Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 10-02-2007, 12:59 PM   #61
Bluehoon
Hoon On The Rise

cultural underpinings and mindsets are at play here, the yanks can't admint something from down under is better and they need it... it's ego...

I see something similar with Ford happening too. How long has Ford US being trying to shut Australia down? Too long, Tom is winning...

Orion will export for so long, then it will be built over there and the flip side is won...

My advice, get a BF and keep it, it will be the model before the nail is in the coffin....
Sad but true.

Cheers

FGX-XR8 Manual, BFII E-Gas, '11 GSXR 1000 - Love 'em!
FPV Tickford Club of NSW - www.fpvclub.com
Bluehoon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2007, 03:11 PM   #62
Bossxr8
Peter Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluehoon
cultural underpinings and mindsets are at play here, the yanks can't admint something from down under is better and they need it... it's ego...

I see something similar with Ford happening too. How long has Ford US being trying to shut Australia down? Too long, Tom is winning...

Orion will export for so long, then it will be built over there and the flip side is won...

My advice, get a BF and keep it, it will be the model before the nail is in the coffin....
Sad but true.

Cheers
No, not true. Ford don't want to sell in the US. They don't have the capacity, and Ford US wouldn't let them cannibalise their cars either. They want to sell in the Middle East and Asia and are actively seeking these markets. If they can find a good sized export market market it will secure their future for years to come. They know its there only hope of long term survival.
Bossxr8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2007, 03:20 PM   #63
Bluehoon
Hoon On The Rise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bossxr8
No, not true. Ford don't want to sell in the US. They don't have the capacity, and Ford US wouldn't let them cannibalise their cars either. They want to sell in the Middle East and Asia and are actively seeking these markets. If they can find a good sized export market market it will secure their future for years to come. They know its there only hope of long term survival.

That is exactly my point. Underpinning from the US is the issue. Hence the aspac euro approach. However I see them trying to see what happens. Ultimately th Gm Ford rival with aussie cars in the US is about the best thing that could happen.

FGX-XR8 Manual, BFII E-Gas, '11 GSXR 1000 - Love 'em!
FPV Tickford Club of NSW - www.fpvclub.com
Bluehoon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2007, 06:29 PM   #64
RPO83
ĕm-bär'gō? 2016

As Bossxr8 said, Ford Australia are busy working on an export deal for the Asia/Pacific region and not wasting their time on trying to slot the Falcon somewhere in the US Ford line-up.

Why do you think Ford want to shut down FoA bluehoon?
RPO83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2007, 09:05 PM   #65
JPDyno

even being a holden guy, I reckon it would be SWEET if ford Aus started exporting to the US. Get a few good Aussie cars over there (Monaro, Commodore, Falcon, Territory...as much as we ***** about eachother they are ALL great cars that hold their own) and show the yanks how to build -REAL- cars.

I always loved the idea i read in a magazine article once when BA first hit the streets, saying the falcon would be the perfect replacement for ford crown victoria cop cars in the US

makes me feel all warm and fuzzy thinking maybe one day some other countrys will look upon aussie cars in a similar way we look upon european ones
JPDyno is offline   Reply With Quote