which had to be driven into the shop at the close of every day. My car was flanked at either end by these vehicles and it was raining quite nicely. One of the young apprentices gets into a combo van (which is parked about 5-10 meters in front of mine) and starts reversing it back for some unknown reason.
I'm standing there with a work colleague (who's having a durrie) thinking "this clown is going to hit my car". The apprentice is reversing at a steady rate and I get to watch in slow motion my car get backed into. Apprentice gets out, seemingly oblivious to what he has just done then one of the other apprentices says "who's car is that?". I go "ITS MY BLOODY CAR!" and then blow up in spectular fashion and nobody came near me for about 15-20 minutes. I still can't believe he reversed into my car - he didn't even need to reverse to move the combo piece of ****.
Old 27-12-2006, 03:20 AM   #32
qwigybo
hunting 300kw's

someone reversed into mums work car the other day and took off, i mean all well and good but how can you not notice hitting the passenger door on a kia carnival surely the big wall of white (car colour) behind you would give you some idea
qwigybo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-12-2006, 11:17 AM   #33
blaqxr6

i got a good one- just finished my resto on a 65 mustang coupe...did it all myself. Went to get some chewies down the local milk bar at 7 am before work. Anyway, the carpark is completely empty- i see a lady in a sedan park RIGHT NEXT to me. So i'm looking out of the milkbar and just then, her young kid opens the rear passenger door right into the side of my brand spanking shiny mustang....and i'm not talking soft! i heard it from 20 meters away. I mouth to her "did that hit the car" and she shakes her head "no no no" so i walk out of the milk bar to check it out and F%#k! there was a massive dent in the rear/side quarter of my baby! and thats some pretty thick steel below the quarter window! Couldn't go off at her either because i taught her other kid at the local catholic high school- he was sitting in the front in his school uniform. So i bite my tongue.

Anyway, i ended up getting the whole car body resprayed, windows out..the works. I got a company to organise everything for me, kind of like an agent. They organised the repairs, a hire car and delivery of the car back to me within the week- all at the expense of her insurance company. Just the respray cost $3200 - well it was a classic car!
Maybe that stupid woman will now supervise her unfortunate offspring more closely- and that b*#ch tried to lie to me too.

ha ha - i recon the shock took years off my life though.
blaqxr6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post