Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 20-03-2007, 05:16 PM   #1
The Monty
Just slidin'

Default QLD speed cameras

Ok, before we start, noone has broken any laws, recieved any fines or anything, this is just to satisfy my brain.

Had a discussion today with someone at work, about where in the 4WD's the camera actually is. Is it in the snorkel? Is it in the passenger seat? Is it in one of the headlights?

I honestly dont really know, and I would really like to know, as things at work have got really serious, and there is a $2 scratchie on the line, to be given to the person who was closest with thier guess as to where the camera was actually located.

Thanks guys, it is much appreciated.

Old 20-03-2007, 05:52 PM   #2
kyro_02
V8 wannaabeee

i believe it's on front bumper?
kyro_02 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-03-2007, 05:54 PM   #3
csv8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Back seat looking out the rear window.
Also they have a Mercedes VITO van as well
csv8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-03-2007, 05:57 PM   #4
orsomxc
WAD05
Donating Member1

I thought it was seat or rear mounted with the flash looking like a rectangular spot light on the bullbar.

Out of interest though... How many lanes would it be able to able to get on the M1 if it were parked on the far left?
orsomxc is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-03-2007, 06:01 PM   #5
Dazza XLT
Back in a Ford

Quote:
Originally Posted by orsomxc
I thought it was seat or rear mounted with the flash looking like a rectangular spot light on the bullbar.
The Landcruisers that operate here all have bullbars, with the rectangle spotlight hanging off the front.
Old 20-03-2007, 06:13 PM   #6
naxh96

i cruised past one down beaudesert road while my mate was driving and i spotted the camera pointing forward through the windshield.
situation: car on left hand side of road, camera and cruiser pointing with flow of traffic, it was sitting either on passenger seat or passenger side of dashboard. so inside the car obviously
naxh96 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-03-2007, 06:16 PM   #7
cooltint
FG F6310 Pilot

I believe I saw it located in the space normally occupied by the front seat when I saw one at the motor show a while back.

Maybe I'm wrong and the actual lens that snaps the pic is located elsewhere, but there was a large machine on a stand on the passenger side of that particular vehicle.

Regards

Big AL
*** New ride *** 2009 Nitro FG F6310 what a rocket!!! PB Willowbank 12.70 @ 111.44 mph & 2.02 60ft with nothing but a K&N filter *** Previous ride *** 2005 Rapid BF F6 Typhoon, 6 Speed SSS, 19" FPV Alloys, K&N Filter, Tailored Sheepskins, Teflon Paint Protection and of course Premium Window Tint. 255.33rwkw/342.4rwhp (stock) RDP Dyno Day 10th Mar '07 PB:400m in 13.052 sec @ 108.20mph Willowbank 12th Aug '06 18deg ambient.
cooltint is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-03-2007, 06:18 PM   #8
Vdouw
Proud Ford Owner

there are a few spots ... generally i have notice the flash from the front bar or the snorkel as they are normally facing from the front of the vechile so as to get the best view advantage ... your nice and tight ford falcon ****! lol but yea its either front bar or snorkel ... wait a month and i may be able to tell you dam those cameras think i got away with it this morning ... hopefully it was the guy slightly more infront in the holden ... fingers crossed
Vdouw is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-03-2007, 06:20 PM   #9
Vdouw
Proud Ford Owner

actually i have a few mates that are cops i'll find out for you boys tonight and tell u tomoz
Vdouw is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-03-2007, 07:14 PM   #10
The Monty
Just slidin'

Ta mate.
Old 20-03-2007, 10:31 PM   #11
dave351cid
playing in my big shed

i think the camera lenz is mounted on the dash facing out the windscreen in the local landcruiser from gladstone.
i often see it parked beside the highway and can see what looks like a camera in the middle of the dash. they park the car and leave it for the day and on hot days they put up those silver reflective windscreen shades in all the windows except for LH half of windscreen.
been tempted to stop and cover the windscreen right up. :thebirds: dont want them coming back to a hot car. lol. :Reverend:
`04 BA XR6 Turbo sedan. Blueprint. auto, Leather trim.
`03 BA XLS ute . Acid Rush, factory lpg, auto,
`48 TEA20 Grey Ferguson,
`62 Willys 6-230 , 4x4 light truck
`04 Yamaha TTR 250
dave351cid is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-03-2007, 08:25 AM   #12
Neeek
65 Galaxie Hardtop

I thought the cameras themselves were inside the car too - either in the middle of the windscreen or to the left towards the passenger seat.

It's been so long since I've been got that I don't remember where the flash is, but I do remember seeing it out of the corner of my eye... it went off about a second before I muttered "oh bollocks". At least I was indicating as I overtook that Camry doing 73 in a 60... you could clearly see my blinker was on..!

Neeek is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post