Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 07-02-2007, 02:21 PM   #91
FPVTurboTaxi

Quote:
My biggest crack up was 2 weeks ago My biggest crack up was 2 weeks ago
Rang a dealer that had a TOXIC f6 advertised .... it was sold when i rang up ...!!! but sir i have another f6's in stock

so out we go ... check book in tow ready to buy it . i just happen to say would it be possible to get a toxic in to the salesman . soory mate we havent seen a toxic in 6 months , i dont even think that colours available ... THIS IS THE CAR THEY SOLD THE DAY BEFORE !! the misses and i just looked at each other and got up and walked out
so the next week for a laugh i ring again re the toxic f6 advertised .. guess what they sold another toxic this week , yesterday actually
its still for sale

and guess what when i rang
its been sold again ..

For Sale QLD Number Plates 06-XRF $550 PM me
FPVTurboTaxi is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-02-2007, 05:34 PM   #92
maxford

Quote:
Originally Posted by henry_ford
Hey to all on the Forums. I have been a reader of the posts for some time now and decided to finally register and be more active. I am a Car Salesman and have been for 9 years. i enjoy my job very much but there is a "reputation" that goes with the job. I must admit that i sell new Fords not used cars so its not as bad... chuckle. anyway i really wanted to know of any stories bad or good that you have had in a dealership, always fun to read them.
i have plenty.. lol. i dont know if i should own up to all of them though.
any way this should be fun..

John
For some reason, all people in sales have bad reputation. I actually had more bad experiences when buying a vacuum cleaner then a car.

maxford is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-02-2007, 05:44 PM   #93
Dr Smith
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxford
For some reason, all people in sales have bad reputation. I actually had more bad experiences when buying a vacuum cleaner then a car.

Vacuum salespeople always suck....sorry
Dr Smith is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-02-2007, 12:45 PM   #94
X000BOSS
I12 GO FASTER

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Smith
Vacuum salespeople always suck....sorry

yeah! one of them sucks harder than a hoover.
Old 13-02-2007, 12:50 PM   #95
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: DASH/bfiipursuit has been alot of help over the years I have frequented this forum, lots of thoughtful and informed posts, very much a valued contributor. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by schmidty
Manual XR6 (leather and 18's) and SV6 (with leather and curtain air bags) came in at 47k on road

Manual XR6T (with leather and 18's) and SS Came in at 53k on road (leather luxury pack includes curtain airbags) Only diff between sv6 and ss is engine, rear spoiler is 30mm higher, and quad pipes for ss and twin for sv6

And the liberty 3.0R wagon was around the same as the SS and Xr6t

So i really only compared 2 models from ford and holden within 5k of each other, and my best mate drives a new Liberty 3.0R Spec B wagon and thats one hell of a nice car so the wife wanted to look into that as well.

Trying to weigh up, as much as i want one, weather or not to get an SS/Xr6t because monday to friday she drives to work in melb - about a 250km round trip each day so fuel economy is a consideration. As is the increased rego, insurance and servicing. It'll do 1500 + km per week.

The Navara was to possibly be an upgrade for my ute, made a brief enquiry on a hilux too, but the equivalent to the navara was 10k more. So didnt even bother with a brochure on that one!
Mate those prices you have quoted above are ratshit, theres huge discounts on XR6 Turbos ate the moment, i think you could get a turbo for 39000 drive away, BFII late 06 build.
Smoke Pursuit is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post