Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 01-02-2007, 05:13 PM   #31
fou_bleu
Get EcoBoosted

Quote:
Originally Posted by trick_xd
You could have saved all this hassle and just crashed into it a little bit .. then they would have to stop and you would have to have a look at the damage and maybe take a pic or 3 .
That sounds like the apropriate thing to do!!!
fou_bleu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2007, 05:48 PM   #32
HLC
Audi S3

the DEsign for Orion would (read SHOULD) have been finalised back in 2005 sometime. so it being a test mule wouldn't be out of the question.

(the design for VE was finalised in late 2002-2003 sometime, so Ford should be working the same)
Old 01-02-2007, 06:12 PM   #33
Allen
You win again, gravity!!!

As promised, here is my crappy camera-phone picture of said mystery car...

I cant really make out a lot from the pic, but when the thing overtook me, it didn't look like a holden, and looked too large for a mitsubishi or toyota... but the shape doesn't look like that of a ford...

Like I said... it was a crappy pic, of an ugly car... :P

SOON TO BE A TRACK CAR
Allen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2007, 06:47 PM   #34
FPV

Quote:
Originally Posted by fairlane_ghia
As promised, here is my crappy camera-phone picture of said mystery car...

I cant really make out a lot from the pic, but when the thing overtook me, it didn't look like a holden, and looked too large for a mitsubishi or toyota... but the shape doesn't look like that of a ford...

Like I said... it was a crappy pic, of an ugly car... :P
Yeah thats the TRD Aurion, can see the twin spot tail lamps on it. The bootlid is high mounted up as well as the addition of the spoiler. The rear window doesnt look like the falcon's either. Good find though, Cars Guide said that the TRD Aurion is undergoing road testing to be revealed mid this year.
FPV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2007, 06:53 PM   #35
Allen
You win again, gravity!!!

Thanks for clarafying that

I was hoping it wasn't Orion... damn ugly IMO :P

SOON TO BE A TRACK CAR
Allen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2007, 07:33 PM   #36
Paxton
Cobblers!

Hate to say I told you so, But I did, twice.

The TRD V6 Camry might have been all right if it was an AWD.
Roses are red. Violets are blue. OS X rocks. Homage to you.
Paxton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2007, 07:42 PM   #37
Ford_Boy
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

how do we know if it was a falcon that it was even a v8? what did it sound like? was it turboed by any chance? the car doesnt seem ugly from the pic because its too well hiddden and the picture isnt of great quality. good find non the less.
Old 01-02-2007, 07:47 PM   #38
paulie0735
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by trick_xd
You could have saved all this hassle and just crashed into it a little bit .. then they would have to stop and you would have to have a look at the damage and maybe take a pic or 3 .
hummmmmm, let me think about that for a while...................... NUH!
paulie0735 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2007, 08:03 PM   #39
paulie0735
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ford_Boy
how do we know if it was a falcon that it was even a v8? what did it sound like? was it turboed by any chance? the car doesnt seem ugly from the pic because its too well hiddden and the picture isnt of great quality. good find non the less.
We (I) don't,………… it passed me doing 'lose ya license speed' on the ring road so didn't get much of a look, by the time my brain caught up with my eyes I was watching the side. the mirrors and tail pipes were about the only things not covered in camo'. It’s a large car and the rear apron and tail pipes were very GTish! I just assumed ford due to the suburb, and with it being sighted again in the same area a few days later begs the question 'why would Toyota be so far from home?' and why hang around ford's back yard? not saying it is or it isn't, just put it up for discussion! I like the 40th anniversary GT theory best…….. seems to fit the profile.
paulie0735 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2007, 08:07 PM   #40
Ford_Boy
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulie0735
We (I) don't,………… it passed me doing 'lose ya license speed' on the ring road so didn't get much of a look, by the time my brain caught up with my eyes I was watching the side. the mirrors and tail pipes were about the only things not covered in camo'. It’s a large car and the rear apron and tail pipes were very GTish! I just assumed ford due to the suburb, and with it being sighted again in the same area a few days later begs the question 'why would Toyota be so far from home?' and why hang around ford's back yard? not saying it is or it isn't, just put it up for discussion! I like the 40th anniversary GT theory best…….. seems to fit the profile.

it would have been great to hear one of them pass by. the 40th edition sounds pretty good. maybe 320kilowatts and 550nm torque with specially made bodykits, and a hero colour only available to the 40th gt