Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 19-03-2007, 11:59 PM   #1
DoreSlamR
Fiat POWAAH!

Default DYING TO DRIVE - Insight SBS Tuesday night

Just saw an ad for the latest episode of Insight, for those who haven't seen it, it presents a forum of discussion on current topics. Tuesdays is focusing on young drivers dying on the roads.
Their website here

should be very interesting to watch.

DoreSlamR is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-03-2007, 09:36 AM   #2
Fairlane
V8 Powaah

Another P Plate lynch mob.

Oh Goodie

XF S pack Sedan- AU 302 Windsor, T5, 2.77 LSD, Many Mods
Fairlane is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-03-2007, 09:46 AM   #3
fiery
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Presenter Jenny Brockie will be joined in the studio by people who've been touched in a very personal way by the issue - from a teenager who recently gave the eulogy at his best mate's funeral; to a woman whose two sons' lives were lost when speeding just minutes from home.
At least they are intending on having people personally affected which means it won't be a complete 'lynch mob' (hopefully anyway)!!
fiery is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-03-2007, 09:53 AM   #4
robs_ls1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fairlane

Oh Goodie
If P platers actually did something to try to lose their bad reputation, I'd sympathise with your attitude.

As it stands, I don't.

That said, it's a part of growing up. We all go through it. Every 18 year old thinks they're invinceable. That's life.

FWIW, Insight is a pretty good show, and this will probably be worth watching.
robs_ls1 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-03-2007, 10:23 AM   #5
Keepleft
Mot Adv-NSW

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiery
At least they are intending on having people personally affected which means it won't be a complete 'lynch mob' (hopefully anyway)!!
EVERY 'safety forum' I attend on this topic, nearly always has a young person 'touched' by a road tragedy or a mother father figure who relate their sad experiences.

The audience, if it is more a community event will have young people. They listen and learn that a car crash can be a serious thing, and the big scary grainy photographs showing deceased person/s in a car or near it, often send young women in particular outside to emotionally recover.

More borish over the top shock tactics.

As one young lady asked me at one such NSW Central Coast event; 'I came here to learn something that I can put to practical excuse on the road, all I get were these pictures'.

Gave her a few defensive driver tips and 'why' they apply.

We are not serious as I'd like to be about the road toll, and really do need to start going in other directions. The driver traiing component is improving, but it will take another decade to see real improvement/adjustment.
ORDER FORD AUSTRALIA PART NO: AM6U7J19G329AA. This is a European-UN/AS3790B Spec safety-warning triangle used to give advanced warning to approaching traffic of a vehicle breakdown, or crash scene (to prevent secondary). Stow in the boot area. See your Ford dealer for this $35.95 safety item & when you buy a new Ford, please insist on it! See Page 83, part 4.4.1 http://www.transport.wa.gov.au/media...eSafePart4.pdf
Keepleft is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-03-2007, 11:25 AM   #6
vztrt
IWCMOGTVM Club Supporter

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: vztrt is one of the most consistent and respected contributors to AFF, I have found his contributions are most useful to discussion as well as answering members queries. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by robs_ls1

FWIW, Insight is a pretty good show, and this will probably be worth watching.
Insights a great show, actually tries to portay both sides and tries to be unbias. It's a show that makes everyone angry!!
vztrt is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-03-2007, 04:22 PM   #7
Mongoose
Can't go around corners

I love insight, its the best, especially when people get angry and start arguing and that lady has to scream to stop them. Its funny.
Mongoose is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-03-2007, 04:32 PM   #8
Fordman1
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fairlane

Oh Goodie
Hopefully they quote stats, and have some subject matter experts to give us the facts.

I agree with robs_ls's comments above.

P-Platers need to lose 'that' reputation. I was a P plater once too, so I know what the attitude can be like (not everyone occasionally has a disregard for safety mind you, but enough do to cause some really tragic accidents).
Fordman1 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-03-2007, 07:49 PM   #9
GXL078
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Boooring. I switched it off. Did they come up with a conclusion or anything?
GXL078 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post