Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 17-01-2007, 02:02 PM   #31
xwgasaxe
under new management

Got my Aurion AT-X back in Dec and whilst its has a great engine and 6sp Auto, the handling is a bit off with what feels like soft springs but very firm damping which results in too much body roll and a stiff choppy ride at 60km/hr.
The boot space is much less than a falcon and you can't put the back seats down, you caan poke a pair of ski's through a small hole in the back seat( I don't own ski's and I wouldn't swap my snow board for this reason.
Old 17-01-2007, 04:05 PM   #32
Poetic Justice
NOT A TOYOTA :/

Another reason why there is delay times is because Toyota is busy making shitloads of the lower models (like AT-X) and not enough of the models like Prodigy and Presara which are high in demand due to the newness of the model.

Camry is beginning to free up, but Aurion is still a little hard to obtain.

Sportivo in either Camry or Aurion shouldn't be hard to source..
Old 18-01-2007, 01:53 PM   #33
QualityCounts

Now we know why it takes 2 to 3 months to get an Aurion.

Around 10,000 will go to Kuwait and NZ.

http://www.drive.com.au/Editorial/Ar...ID=22690&vf=12
QualityCounts is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-01-2007, 02:13 PM   #34
Dave_au
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by monaroCountry
Wouldnt it be better for toyota if they met their Aurion demand rather than the Camry? I would have guessed that the Aurion has a bigger profit margin.

This cant supply more Aurion because of Carmy OS and local demands are BS. Simply put those that can afford a performance car would rather a V8, those that cant get a V8 would rather a Ford or a Holden.
Well your wrong and I've said enough already.
Dave_au is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-01-2007, 10:16 PM   #35
The Stylist
Automotive Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ltd
If that's the case then the Toyota is an American designed car too. I have seen heaps of the Aurions over there; wearing the badge Avalon.
What the? The current American Avalon is a totally different looking car to the Aurion. The U.S has the Camry which the Aurion is based off, but the Avalon is bigger and different car.
The Stylist is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post