Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 18-04-2005, 09:29 PM   #1
trick_xd
I build your wish list...

Default Cheaper Petrol

I Got This Tonight From A M8 Who Is A Lawyer .. It Dose Make Sence...

WANT CHEAPER PETROL
JUST FOLLOW THE FOLLOWING INSTRUCTIONS

Petrol prices - worth thinking about!

I called the number on the bottom of the email, and it is for real. This initiative does come from Barry Minster, worth calling and chatting to him if you need reassurance.

Apparently we are going to hit close to $1.35 a litre by the winter. If this happens the prices will flow on down to the price of every thing we buy! Want petrol prices to come down? We need to take some intelligent, united action. Philip Hollsworth, offered this good idea.

This makes MUCH MORE SENSE than the "don't buy petrol on a certain "day" campaign that was going around last April or May! The oil companies just laughed at that because they knew we wouldn't continue to "hurt ourselves" by refusing to buy petrol. It was more of an inconvenience to us than it was a problem for them. BUT, whoever thought of this idea, has come up with a plan that can really work.

Now that the oil companies and the OPEC nations have conditioned us to think that the cost of a litre is CHEAP at .89 / .95 cents, we need to

take aggressive action to teach them that BUYERS control the marketplace not sellers. With the price of petrol going up more each day, we consumers need to take action. The only way we are going to see the price of petrol come down is if we hit someone in the pocket by not purchasing their

Petrol!

And we can do that WITHOUT hurting ourselves.

Here's the idea:

For the rest of this year, DON'T purchase ANY petrol from the two biggest oil companies (which now are: BP and Mobil). If they are not selling any petrol, they will be inclined to reduce their prices. If they reduce their prices, the other companies will have to follow suit. But to have an

impact, we need to reach literally millions of BP petrol buyers. It's really simple to do!!

Now, don't wimp out on me at this point...keep reading and I'll explain how simple it is to reach millions of people!! I am sending this note to a lot of people. If each of you send it to at least ten more (30 x 10 = 300) ...and those 300 send it to at least ten more (300 x 10 = 3,000)...

and so on, by the time the message reaches the sixth generation of people, we will have reached over THREE MILLION consumers!

Again, all you have to do is send this to 10 people. That's all. (and not buy at BP and Mobil) How long would all that take? If each of us sends this email out to ten more people within one day of receipt, all 300 MILLION people could conceivably be contacted within the next 8 days!!! I'll bet you didn't think you and I had that much potential, did you! Acting together we can make a difference. If this makes sense to you, please pass this message on.

PLEASE HOLD OUT UNTIL THEY LOWER THEIR PRICES TO THE 80 cents a LITRE RANGE.

It's easy to make this happen. Just forward this email, and buy your petrol at Shell, Caltex, GAS. or Gull Outlets and drive past BP and MOBIL Stations.

Barry Minster State President Ex Service, Service & Veterans Party www.esvp.asn.au 13 Ermington Place Kew 3101

Telephone: 03 9816 9713
===============================

Well I Think Its Worth A Go
What Do You Guys/Girls Think
Old 18-04-2005, 09:49 PM   #2
Yaw
Ford Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by trick_xd
I Got This Tonight From A M8 Who Is A Lawyer .. It Dose Make Sence...

WANT CHEAPER PETROL
JUST FOLLOW THE FOLLOWING INSTRUCTIONS

Petrol prices - worth thinking about!

I called the number on the bottom of the email, and it is for real. This initiative does come from Barry Minster, worth calling and chatting to him if you need reassurance.

Apparently we are going to hit close to $1.35 a litre by the winter. If this happens the prices will flow on down to the price of every thing we buy! Want petrol prices to come down? We need to take some intelligent, united action. Philip Hollsworth, offered this good idea.

This makes MUCH MORE SENSE than the "don't buy petrol on a certain "day" campaign that was going around last April or May! The oil companies just laughed at that because they knew we wouldn't continue to "hurt ourselves" by refusing to buy petrol. It was more of an inconvenience to us than it was a problem for them. BUT, whoever thought of this idea, has come up with a plan that can really work.

Now that the oil companies and the OPEC nations have conditioned us to think that the cost of a litre is CHEAP at .89 / .95 cents, we need to

take aggressive action to teach them that BUYERS control the marketplace not sellers. With the price of petrol going up more each day, we consumers need to take action. The only way we are going to see the price of petrol come down is if we hit someone in the pocket by not purchasing their

Petrol!

And we can do that WITHOUT hurting ourselves.

Here's the idea:

For the rest of this year, DON'T purchase ANY petrol from the two biggest oil companies (which now are: BP and Mobil). If they are not selling any petrol, they will be inclined to reduce their prices. If they reduce their prices, the other companies will have to follow suit. But to have an

impact, we need to reach literally millions of BP petrol buyers. It's really simple to do!!

Now, don't wimp out on me at this point...keep reading and I'll explain how simple it is to reach millions of people!! I am sending this note to a lot of people. If each of you send it to at least ten more (30 x 10 = 300) ...and those 300 send it to at least ten more (300 x 10 = 3,000)...

and so on, by the time the message reaches the sixth generation of people, we will have reached over THREE MILLION consumers!

Again, all you have to do is send this to 10 people. That's all. (and not buy at BP and Mobil) How long would all that take? If each of us sends this email out to ten more people within one day of receipt, all 300 MILLION people could conceivably be contacted within the next 8 days!!! I'll bet you didn't think you and I had that much potential, did you! Acting together we can make a difference. If this makes sense to you, please pass this message on.

PLEASE HOLD OUT UNTIL THEY LOWER THEIR PRICES TO THE 80 cents a LITRE RANGE.

It's easy to make this happen. Just forward this email, and buy your petrol at Shell, Caltex, GAS. or Gull Outlets and drive past BP and MOBIL Stations.

Barry Minster State President Ex Service, Service & Veterans Party www.esvp.asn.au 13 Ermington Place Kew 3101

Telephone: 03 9816 9713
===============================

Well I Think Its Worth A Go
What Do You Guys/Girls Think

Mobil is pulling out of Australia, next big thing Caltex Ampol are australia's largest market share company. BP is already hurting due to missing out on a major grocery chain support. that is Woolworths/Caltex, and Shell/Coles.
Whilst grocery stores are involved with the "discount" coupons this plan will not and cannot work. As for last years campaign. I recall my boss said thats fine, we will just Lower our price that day (which he did) and put it up for the next week. Mate there is only one true thing that will break oil companies backs. Hybrid Cars. Like it or not, thats the way it will go.

Last edited by Yaw; 18-04-2005 at 09:51 PM.
Yaw is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-04-2005, 09:50 PM   #3
needturbo6
ooga-lagga-ligga-lagga

very interesting, i will be sending that out to a few people!!

only thing is BP are the only 98 octane suppliers in WA, but i will just have to do with vortex...
needturbo6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-04-2005, 09:57 PM   #4
Dodge
i like to be stroked

it doesnt matter, if the government make less tax of oil/ fuel they will put up the tax on something else. i just put up my rate to compensate for the 3% rise in living cost and the 15% in fuel costs, i do 2 tanks a week in my work truck and 1 tank in the mustang in 1 evening.
i vote we all dont buy fuel for a week see if that hurts anyone but ourselves
Old 18-04-2005, 09:58 PM   #5
Psycho Chicken
Banned

That works in theory, but so does communism.

Petrol companies only make a couple of cents a litre profit, most of it goes to the government anyway.
Psycho Chicken is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-04-2005, 10:02 PM   #6
Yaw
Ford Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psycho Chicken
That works in theory, but so does communism.

Petrol companies only make a couple of cents a litre profit, most of it goes to the government anyway.
Mate this is totally off the subject but I want you to bring back the P.E. Teacher
Old 18-04-2005, 10:09 PM   #7
Damo
Banned

yeah that avatar own3d!
Damo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-04-2005, 10:17 PM   #8
xdc351
X-Series Club Moderator

Guys, this is a HOAX email that is simply trying to get you to forward it to people. Same as the ones that proclaim you'll have bad luck if you don't forward them.

Fact is the excise and taxes is what makes our fuel so high. If your really interested in lowering petrol prices start lobbying your local member at both state and federal levels.

Although there is a small amount of fact in that message, if either the taxes on fuel were reduced or we starting paying for locally sourced oil at *cost* price instead of OPEC prices our fuel would be at least 30cpl cheaper overnight.
xdc351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-04-2005, 10:20 PM   #9
Psycho Chicken
Banned

Perhaps if they stopped making us pay GST on fuel exise.....
Old 18-04-2005, 10:24 PM   #10
Kryton

good theory, bad reality. oil has already dropped 12% since its 'peak' anyway. the run on affect takes 7-10 days to get to the consumer which is why petrol has come down a little in the last day or so anyway (diesel has dropped 4cp/l in the last 2 days in warrny if you hadnt noticed). it will drop further over the next few weeks. it WONT hit $1.35p/l either by winter. also the last i heard they have agreed to beef up production by another 500,000 barrels which will also bring prices down further.
AKAIC the petrol price rise hype is just that. its hit its peak and broke its own record, now its on its way down. all these analists (sp?) who fear the worst, and try and make everyone else believe it, arent making the market any better for anyone either.
Kryton is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-04-2005, 10:26 PM   #11
MadManz

ROFL, its a chain letter, like pass this on to 10 people and you will become rich!!!

um, have you seen the figures, you wanna drop petrol prices, get the pollies to take a pay cut and half the tax!!! there is a fix
  Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-04-2005, 10:27 PM   #12
MAD
Petro-sexual

Even if they just lowered the excise and left the GST on it, even tho that is so wrong in so many ways...a tax on a tax....
They could lower the excise to bring the profit down to level that they were used to from a few years back, or something along those lines.
Old 18-04-2005, 10:35 PM   #13
Psycho Chicken
Banned

Queenslanders have got it set, if only the other states could do that...

It's great how a drop in price takes a week to get to the pumps, yet a raise in prices goes through the next day.
Old 19-04-2005, 06:42 AM   #14
Dodge
i like to be stroked

next day??? as soon as a wisper is out BOOM up the prices, im buying a jerry can and 1 mtr of 3/4 hose, i will do my own taxing
Old 19-04-2005, 07:36 AM   #15
LTDHO
The one and only

Quote:
Originally Posted by xdc351
Guys, this is a HOAX email that is simply trying to get you to forward it to people. Same as the ones that proclaim you'll have bad luck if you don't forward them.

Fact is the excise and taxes is what makes our fuel so high. If your really interested in lowering petrol prices start lobbying your local member at both state and federal levels.

Although there is a small amount of fact in that message, if either the taxes on fuel were reduced or we starting paying for locally sourced oil at *cost* price instead of OPEC prices our fuel would be at least 30cpl cheaper overnight.
I can't believe this is back.
This comes out every 6 months or so and get shot down, it will not work. There are too many cars that need petrol to run business. Also too many people rely on their cars!

This will never happen
Other cars include Dynamic ED Sprint, Dynamic DL LTD, Sparkling Burgundy DL LTD, Yellow, Red & Blue XB sedan & Black XB Coupe
LTDHO is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-04-2005, 08:04 AM   #16
TRBOETR
Huge Fatty

All good points guys. Does anyone know how much the tax is on petrol? it was like 75% when the prices were just hitting 80 cpl! aAnd that was before GST too. Does anyone know what the current tax is these days? I dont think not buying petrol from the bigger outlets would solve this problem, as most people are saying, its the greedy politicians!!
TRBOETR is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-04-2005, 01:28 PM   #17
mcflux
Banned
Donating Member1

Quote:
Originally Posted by trick_xd

Here's the idea:

I think this idea was made up by a Caltex, Shell, Ampol or other major company honcho...
mcflux is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-04-2005, 02:55 PM   #18
MotherNatureVer2
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I realise its only a hoax but it still wouldnt help me .........

I currently $1.19/ltr for normal unleaded fuel ..... closest to have premium is about 70k's away .......

The most I have paid was $1.24 a few weeks back ............ We only have Shell servos nearby... so the theory goes out the window again :P

There needs to be something done about fuel prices .......... Can I ask one thing though ..... when you city slickers are paying what you think are high prices... Just think of us in the Bush ............. we are paying about 10-15cents a litre more :(
MotherNatureVer2 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-04-2005, 03:26 PM   #19
Feathers
Lucifer's Angel

I got this email Last year. It's nothing new. It does not work.
Blueprint, manual, 4490's, Redback 2.5" dual exhaust, BA Typhoon rims, tint, fog light covers, BF tailights, blue illuminated window switches, Ghia bootlid carpet, lower grille, FPV door spears, steering wheel & interior bits, XR6T + F6 intake, K&N filter, Typhoon spoiler, tuned, sway bars, custom angel eyes & plates..YUM!

If there's one thing guys in Holdens hate more than being beaten by a Ford...
It's being beaten by a girl driving a Ford
Feathers is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-04-2005, 08:24 PM   #20
xbcoupe302
formerly xbwgn

At the end off the day everything is gonna go up because diesel is getting dearer which means everything u buy at the shops goes up cos most of it gets there by trucks.

So they r gonna start putting theres prices up for delivery to make up the difference.

weekend driver XB COUPE

daily driver ZH FAIRLANE

project cars V8 XB WAGON
V8 WINDSOR POWERED BLUEBIRD WAGON

wrecking v8 XD WAGON
xbcoupe302 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-04-2005, 12:20 PM   #21
XRQTOR
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by MotherNature
I realise its only a hoax but it still wouldnt help me .........

I currently $1.19/ltr for normal unleaded fuel ..... closest to have premium is about 70k's away .......

The most I have paid was $1.24 a few weeks back ............ We only have Shell servos nearby... so the theory goes out the window again :P

There needs to be something done about fuel prices .......... Can I ask one thing though ..... when you city slickers are paying what you think are high prices... Just think of us in the Bush ............. we are paying about 10-15cents a litre more :(
Not our fault you live with Skippy :P . I paid $1.27 a litre the other day so it comes and goes.
XRQTOR is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-04-2005, 12:36 PM   #22
TheSneakiness
Adapt or perish...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psycho Chicken
Queenslanders have got it set, if only the other states could do that...
What have we got set? That we pay lower prices for fuel in exchange for higher rego costs? (That's how I understand it)