Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 07-02-2007, 06:55 PM   #31
paulie0735
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by brenx
I'm sure if I had a truck the tradie would have moved but intimidation shouldn't be required to get someone to move over to allow faster traffic to pass.
Tradies!! Truckies!! oh god, I can hear the key boards rattling from here with that one!
paulie0735 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2007, 07:00 PM   #32
paulie0735
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRHEMI
Why would then need a hidden tripod, all they have to do is put a speed camera there, does not make sense.........

There are many places to park the car with the speed camera............

And why would the Police Deny it, better to scare people telling them nothing......
truth is if they were fairdinkum they would just park a highway car on the side of the road and everybody would do the limit...... problem solved, oops! No that won't work, I forgot we are a State funded by road revenue arn't we!!
paulie0735 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2007, 07:28 PM   #33
Falcon Coupe
Clevo Mafia Inc.

Does that mean we can fine the government for making us sit in the Monash carpark averaging 0-30kph for the 5 klm section before the road works ?
Falcon Coupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2007, 07:33 PM   #34
Smoked
Burnin Rubber

As a worker for a Sub-Contractor of East Link, I'm glad they might be enforcing the limits. I worked on part of the M1 laying asphalt in November, and the amount of people that ignored the limits and put mine and my work mates lives at risk was terrible. The limits are there to ensure that if an incident does occur, we might be able to walk away, not get crushed by a truck or concrete wall.
***Coming Soon: Clear Side Repeaters***
Quote:
Originally Posted by The-ShowStoPPa
...dont get me wrong this 3.8v6 is pretty special, it does come with the popular shake rattle and roll option and the auto compliments this with the ever popular snap crackle and pop feature
Smoked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2007, 07:41 PM   #35
Green X
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

"My only whinge about roadworks signs is that the limit is 24 hours and the workers are there 8. Many, many times I have been travelling along the Bruce highway where there has been mowing or whatever (not digging holes in road) at 8 at night and the 40 limit signs are there because the lazy bastards don't take them down overnight.
Everyone is doing 100 and if the coppers were there everyone would get pinged."

Yeah I had to deal with this every day in Perth for a year going to work 40km/h at 5:20am what a load of rubbish, the workers don’t even start for 1 ½ hours and even when they do they are working on a railway that is in the middle of the freeway behind crash barriers.

Better yet when the road works are on and they have a 40 or 60km/h zone set up for 3 kilometres and they are only working in 500 meters of that section and even then their are maybe 6 workers in that 500 meter stretch.

Absolute bull

I slow down to 40 when I see the workers up ahead and decrease speed from say 100 to 70- 80 and drive with caution when entering the Road work aria .
Green X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2007, 07:44 PM   #36
Sorted
OzEcruisers PRESIDENT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoked
As a worker for a Sub-Contractor of East Link, I'm glad they might be enforcing the limits. I worked on part of the M1 laying asphalt in November, and the amount of people that ignored the limits and put mine and my work mates lives at risk was terrible. The limits are there to ensure that if an incident does occur, we might be able to walk away, not get crushed by a truck or concrete wall.
Total agreement with above BUT to make you do 40 at 3am in the morning with no workers is a joke............

Tuned by DYNOMOTIVE

200BUX - AFF Drag Nats 2019 EF Wagon
Quote:
Originally Posted by rednose View Post
Common knowledge that the more weight you take out of the car the less power you need to run the time.
Sorted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2007, 08:57 PM   #37
brenx
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falcon Coupe
Does that mean we can fine the government for making us sit in the Monash carpark averaging 0-30kph for the 5 klm section before the road works ?
ehehe. They'd prob want to charge us $10ph for parking

Tuned by Hallam Performance
brenx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2007, 10:53 PM   #38
pauljh74
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

The reason why the limits are ignored is because the restrictions apply to a ridiculously large area.
On the Monash, coming up to Jacksons Rd outbound, the roadwork speed limit applies before you can even see the roadworks, which are about 1 km away. Inbound, I could get on at Jacksons rd, at the end of the roadworks area, driving away from it, yet the roadworks limit applies until I almost reach Wellington rd.

I live in an area, where no matter which road I take (Princes Hwy, Monash Freeway or Cheltenham rd) I hit the Eastlink roadworks where I usually see no workers near the roadway at night, yet am expected to follow the reduced speed limit.
Then there's the surprise lane closures. Go to work, no signs warning of roadworks that day, come home and it's down to 1 lane for 2km on Princes Hwy.
Not bad for a #2 driver
Mark Webber after winning the 2010 British Grand Prix.
pauljh74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2007, 10:59 PM   #39
brenx
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by pauljh74
The reason why the limits are ignored is because the restrictions apply to a ridiculously large area.
On the Monash, coming up to Jacksons Rd outbound, the roadwork speed limit applies before you can even see the roadworks, which are about 1 km away. Inbound, I could get on at Jacksons rd, at the end of the roadworks area, driving away from it, yet the roadworks limit applies until I almost reach Wellington rd.

I live in an area, where no matter which road I take (Princes Hwy, Monash Freeway or Cheltenham rd) I hit the Eastlink roadworks where I usually see no workers near the roadway at night, yet am expected to follow the reduced speed limit.
Then there's the surprise lane closures. Go to work, no signs warning of roadworks that day, come home and it's down to 1 lane for 2km on Princes Hwy.
You got to love that. Just over 2 weeks ago they closed the Princess hwy and Heatherton Rd. They were supposed to complete the ramp. Well 3 days passed and no ramp completion :( Then they close it again last w/e for the same thing. The finally did some work on the ramp but still not completed. I'm gald they're screwing around on my weekend off as it's a ***** to get to work otherwise.

Tuned by Hallam Performance
brenx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2007, 09:12 AM   #40
Stevo
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Oh boy.. That stretch of the road ******* annoys me like no other. I always do the speed limit through the road works, and i swear i am close to the only one.
Several times i have had to speed up, otherwise i would just get run up the bum.
I watch people glance over at the road works sign, then look at the speed sign, then continue or accelerate away.

I hope they bust every single one of them!