Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 30-03-2007, 09:45 PM   #1
Bucknaked
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Fender Bender

On my way home this arvo, was sitting at the lights when I saw 1 car hit another. Sorry, no photo's.

So at the lights the traffic watching the traffic in front of me,right to left when my attention turned to a Black BA Tornado. The F6 was in the right hand lane and I saw the car kind bounce like it ran a gutter. In the lane next to the F6 was a white Toyota ute. Not sure of the make, but these 4wd drive utes, usually with the bull bar on front and a metal tray at the back. Rides very high on the road. Anyway I asked Julie if that F6 just got hit. That was my first impression. It looked like it. And she thought it did as well. When the F6 got a head of the white toyota, there was a huge deposit of white paint on the ute. From the rear wheel to the tail lights, halfway down the body all the way to the top of the tray around the area that the little hooks sit for the tarp rope. Sure enough the indicator went on both cars and they pulled over. 2 in the F6 and 1 in the toyota. F6 driver out first, then the toyota then the passenger. They were all surveying the damage. Passenger put his hands on his head. Maybe it was his car. The driver headed back to his side of the car. I suspect to get a shotgun for damaging his F6 out:

So from where I was sitting I had a good view of it all. The ute was not speeding as he had cars in front of him, and they had only travelled maybe 20 or 30 metres from the lights. The driver of the toyota was changing lanes, but the only problem was, that the F6 was along side it. From the point of impact being behind the rear wheel, a good portion of the ute was in front of the toyota, so how he didn't see him, I really don't know. It just appeared as if he decided he wanted that lane and he had to have it. As far as I can remember, both lanes turn right, with the right lane to turn right only, but left lane can go straight or turn right.

I wonder if this is a club member or a member on these forums. If you are, update us on how you go or what happened. Bad news.

Bucknaked is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-03-2007, 09:55 PM   #2
philstoj
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Thats the big problem with these and 4WD's, they cannot see utes for some reason...

The amount of times ive nearly been forced off the road or side swiped, reversed into (actually had a big 4wd reverse into the ute and damage the drivers door, the driver swore he did not see it!!!!) and all the times this has happened, they seemed surprised that a car was there, so obviously they didnt look to see if anyone was there...

Its like if your not my height, then im not going to bother looking for you.
philstoj is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-03-2007, 10:02 PM   #3
GXL078
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Maybe he just couldn't see the F6 because it was BLACK?
I HATE seeing HIGH riding 4WDS rorting disabled parking spots. If they are really disabled you would think they would have a hell of a time getting in and out of these things, but they don't, cause they aren't, they just stick granny's pass on the window and park all day, for free. Hi-riding MANUAL 4WDS with disabled permits, yeah right!
GXL078 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-03-2007, 11:08 PM   #4
peedee

I agree, but as a disabled driver with a spinal fusion.Some disabled drivers cannot get down into their cars, I find it difficult to step down into my daughters stock standard lancer, and my XF when it was lowered was just as bad, but the ones I love the most are the ones that turn into a disabled spot with a fully loaded tradies ute, especially the ones with all the concreting gear on board. Personally if I could get back to work tomorrow I would be there,dropping from $60,000+pa to $440 per fortnight, sucks worse than my V8 that is why it now lives in the driveway, and has covered only 500km in 12 months not bagging genuine disabled people just those that rort the system
peter
peedee is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-03-2007, 11:19 PM   #5
dobz
Fully Hectic Ulehhhhh!!!!

well i got hit by a guy on a scooter

going down sheperton road i was in the left lane and the scooyer was in the right. just cruzin to work when i hear a fnk bang. look in the mirror and the guys wobbling on the bike. my whole front end was infront oft he guy. dunno how he didnt see me.. no damage to the car and more importantly the guy didnt fall over and get mowed by cars behind him....
dobz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-03-2007, 10:51 AM   #6
Jason[98.EL]
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by xcgxl
Maybe he just couldn't see the F6 because it was BLACK?
I HATE seeing HIGH riding 4WDS rorting disabled parking spots. If they are really disabled you would think they would have a hell of a time getting in and out of these things, but they don't, cause they aren't, they just stick granny's pass on the window and park all day, for free. Hi-riding MANUAL 4WDS with disabled permits, yeah right!
actually for some with a disability a 4wd is easier to get into

my father inlaw cant get into my el but has no prob at all getting into a 4wd ( he drives a modified magna that has been lifted 2 inchs) to make it easier to get into

jason

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Jason[98.EL] is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post