Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 02-01-2007, 12:58 PM   #1
GreenMachine
Mopar/No Car

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Sensational write up about drum brakes. 
Default Ford Dealer in Brisbane?

Can anyone recommend one that I can send the FBT to for a minor service? I'd do it myself, but it has a complete Ford-stamped service history, and I'd like to maintain that.

The closest one to me (inner north) just finished telling me that the only "Tickford Fairlane" was the one with the XR6 motor. I'm not sending it there now.

NH

'72 Plymouth Scamp
'80 Courier
'13 Kawasaki ZX14-R
'13 Berlina
'92 Suzuki DR650

If you don't fight - You lose
GreenMachine is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-01-2007, 01:36 PM   #2
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: DASH/bfiipursuit has been alot of help over the years I have frequented this forum, lots of thoughtful and informed posts, very much a valued contributor. 

Hmm

Ford dealers??

Its really hard to recommend one as I haven't had a bag load of joy out of any of them, Southside Ford at the Gabba is pretty good but dont be suprised if they dont find a shitload of things wrong with your car, they all seem to enjoy this as they love replacing things that arent totally rooted just so they can rack up a bill of $800 - $1,500. I wouldnt take a car outta warranty near any Ford dealer, better off taking it to a reputable mechanic thats fair.
Smoke Pursuit is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-01-2007, 03:08 PM   #3
Neeek
65 Galaxie Hardtop

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenMachine
The closest one to me (inner north) just finished telling me that the only "Tickford Fairlane" was the one with the XR6 motor. I'm not sending it there now.
Given that you want to find a dealer than knows what an FBT is, have you asked Matt where he goes? Or is that Southside?

Neeek is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-01-2007, 04:00 PM   #4
The Monty
Just slidin'

The Ford at Springwood on the southside is great for spare parts, but I dont know about their service department. The guys there always give me great prices and are VERY knowledgable about all things Ford.
Old 02-01-2007, 04:04 PM   #5
BI6TIM
SnortPerformance.com

Greenmachine, take it to Torque Ford at Brendale. There are three or four forum members that work there.

They should be able to help you out. If you want the names of the members that work there PM me.
BI6TIM is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-01-2007, 05:20 PM   #6
GreenMachine
Mopar/No Car

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Sensational write up about drum brakes. 

Thanks for that Tim - I've already booked it at another dealer, but if forum members work there, it'll be Torque Ford from now on.

'72 Plymouth Scamp
'80 Courier
'13 Kawasaki ZX14-R
'13 Berlina
'92 Suzuki DR650

Old 02-01-2007, 07:19 PM   #7
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: DASH/bfiipursuit has been alot of help over the years I have frequented this forum, lots of thoughtful and informed posts, very much a valued contributor. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Monty
The Ford at Springwood on the southside is great for spare parts, but I dont know about their service department. The guys there always give me great prices and are VERY knowledgable about all things Ford.
Yes best spare parts department ive ever come across.

There was one guy there thats sadly gone (his name was Nevil), he was a champ when it comes to customer service and making sure the price was right.
Old 02-01-2007, 07:21 PM   #8
Sledgehammer
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenMachine
Can anyone recommend one that I can send the FBT to for a minor service? I'd do it myself, but it has a complete Ford-stamped service history, and I'd like to maintain that.

NH

Ask for Wayne Bennett at Southside Ford and mention me and he will look after you.
Sledgehammer is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-01-2007, 07:23 PM   #9
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sledgehammer
Ask for Wayne Bennett at Southside Ford and mention me and he will look after you.
Isnt he a new car salesmen there (FPV sales).

Dont think he will be much help with servicing.
Old 02-01-2007, 07:35 PM   #10
GCFordChic
I love AU XR8s

Quote:
Originally Posted by LSTerritoryGhia
Isnt he a new car salesmen there (FPV sales).

Dont think he will be much help with servicing.
But Stu knows Wayne, knowing people gets things done and done right. _2:

FPV & XR Owners Club of Qld
Want more info on our club?
fpvxrqldinfo@gmail.com
or see our Club Section

My Garage:
AU II XR8 Sedan "Lil T"
Hyundai i30 SR
yeah baby!
GCFordChic is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-01-2007, 07:38 PM   #11
FGX-351
Supercharged Mang-mobile

Quote:
Originally Posted by BI6TIM
Greenmachine, take it to Torque Ford at Brendale. There are three or four forum members that work there.

They should be able to help you out. If you want the names of the members that work there PM me.
I agree with this, ivenever used them for servicing my car but for everything else these guys are great and seem to know there stuff.
09/00 VX HSV XU6 Build #0001 of 0171
http://fordforums.com.au/showthread....09#post5571209
-- Best E/T: |14.982 @92.12mph | R/T:0.013 | 60' 2.213| 330: 6.283 | 1/8: 9.624 @ 73.17mph | 1000: 12.529 | 25Deg, N/A Hum, 1010mb | Willowbank Raceway 7/12/16

Tickford EL Falcon XR6 RIP
-- Factory Manual
-- Best E/T: |14.991 @ 92.71mph | R/T: 0.607 | 60': 2.215 | 660': 9.665 |13Deg, 86%H, 1024mb, 184RA @ Willowbank Raceway
FGX-351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-01-2007, 10:41 PM   #12
Linz
*SILVER SERVICE PILOT*
Donating Member1

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: For his technical submissions. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always willing to help out with good, solid advice. 

Quote:
Yes best spare parts department ive ever come across.

There was one guy there thats sadly gone (his name was Nevil), he was a champ when it comes to customer service and making sure the price was right.
WHAT???? Nev's gone? There goes my source of jokes!! I used to love going there and asking all sorts of questions about the BA..i.e. column change to floor change conversion and instrument cluster changes etc. Always greeted me with "here comes trouble!" Looks like I'll have to bother John now...Linz.
Linz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-01-2007, 10:43 PM   #13
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by linz
WHAT???? Nev's gone? There goes my source of jokes!! I used to love going there and asking all sorts of questions about the BA..i.e. column change to floor change conversion and instrument cluster changes etc. Always greeted me with "here comes trouble!" Looks like I'll have to bother John now...Linz.
Yes, Nev left about 2 months ago because of management not agreeing with his smoking adiction...

I think i was worse then here comes trouble, i spent over $10 grand with that guy and never had a bad dealing with him, everything was simple with him and if there was ever an issue with the wrong part turning up etc it was always fixed.

Johns not a bad bloke but I think he prefers to deal with trade customers rather then the front counter.
Old 02-01-2007, 11:00 PM   #14
Linz
*SILVER SERVICE PILOT*
Donating Member1

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: For his technical submissions. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always willing to help out with good, solid advice. 

Quote:
Yes, Nev left about 2 months ago because of management not agreeing with his smoking adiction...

I think i was worse then here comes trouble, i spent over $10 grand with that guy and never had a bad dealing with him, everything was simple with him and if there was ever an issue with the wrong part turning up etc it was always fixed.

Johns not a bad bloke but I think he prefers to deal with trade customers rather then the front counter.
Whoops...just read your pm before coming back to this! Thanks for the update...looks like we'll have to retrain John to our way of thinking...Linz.
Linz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-01-2007, 09:44 AM   #15
GreenMachine
Mopar/No Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sledgehammer
I went to school with Wayne... Adam Wren in the service department is also pretty good. A mate had some trouble with warranty work on his F-truck at Southside, but I'm prepared to give them one more chance.

'72 Plymouth Scamp
'80 Courier
'13 Kawasaki ZX14-R
'13 Berlina
'92 Suzuki DR650

Old 03-01-2007, 11:57 AM   #16
HOON69
Banned

springwood good for parts but thats about it
Mt Vatt has a better servicing department then springwood