Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 11-02-2007, 09:27 PM   #31
HLC
Audi S3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green X
********* syndrome
is that a technical term?
Old 12-02-2007, 05:12 AM   #32
SXCXR6
Banned

Im gonna go the oppsite on this for a second if i may to the most mature aged people of all! OLD people in my experience these are the deadly silent killers that dont make the news theyve almost cleaned me up 10 times and counting! Im a fully licensed driver and have never had a bad run in with a p plater yet maybe its just adelaide but the old people seem to have it out for me.
SXCXR6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-02-2007, 10:49 AM   #33
uranium_death
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I will say that for every 10 Commodore hoons I see where I live, there would be about 4 Ford hoons. Toranas also rate.

It's sad but as I said, education will do nothing. There is enough education.

Victoria and Steve Bracks should remove their skirts, stop being so ****weak on sentencing/punishment and hit them where it hurts. If you're caught hooning a first time, you lose the car for a month.
If caught a second time, you lose the car forever. The car is sold and the proceeds are donated to the TAC to help cover the cost of looking after people who were involved in road trauma. You also lose your license for a year.

Maybe when Victoria gets tough, irresponsible drivers might actually learn that other people use the road and they have a right to be safe on the road.
uranium_death is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-02-2007, 10:59 AM   #34
robs_ls1

Quote:
Originally Posted by v8motormouth
I live on a corner, and every month without fail, there is 1 or 2 hoons that pop their tyres on the silent copper!!! btw, you can hear them a mile away!!
Silent copper? Please elaborate. I'd love to have some of this tyre popping stuff outside my house. Would get quite a few.
robs_ls1 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-02-2007, 11:06 AM   #35
Bax
Projecting

I come into this thread thinking - great another idiots done something stupid.

I leave this thread thinking 50 or so people have missed the point entirely and just felt like bagging out Holdens.
Bax is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-02-2007, 11:06 AM   #36
sleepa
Ghia all the way

Quote:
Originally Posted by SXCXR6
Im gonna go the oppsite on this for a second if i may to the most mature aged people of all! OLD people in my experience these are the deadly silent killers that dont make the news theyve almost cleaned me up 10 times and counting! Im a fully licensed driver and have never had a bad run in with a p plater yet maybe its just adelaide but the old people seem to have it out for me.
I reckon you're right. Most of my near misses are with old blokes in Camrys who have been led to believe that the speedo is the only thing you need to pay attention to in a vehicle. I'd say young hoons are probably responsible for around 10% of the stupidity I see on the roads.
sleepa is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-02-2007, 11:17 AM   #37
needaXYGT
AU II XR8

its something to do with commodore fans. last nite i was at lights in EA, and then this guy is fully sik HSV pulls up. i didnt even look at him and he boots it?
needaXYGT is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-02-2007, 11:31 AM   #38
GXL078
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by robs_ls1
Silent copper? Please elaborate. I'd love to have some of this tyre popping stuff outside my house. Would get quite a few.
Its a type of traffic dome. Stops you cutting the corner.
GXL078 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-02-2007, 02:37 PM   #39
xe351
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by uranium_death
I will say that for every 10 Commodore hoons I see where I live, there would be about 4 Ford hoons. Toranas also rate.

It's sad but as I said, education will do nothing. There is enough education.

Victoria and Steve Bracks should remove their skirts, stop being so ****weak on sentencing/punishment and hit them where it hurts. If you're caught hooning a first time, you lose the car for a month.
If caught a second time, you lose the car forever. The car is sold and the proceeds are donated to the TAC to help cover the cost of looking after people who were involved in road trauma. You also lose your license for a year.

Maybe when Victoria gets tough, irresponsible drivers might actually learn that other people use the road and they have a right to be safe on the road.
while i agree on the most part, do you think that taking 'hoon cars' will solve the problem? there needs to strict guidelines on hooning itself, because someone can get done for hooning by simply a small accidental screech taking off from the lights. Around here (mildura) most of the dangerous driving is done by people who dont hoon. eg pulling out in front, dont indicate, on the phone, not giving way etc etc
xe351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-02-2007, 02:58 PM   #40
holmsy
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by needaXYGT
its something to do with commodore fans. last nite i was at lights in EA, and then this guy is fully sik HSV pulls up. i didnt even look at him and he boots it?
thats not necessarily a tool wanting to race. i do the same thing mainly beacause i like the power.
secondly beacause i prefer driving either way behind or way in front of the group as i don't have to worry about stuff happening.

sure if someone decides to try and beat me its in good fun but i dont intend it to happen.
and its not like im spinning the wheels or being dangerous.
holmsy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-02-2007, 04:10 PM   #41
paulie0735
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech article(s) 

I work in an industrial estate that for years was a favorite haunt for the tyre smoke addicts. Thursday nights would result in a black road come Friday morning, hardly a grey patch in sight. Commo's out numbered everything else 10 to one. I used to leave late on a Thursday and they would all be lined up both sides of the street. The V8 commos' just seem to attract moron's more than any other brand. I'm not saying everybody who drives a commo is a moron, and I'm not saying every moron drives a commo. What I'm saying is the V8 commo is the weapon of choice for the majority of moron's. A POS VN SS can be had for peanuts and comes standard with all the necessities for a night of tyre shredding idiocy. They even drive em around with the “look at me, I do burn outs” stock steel wheels on the back!
paulie0735 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-02-2007, 04:14 PM   #42
mrnsx
Crash test pilot

loss of licence will usualy fix that problem
mrnsx is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-02-2007, 05:56 PM   #43
jaskel
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

should have stoned it!
jaskel is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-02-2007, 06:48 PM   #44
Green X
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

"YOu should have videoed him and put it on You Tube."

Mate doesn’t see the point, wouldn’t change a thing, and would just make him famous.

Hoon laws are all well and good but it will only affect the people who give chit, and mostly the people who will be done aren’t the ones who are the big problem out on the road.

I don’t necessarily think this Guy should been done for hooning, I think he should be
Breathalysed and done for DD and crating excessive and undue noise.

Hoon laws should target the people participating in Road drag racing
Tyre shredding burnouts
Stupid speeds on public roads
Ect

Hell I went around a roundabout on a disserted street in the T the other night and gave it a bit of gas as I exited didn’t go over 3000Rpm and the Traction control came on and I heard the tyres screeching now a cop could have done me for Hooning if he felt like it>

And what would have that achieved nothing, ****ed me off, Punished me for doing absolutely bugger all wrong, convinced me even more that most Laws end up punishing the wrong people.

Then the next time I am driving down the freeway at 1am and a car flies past at 170km/h you think Ok now where are the cop’s.

Tough Hoon Laws are Good, but they need to be used only to deal with real Hoons IMO.
Green X is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-02-2007, 11:32 PM   #45
paulie0735
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech article(s) 

There has been a road law called 'dangerous driving' for as long as there has been laws. the hoon laws are only inforced to get repeat ofenders off the road or to attempt to make them think about it before they dump the clutch and send their $15 second hand imported tyres up in smoke. I can assure you, you're not gunna get done for a bit of tyre noise going around a round-about unless they are sick of you doing it and want to make you think twice about it!
paulie0735 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post