Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Closed Thread

Old 31-12-2006, 08:24 AM   #61
nugget378
Weezland

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always willing to impart knowledge in the technical areas. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redrum
He committed the offence and received the penalty. Isn't that part of the reason police are employed, to enforce road safety rules/laws?
How do you figure he commited anything,reading the post it seems he commited nothing,and in fact until he admits it and pays the fine I'd say its up in the air as to whether he did it or not.
Old 31-12-2006, 08:57 AM   #62
351red
Starter Motor

remember the castle, the little man can win,good luck
Old 31-12-2006, 09:31 AM   #63
XA-Coupe
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by nugget378
How do you figure he commited anything,reading the post it seems he commited nothing,and in fact until he admits it and pays the fine I'd say its up in the air as to whether he did it or not.
He knows if he was doing it or not. If there is actually an offence that covers the situation he needs to either perjure himself or get a solicitor to discredit the 'witness' ( the police officer ) which is a risk given that despite the views of some people around here, the majority of them do know there stuff.
On the other hand, if there is no offence for not having the seatbelt adjusted properly ( assuming it was actually not adjusted properly ) or he feels it was adjusted properly then then go for it.
Old 31-12-2006, 11:18 AM   #64
Bill_R
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Makes you wonder why the court system is backed up at cost to taxpayers.
It *seems* this is a retaliation thing but might not be so. With all seatbelts I like them tight. You feel your back push hard into the seat and sense the balance of the car with your back.
there is no need to let cops in just because they are cops. I think the lesson here is to tighten up that seatbelt. If he pulled you over and it was tight you'd have a better case. "wear it" might be good advice.
Old 31-12-2006, 11:36 AM   #65
GasoLane
Former BTIKD
Donating Member2

Seat belts are not there to save lives.

There just to save the Ambo's time looking for pieces of you after the crash.
Old 31-12-2006, 11:45 AM   #66
COTTIES 69wgn
R.I.P Peter Brock

nah he never measured anything to see if it was more than 2inches away from my chest, so i think ive got a bit of an advantage!

for the ppl who say just take the fine, and dont winge, u did the crime!
I allways stand up to my actions, allways! this time its gone to far and im not taking it! no way, i tried doin the right thing by everyone and i got scr**ed over by it and to loose my license because of it... nah i aint taking that.

I will be speaking to the head officer after new years, and hopefully clear it all up right there and then, if not then yeah ill be goin to court.

Cheers for all your support guys, really appreciate it
Dave
Old 31-12-2006, 11:49 AM   #67
Falcon Coupe
Clevo Mafia Inc.

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: The exceptional contribution made to AFF over an extended period of time. Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Your tireless efforts behind the scenes in keeping AFF the place it is. 

Good on you Dave, stand up for yourself, i believe this case is unjust.
Old 31-12-2006, 01:11 PM   #68
xdclevo
The Fun Mobile

For the people that say do the time for his crime. The police officer said its not to be 2 inches away, and then 69wgn went on to post "it wasn't that bad"
So get off his case and stop getting emotional about it.
Best of luck mate.
2V powahhhhh
Old 31-12-2006, 01:21 PM   #69
Green X
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Redrum

The point of my story was that on both occasions the cop’s were just being ******* and got caught out, and on both occasions had an attitude change from being a hard **** to being Mr. Nice guy once they realised that had been caught out and buy who.

From reading COTTIES story it sound’s like he was only pulled over cause he didn’t let the Police Officer in and after he couldn’t get him for anything he pinged him on a loose seatbelt. Now if this guy wasn’t such a tosser, he simply could have said that his seat belt is a tad loose and is actually illegal and recommend he correctly adjust it for his own safety and to prevent a fine next time.

No wouldn’t that have been a better corse of action, than fining him 6 points for what sounds like an honest mistake.

The other day I was with the Old man who was driving, we were on owe way out to dinner ( he was off-duty) going down a quite road 2 cars sped past us that were having a bit of a race.

The old man simply followed em to the lights got out of his car walked up to the last guys window, Stuck his head in the widow, “Oh dick head, I suggest you and you idiot friend slow down or I will have you car’s impounded understand, Now give ya mate the same massage”

Then walked back to the car and we drove off.

Now yes he could of pinged them both, but rather he decided to give them a friendly kick in the **** and at the end of the day that will probably do more than impounding there cars for 48hrs.
Old 31-12-2006, 01:22 PM   #70
Redrum
Force Fed Fords

Quote:
Originally Posted by nugget378
I hear these stories a million times. I am sure police just go out of their way giving innocent motorists fines because they have nothing better to do. This person has a great forum to air their grief. It is called a court. The magistrates' are generally fair and impartial. The other avenues if he believes the member was not doing their job right etc is to complain to the relevant ombudsman.
Old 31-12-2006, 01:22 PM   #71
Redrum
Force Fed Fords

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green X
Redrum

The point of my story was that on both occasions the cop’s were just being ******* and got caught out, and on both occasions had an attitude change from being a hard **** to being Mr. Nice guy once they realised that had been caught out and buy who.

From reading COTTIES story it sound’s like he was only pulled over cause he didn’t let the Police Officer in and after he couldn’t get him for anything he pinged him on a loose seatbelt. Now if this guy wasn’t such a tosser, he simply could have said that his seat belt is a tad loose and is actually illegal and recommend he correctly adjust it for his own safety and to prevent a fine next time.

No wouldn’t that have been a better corse of action, than fining him 6 points for what sounds like an honest mistake.

The other day I was with the Old man going out to driving to dinner ( he was off-duty) going down a quite road 2 cars sped past us that were having a bit of a race.

The old man simply followed em to the lights got out of his car walked up to the last guys window, Stuck his head in the widow, “Oh dick head, I suggest you and you idiot friend slow down or I will have you car’s impounded understand, Now give ya mate the same massage”

Then walked back to the car and we drove off.

Now yes he could of pinged them both, but rather he decided to give them a friendly kick in the **** and at the end of the day that will probably do more than impounding there cars for 48hrs.
One side of the story. Of course when people are caught doing the wrong thing they want a warning. But that is up to the members discretion. Now once someone has attended quite a few road accidents, fatals etc, their views harden on traffic laws. So for the hoon, with his little burn out, or other offence, thinking not much of it, it is quite different to the member who deals with this crap every day.
Old 31-12-2006, 01:27 PM   #72
Green X
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Yes and I also know there are good cops and there are bad cops
Old 31-12-2006, 01:29 PM   #73
Redrum
Force Fed Fords

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green X
Yes and I also know there are good cops and there are bad cops
Geez. There are good and bad everything, but why is it that people always make such a fuss about good and bad cops. There are good and bad drivers, there are good and bad mechanics................
Old 31-12-2006, 01:39 PM   #74
Smoked
Burnin Rubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redrum
One side of the story. Of course when people are caught doing the wrong thing they want a warning. But that is up to the members discretion. Now once someone has attended quite a few road accidents, fatals etc, their views harden on traffic laws. So for the hoon, with his little burn out, or other offence, thinking not much of it, it is quite different to the member who deals with this crap every day.
Im not a police member, but I can see where Redrum is coming from.

A mate of mine is a CFA volunteer. He bordering on needing to be hospitalised due to the mental effects of having to cut people out of car wrecks. No one really understands it until the are directly involved either as a party to or a rescuer. I witnessed a guy run a red light the other day, only to be hit by a car (who was speeding) travelling into the intersection.

That said, from what is written here, this may be a case of a police officer that has gone over board. But having not been there to see the situation and how either individual presented themselves, I cannot fully agree.

As has been said, if you feel that something has gone wrong, take it to the legal arena and state your case. Police Officers are (or try to in most cases) be impartial, add to that the human factor, and they can make mistakes. If this is such a case, you will win.
***Coming Soon: Clear Side Repeaters***
Quote:
Originally Posted by The-ShowStoPPa
...dont get me wrong this 3.8v6 is pretty special, it does come with the popular shake rattle and roll option and the auto compliments this with the ever popular snap crackle and pop feature
Old 31-12-2006, 01:46 PM   #75
Laminge
Cuban... nothing like it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoked
As has been said, if you feel that something has gone wrong, take it to the legal arena and state your case. Police Officers are (or try to in most cases) be impartial, add to that the human factor, and they can make mistakes. If this is such a case, you will win.

Well said, and to run the same risk as some of the fewls that posted in this thread, I post also......
Closed Thread