Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 16-02-2007, 10:46 PM   #31
naddis01
\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAMS290
The new Caprice is awesome Mark.......black.....tint windows...lowered,,,,,19's or 20's ....pure horn !
Thats what I am talking about. Ford need a car that has this type of reaction. If they could produce a car that gets people excited about them, then they might be able to get the LWB cars back to their former glory.
naddis01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-02-2007, 11:26 PM   #32
aussiblue
FG XR6 Ute & Sedan
Donating Member3

: Arrrghhh!!! So now what do long legged people like me aspire to?
Old 16-02-2007, 11:41 PM   #33
BOF Cross8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mongoose10
Why dont they go back and do what they used to do with the LTD's and make them TOTALLY different from the falcon's, such as in the P5-P6 LTD's right up to the AU (excluding the DF - DL LTD's) and bringing back the old 351 GT engine wouldnt kill them

Your sign reads, Living in the 70's!

Bring back the only 351 GT engine!!!

If you seriously think they should bring that engine back you are seriously 30's years out of date.
BOF Cross8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-02-2007, 11:59 PM   #34
LUXO_8
windsor user

i think his point was to fit the hot version of the current lineups engines( ie, LTD should have a boss 260 )
LUXO_8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-02-2007, 12:02 AM   #35
needaXYGT
AU II XR8

perhaps a limited edition luxuary sedan or built to order? but that may cost more dollars on the production line?
needaXYGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-02-2007, 12:06 AM   #36
Professor Farnsworth
Fossil fuel consumer

Location: Mod For: Pub, Bar, Sales Yard, Show 'N Shine, Photoshop, AU to BF, FG to FGX, Territory & Sports Bar

Quote:
Originally Posted by MADNC_8
i think his point was to fit the hot version of the current lineups engines( ie, LTD should have a boss 260 )
it'd need an xr8 bonnet in that event!
Professor Farnsworth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-02-2007, 12:11 AM   #37
LUXO_8
windsor user

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrcrackers
it'd need an xr8 bonnet in that event!
the issue with that would be???
Old 17-02-2007, 12:23 AM   #38
Professor Farnsworth
Fossil fuel consumer

Location: Mod For: Pub, Bar, Sales Yard, Show 'N Shine, Photoshop, AU to BF, FG to FGX, Territory & Sports Bar

Quote:
Originally Posted by MADNC_8
the issue with that would be???
no issue at all, purely an observation!
Professor Farnsworth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-02-2007, 12:34 AM   #39
LeadFoot81
_Oo===oO_

Maybe Ford are going to rest the Fairlanes, and if in the future they do get an export deal, they can engineer one using the (confirmed) Orion wagon platform.
LeadFoot81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-02-2007, 12:43 AM   #40
Kryton

lets see why they dont sell Fairlanes and LTDS much anymore:
1) price.
2) base model V8 instead of at least an XR8 engine.
3) no turbo option
4) they look basically the same as all other models.
5) no real other features that 'lesser' cars have.
6) no FPV involvement.
7) no export.
8) a Fairmont Ghia is the same but shorter and cheaper....make the LWB more desirable.
Kryton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-02-2007, 12:55 AM   #41
LUXO_8
windsor user

fairlanes and LTD's could be fixed easily....for minimal cost

outside

headlights
use the current BF2 headlights, fit HID projectors to them, strip LED along the bottom for parkers

tail lights
keep the current tail lights, fitting a seccond indicator into them (where the reverse lamp is), put a garnish back in the boot......with another tail lamp each side and reverse lamps
the garnish defines the fairlane / LTD's in my opinion

fit the damn Boss 260 to the damn things (make it an option at least)

new bonnet mixing BF2 bonnet with teh XR bulge for the boss engine fitment

new LWB only front bar... give the car a new longer look without needing new guards

soft feel dash and console(ala AU Fairmont dash) - just gives that bit more classy feel to the car
Old 17-02-2007, 06:59 AM   #42
ltd
Force Fed Fords

I love my LWB cars, could never own a Fairmont Ghia, as they are too small in the rear especially with clients. To me the LWB represents the perennial "would you like an upsize sir?"; a little more for a little more. I hope should ford replace these cars they do get the town car, Then I can stay within the brand. I'm still a little too reluctant to take ownership of a Holden again, but then again I suppose having to take Holden to court for a refund would leave that sour taste in anyone’s mouth. The caprice looks nice, but the style hasn't grown on me yet and the interior is not as nice as you would expect. Miles of cheap plastic and some ugly plastic where there is traditionally wood don't convey an image of luxury, the ICC is a bit of a step back from falcon and the gearbox is woeful. Seats aren't bad although for some reason I expected better, engine is great. Fit and finish is better than before however Ford have gotten better as well. Furthermore, I can live with a Ford and not have any pretensions about it, Caprice calls out Bogan limo for some reason, as it is the most desired luxury car amongst the Bogan crowd. Not meaning to offend anyone here but really, I love cars that not everyone has or wants. I love people getting into my car and asking what it is with platitudes of "this is nice" and "this is so comfortable".
Back on topic, hopefully ford will not kill of the LWB segment and should they cease manufacturing in Oz they import the big, 5.5 metre american.

Quote: