Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 02-01-2007, 02:27 PM   #151
Ringo
I see you....

When I was on the tools at a dealership....

I hit my work bench with a BMW - That will teach me to start it.......before I've adjusted the inhibitor switch.........when i'm not in it - It made a big bang noise and no, it didn't buff out. Off to the panel shop for a new bonnet, bumper cover and grille.

I also hit the edge of the garage door with the bosses car while reversing a little quickly and tore the front bumper clean off ......whoopsies!! it didn't buff out either.
Ringo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-01-2007, 02:44 PM   #152
mcflux
Banned
Donating Member1

I hit a bird a couple of times in my dad's old BA work car
mcflux is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-01-2007, 03:46 PM   #153
KaptnKaos
KAOS IS RANDOM ORDER

Many years ago (MANY MANY years ago!!) I had a fairly hot rotary-engined Mazda R100 that was capable of running sub 12 second 1/4 miles.
That poor little buzz-box died a very ugly death after a high-speed altercation with a wombat.
I was NOT a happy little vegemite for a VERY long time after that night!!
KaptnKaos is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-01-2007, 03:55 PM   #154
LilMissDrift

I have hit a Rabbit in an LJ Torana (XU1 lookalike)
a fox in my Ford Corsair, a Roo in my EX's VR Commodore.
a Car in my Corsair... hmmmm good run!
~Spoiler

~*.No its NOT my Boyfriends Car.*~
LilMissDrift is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-01-2007, 04:05 PM   #155
Dazza XLT
Back in a Ford

Ran over a few Brown Snakes on motorbikes while mustering.
Have never encountered a roo on a motorbike, but have had some close calls.

Many an Emu in the station Landcruiser. They're a bloody solid bird too!
Plenty of sheep, both on motorbikes and cars. Stupid things they are.

Hit a cow in a Prado in the NT. That made a bloody big mess. Not much left, and I wasn't going fast either. Just came around a bend at 70, and had no-where to go.

My XH- 1.Cleaned up a plains turkey travelling into Longreach. Hit on the drivers side top corner of the windscreen. Bloody lucky it didn't come straight through. Windscreen was buggered!
2. Hit a hawk right in the middle of the bullbar in SW QLD again. Pushed the mesh back a bit, but no other damage.
3. One wallaby on the passenger side, no damage. Was a solid little bugger.
4. Another small roo hopped out of the table drain and into the passenger door. Small dint in lower door area.
5. Roo hit dead centre in the bullbar. Bent the numberplate back, and cracked my numberplate surround.
They were the main ones I can remember, probably more!

The BA- Hit a 6ft Red Roo, with just 7099klm on the clock. Frontal protection was fitted!
Hit about 5 roo's around Katherine NT, and hit a few wallabys heading back into QLD.

Cheers

Darran
Old 02-01-2007, 04:26 PM   #156
sgt_doofey
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I haven't hit any wildlife with the EL. I did run over an eagle or a hawk though. It landed on the road right in front of me whilst travelling at 110km/h. I went straight over it right in the middle of the car. I looked in my rear vision mirror to see it stand up, look back, and no doubt it was thinking "WTF was that?"

The wife hit a rabbit in the Peugeot. Thankfully no damage to the plastics. She has also had a dog run in to the side the EL whilst she was driving along. It must have been chasing something and it ended up running in to the back drivers side door. I should have gotten the details of the owner and got the dent fixed up :(
Old 02-01-2007, 04:26 PM   #157
smiley

I've ran over a rabbit and possum.

Also, driving in reservoir, a slab of VB fell off the back of a ute and as soon as it hit the ground, the cans went everywhere, I tried to stop but kept going when I heard the guy behind me lock his brakes. The driver of the ute wasn't very happy.
2.5" Redback, high flow cat, Pacemaker headers

178.3rwkw
15.18 @ 95.72 MPH
smiley is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-01-2007, 04:48 PM   #158
mcflux
Banned
Donating Member1

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgt_doofey
She has also had a dog run in to the side the EL whilst she was driving along. It must have been chasing something and it ended up running in to the back drivers side door. I should have gotten the details of the owner and got the dent fixed up :(
lol that reminds me of George Costanza after someone committed suicide, landing on his ragtop!
mcflux is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post