Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 28-07-2006, 01:11 PM   #1
MISTA FIESTA
Da Shifty One

Default Car Wash Cafes

Hello,

Just after peoples experiences with Car Wash Places around Sydney. There is a few around my area which i wouldnt mind trying one is called Star Wash Cafe and i usually see exotics getting done when i drive by, but i dont want them to mistreat my pride and joy.

Do you think its worth paying $100 plus to get professionally done or do it yourself and just go hard with the Merguires Products

CHeers

Damo

Old 28-07-2006, 01:35 PM   #2
Feathers
Lucifer's Angel

Personally I prefer to do it myself, but if you don't have the time or facilities then I guess they would be a good alternative.
Blueprint, manual, 4490's, Redback 2.5" dual exhaust, BA Typhoon rims, tint, fog light covers, BF tailights, blue illuminated window switches, Ghia bootlid carpet, lower grille, FPV door spears, steering wheel & interior bits, XR6T + F6 intake, K&N filter, Typhoon spoiler, tuned, sway bars, custom angel eyes & plates..YUM!

If there's one thing guys in Holdens hate more than being beaten by a Ford...
It's being beaten by a girl driving a Ford
Feathers is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-07-2006, 02:10 PM   #3
MRJUCY
Fordless

No chance I'd use one you see them using the same nasty bucket, sponge & chamois for car after car so every body elses dirt & grit gets rubbed over & swirling your car.

PS You can do a lot better then Meguiars
MRJUCY is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-07-2006, 02:39 PM   #4
MISTA FIESTA
Da Shifty One

The thing is ive got a free voucher (from Ford) for a full detail from on of these places and i wouldnt mind using it just as a once off thing.

Ive always trusted and think merguries is pretty top notch when it comes to making ur car feel like glass. So i wouldnt use anything else
Old 28-07-2006, 02:47 PM   #5
Miss_XR6

Merguries is really good im always using it and have never had any problems with there stuff
Miss_XR6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-07-2006, 03:12 PM   #6
max
LWBforME

Quote:
Originally Posted by MISTA FIESTA
The thing is ive got a free voucher (from Ford) for a full detail from on of these places and i wouldnt mind using it just as a once off thing.

Ive always trusted and think merguries is pretty top notch when it comes to making ur car feel like glass. So i wouldnt use anything else
Yeah give them a try. Good to get a pro detail once in a while. But its fun doing the whole deal yourself at home all Sat afternoon, few mates around, coupla beers, music.... take your time... Meguiars is top stuff.
max is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-07-2006, 03:35 PM   #7
MISTA FIESTA
Da Shifty One

Quote:
Originally Posted by max
Yeah give them a try. Good to get a pro detail once in a while. But its fun doing the whole deal yourself at home all Sat afternoon, few mates around, coupla beers, music.... take your time... Meguiars is top stuff.
Yeah that what i usually do. I think ill give em a go, if they are unprofessional ill just givem bad feedback but i think it will all right.
Old 21-01-2007, 12:12 PM   #8
kieran23
Starter Motor

I went to a Star Wash last weekend and got their $75 wash. Was pretty happy with the result apart from these wierd little black dots of material that appeared on my bonnet. They rubbed off easily so wasnt too fussed about it and when I pointed it out to them they were happy to remove them and also gave me a free voucher for next time. Went to a Crystal car wash cafe today (was in the area and my baby needed a clean), got their basic wash for $20 and ended up with a nasty scratch on the bonnet. (Didnt notice until I got her home). Not happy and wont be going back there, hope it buffs out. Think I will be going back to Star Wash next weekend!
kieran23 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-01-2007, 12:18 PM   #9
Mechan1k
Donating Member1

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Brings a wealth of knowledge to the forums and is frequently giving helpful advice. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always willing to help out with technical information. 

Have been to several around Sydney in my travels ... seeing as I only get the work ute washed there ... I do try to keep it clean though ... there are some average ones ... and some good ones.

There is a dodgy looking one at Prospect (Formula One) ... and I'd have to say they do the best work of any I have been to.

The one at Ryde (near Marsden Rd intersection on Victoria Rd) isn't too bad ... have had it cleaned there a few times.

And the Crystal car wash in Chatswood near work aren't bad either.

As I said ... it's the work ute ... as long as it gets a clean every now and again ... it doesn't bother me ... I can't wash it at home (I am on tank water and water is precious for me).

I am going to get the work ute detailed by a pro soon as the paint does need a little attention though (as it isn't garaged at home ... even though I have 4 garages).
Mechan1k is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-01-2007, 01:50 PM   #10
Sorted
OzEcruisers PRESIDENT

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: For all the contributions you make to the AFF community. 

This is in Melbs though

I borrowed my Dad's car one day and it was already dirty before I pikced it up but I thought since it was nice of him to let me borrow it I would get it cleaned.

Took it to one of those Car Wash Cafes, got the $110 super deal............

Car was all clean time to pay and drive away BUT they didn't know I use to work in a Car Wash so I know where the dirt is if not cleaned properly.

Checked Door Jams - Still Dirty
Checked Front and Lower Grille - Still Dirty
Checked around Exhaust Pipe - Still Dirty
Check water channels in boot - Still Dirty

Anyway the list goes on and I was there for abother 30 minutes before I was kind of happy and drove away.

But its the luck of the draw, everyone will have a horror story for anything.......

As long as you check everything it should be okay....

Tuned by DYNOMOTIVE

200BUX - AFF Drag Nats 2019 EF Wagon
Quote:
Originally Posted by rednose View Post
Common knowledge that the more weight you take out of the car the less power you need to run the time.
Sorted is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-01-2007, 02:00 PM   #11
Mechan1k
Donating Member1

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Brings a wealth of knowledge to the forums and is frequently giving helpful advice. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always willing to help out with technical information. 

Usually doesn't bother me if they leave a few little things .... I don't mind going over it and cleaning the little things afterwards myself ... but it is nice to see they are done though.

As long as they clean all the hard crap and the majority of the work is done ... i am happy ... I don't mind the fiddly detailing afterwards.
Mechan1k is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-01-2007, 02:10 PM   #12
GT290
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Cleveland street Sydney down the road from the bat and ball, clevland hotel etc. Towards surry hill any way, I used one there and got to know the guy. They did a lot of very rich people and limo's etc and They were doing some really nice cars but when the GT rolled in it was premo service man, they loved that car so it got the good treatment. people Just can't ignor an Aussi v8, somthing to do with its supercar brothers and the general nostelgia of it all brings out the clasic car loving personality in us all. I can recomend them any way. Professionals and great service.
Old 21-01-2007, 02:16 PM   #13
FTE217
T3/Sprint8
Donating Member2

MistaFiesta you say it's your pride and joy !
Please don't take this the wrong way but you got to be joking.....
These car wash cafes are the maccas of the detailing world !
Christ they don't even use micro fibre cloths or towels talk about cheapskates and wgaf about the customers paint.
The porsche,bemeer owners etc that use these places only care to have a car look clean but I bet you look close at the paint it would have swirls marks etc....
As Jucy mentioned how about asking them how often do they clean their soap buckets ? after countless rims etc they clean, christ I can feel the scratches on my paint.
As for experts ? Maybe some have an idea but I bet the staff turnover must be high.
Sorry off rant....
Get some megs and sweat it out for a much more satisfied finish.
"Don't believe everything you read on the internet. Abraham Lincoln"
FTE217 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-01-2007, 02:21 PM   #14
Bucknaked
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluedriver
These car wash cafes are the maccas of the detailing world !
Christ they don't even use micro fibre cloths or towels talk about cheapskates and wgaf about the customers paint.
The porsche,bemeer owners etc that use these places only care to have a car look clean but I bet you look close at the paint it would have swirls marks etc....
As Jucy mentioned how about asking them how often do they clean their soap buckets ? after countless rims etc they clean, christ I can feel the scratches on my paint.
As for experts ? Maybe some have an idea but I bet the staff turnover must be high.
Sorry off rant....
Don't hold back Big Fella :
Bucknaked is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-01-2007, 02:28 PM   #15
sfr rob
○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○ ○○○○○

hehehe... we have a ripper car wash in melbourne, on the warrigal and center road intersection.... It's called Kitten's or something to that effect, Young busty girls washing your car with skimpy bikini's... i wouldnt care less if they washed my ba with a hessian bag full of rocks.

Just kidding (about the bag thing).

I was going to get my BA done at one of these joints, but they are pretty pricey.. i would rather get a mobile car detailer to come around and give it a crack... which i might actually do very soon, once all this crappy rain full of ash stops here!
sfr rob is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-01-2007, 05:37 PM   #16
Kommandant
ED4LYFE

Quote:
hehehe... we have a ripper car wash in melbourne, on the warrigal and center road intersection.... It's called Kitten's or something to that effect, Young busty girls washing your car with skimpy bikini's... i wouldnt care less if they washed my ba with a hessian bag full of rocks.
Why not just park across the street and get a good view for free? :P
Old 21-01-2007, 05:40 PM   #17
TURBOTAXI
Turbo Falcon Fiend

paid between $12 and $30 for this service.

Some great, some average. no damage - thats whats important I guess.
Old 21-01-2007, 05:51 PM   #18
MISTA FIESTA
Da Shifty One

Quote:
No harm done at all. I should have pointed out that at the time i made my post, i had a free carwash @ Star Wash Cafe thanks to Ford Australia. that expried after a month. You will be please to know that i never used it. I have always cleaned my car by hand even if a full detail takes me 8 hours. Only been using merguires and pretty happy with there range.

Yes its only a Fiesta, But its mine. Anyways the point is i dont trust anyone else doing anything with my car. The sweat is all worth it.

Just out of curiousity, why would anyone go to these places if the majority of em arnt up to standard?
Old 21-01-2007, 06:00 PM   #19
DOC
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by MISTA FIESTA
Just out of curiousity, why would anyone go to these places if the majority of em arnt up to standard?
Why do people eat at Macca's when you can cook a better burger at home, it's just easier some times.

Car looks good, well done.
DOC is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-01-2007, 06:12 PM   #20
MISTA FIESTA
Da Shifty One

Quote:
Originally Posted by DOC
Why do people eat at Macca's when you can cook a better burger at home, it's just easier some times.
Well thats a pretty good answer, but i coulnt do that to myself even if its the easy way out. I would go nutz it was something more special than a fiesta and they decided to scratch something before a AFD. They should have a policy " you scratch it, you pay for it".
Old 21-01-2007, 06:46 PM   #21
sfr rob
○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○ ○○○○○

yeah Mista Fiesta, I would only take my car to one of those joints if they had a poilcy like that, but i think they would just say it was there before, blah blah blah.. most of the people working at these places are numb nuts and probably dont respect other peoples vehicles. Where as on the other hand.. .like i said before, i am sure a mobile car detailer would do an awesome job, be careful & have some sort of insurance.
sfr rob is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-01-2007, 09:41 PM   #22
Dark Horse
_Oo===oO_

Quote:
Or some mates over and jobshare. :
Old 21-01-2007, 09:46 PM   #23
rxj

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRJUCY
No chance I'd use one you see them using the same nasty bucket, sponge & chamois for car after car so every body elses dirt & grit gets rubbed over & swirling your car.

PS You can do a lot better then Meguiars
Mr Jucy,

And I thought Meguiars was the best products on the market. : :

Cheers,

rxj.
rxj is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-01-2007, 10:37 PM   #24
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: DASH/bfiipursuit has been alot of help over the years I have frequented this forum, lots of thoughtful and informed posts, very much a valued contributor. 

Ergh its like this in brisbane, with these water restrictions the way they are ive just about given up trying to wash my car at home myself, today i ended up driving it through a laser wash which to my suprise did a great job, i usually wouldnt do this but as the car was covered in dust and tree sap / crap it had to be wash asap before something damaged it.
Smoke Pursuit is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-01-2007, 11:48 PM   #25
FTE217
T3/Sprint8
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Horse
Or some mates over and jobshare. :
Thats networking son :

ROFL talking about the chicken before the egg...threadmined :
"Don't believe everything you read on the internet. Abraham Lincoln"
FTE217 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-01-2007, 01:40 PM   #26
DOC
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Stupid question # 123

Does anyone have a rough idea of what these guys charge and how its structured per level ?

Pete
DOC is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-01-2007, 09:45 PM   #27
DTFRMONT

I take my car one in a while to the carwash guys at Knox, around $50 for a wash, vac & interior clean, they do a pretty good job.
DTFRMONT is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-01-2007, 10:25 PM   #28
zetec
Zoom Zoom

Quote:
Originally Posted by TURBOTAXI
paid between $12 and $30 for this service.

Some great, some average. no damage - thats whats important I guess.
Is that with the girls in bikinis? How often have you visited?

:the_finge