Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 24-01-2007, 09:21 AM   #1
Bud Bud
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Ford U.S. Toyota joint Merger?

Hi Guys I got this yesterday but was too busy to post it. I looked in today and I am surprised that no one else has got wind of this.

This could be the answer for Ford US as they struggle to bail themselves out of the red. Note, they are only proposing to share "technology" at this point.

The article also claims that Toyota is poised to takeover GM as the world no 1 car maker as early as 2007.

23/01/2007 - Toyota Motor Corp is ready to hold discussions with the sputtering US "Big Three" but has not struck any deal with Ford, the Japanese giant's president said in remarks published on Monday.

"We are open to discussions with GM, Ford and DaimlerChrysler if there is any possibility of establishing a win-win relationship," Toyota president Katsuaki Watanabe told the Financial Times.

But he denied that Toyota was poised for a deal with Ford Motor Co.

Toyota's chairman, Fujio Cho, met in Tokyo in December with Ford's chief executive Alan Mulally, feeding speculation about an alliance.

A Japanese press report said the two sides discussed sharing environmentally friendly technology which has proven to be a major hit for Toyota on the North American market.

The tie-up report came after the breakdown of talks between General Motors to enter a three-way alliance with Japan's second biggest automaker Nissan and France's Renault.

Toyota released production figures last month showing it was poised to overtake General Motors as the world's largest automaker in 2007

Bud Bud is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-01-2007, 10:03 PM   #2
MeestaNob!
XR5T - Sea Grey.

What I dont get is why Toyota would WANT to help Ford. If I were them I'd sink the slipper (Ford US deserve it too).
MeestaNob! is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-01-2007, 10:40 PM   #3
uranium_death
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeestaNob!
What I dont get is why Toyota would WANT to help Ford. If I were them I'd sink the slipper (Ford US deserve it too).
Well if Ford Australia get their funding from Ford U.S. then you can kiss the Falcon goodbye.

Toyota are the Nazi Party, Manchester United, Essendon FC, Bayern Munich, Inter Milan and Australian Labor Party of motoring. They're doing so damn well, they won't mind helping out Ford a bit.

Like our good friend Mr Kelly showed, people only eliminate people when they are a threat. Mr Lowndes was a threat. So I think I'll run him off the track. Yay, I am the best. Time to get home and have intercourse with my mule.

Ford U.S. are no threat atm as their sole priority appears to get out of the red.
uranium_death is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-01-2007, 10:48 PM   #4
THORNSPAWN
In the Forced 'lane

Quote:
Originally Posted by uranium_death
Well if Ford Australia get their funding from Ford U.S. then you can kiss the Falcon goodbye.
Ford Australia fund themselves, they need to apply to Ford US to get permission to spend money on projects. Last I heard Ford owe Westpac about $500million probably more now.
THORNSPAWN is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-01-2007, 07:44 PM   #5
vztrt
IWCMOGTVM Club Supporter

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: vztrt is one of the most consistent and respected contributors to AFF, I have found his contributions are most useful to discussion as well as answering members queries. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bud Bud
This could be the answer for Ford US as they struggle to bail themselves out of the red. Note, they are only proposing to share "technology" at this point.
Hope they can share some reliability :togo:
vztrt is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-01-2007, 07:53 PM   #6
Outbackjack
Central to all beach's

Now there's something to look forward to..... A front wheel drive Falcon.... Wooo Hoooo sleep:
Old 25-01-2007, 08:25 PM   #7
S3SR
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

falcon will never leave, the Ford Australia icon deleted HIGHLY DOUBT IT

Ford just need to get their act together about spendings, costs of manufacturing and improving product awareness as well as service.... do i have to fix everything i like?

2002 Ford Falcon AU S3 SR
2006 BF MKI Falcon XR6
2008 Mazda BT50 SDX
2004 BA XR8 ute
2006 AUDI A4 B7
2013 FG II XR6 Ute
2006 Ford Territory TX
2003 Ford Falcon XR8
2009 Territory Turbo Ghia

Current: 2012 Audi A4 B8 2.0T Quattro
S3SR is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-01-2007, 11:52 AM   #8
cupic
Nikon

Toyota/Ford only 1 real winner and that Toyota reign supreme as NO 1 if you cant beat buy em
cupic is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-01-2007, 12:08 PM   #9
Bossxr8
Peter Car

It means they will share or jointly produce, or R&D new technologies. This cuts costs and will benefit both sides. Do you think Toyota will help Ford if theres nothing in it for them.
Bossxr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post