Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 08-11-2006, 04:03 PM   #91
BeStRaFe
lpg = big boom!

its the fact the media has such a play on these thins that they get blown out of proportion.

brunker road in newcastle
about 4 ~ months back,
a friend of mine wrote off his AU XR-8..

now the news artical read

19 YEAR OLD P-PLATER CRASHES INJURING 3

what wasnt stated... HE WAS HIT BY A ~ 60 year old person CHANGING LANES THAT DIDNT LOOK!

media spin... they do the statistics of young drivers...
i would like to see the overall statiics...
most older people dont report small incidents to the police..
whereis if anyone is hit or even nudged by a p-plater they instanty call the cops!
Old 08-11-2006, 04:06 PM   #92
photn
AFF Post NAZI

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeStRaFe
its the fact the media has such a play on these thins that they get blown out of proportion.

about 4 ~ months back,

what wasnt stated... HE WAS HIT BY A ~ 60 year old person CHANGING LANES THAT DIDNT LOOK!

whereis if anyone is hit or even nudged by a p-plater they instanty call the cops!
www.rta.gov.nsw.au

then go to my publications/stats/forms..

go to the stats tab.. click on accident statistics then statistics....and you want the annual stats statement.
we have the latest crash report for 2005 being reviewed and finalised as we speak...

photn is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-11-2006, 04:10 PM   #93
BeStRaFe
lpg = big boom!

i am a p-plater myself... i have had "0" incidents where i have been the driver at fault.
i freeley admit that i am a little bit of a hoon.. i will accelerate rapidley not braking the speed limit or anything.. just driving car in manual mode

the one think i am in favour of is a compulsary defencive driving course.
i have done both an advanced driving course and a defencive driving course
they teach you alot about safety and how to handle those sistuations of peer pressure and how to direct your car to the safest position when you get in a bind..

anyone can go speeding @ 180kmph down the freeway in a hyundai getz or a lancer..
its not the car doesnt run out of traction... the drivers runs out of experiece and skills.
Old 08-11-2006, 05:47 PM   #94
EBFalcs
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

i just realised that this site is almost as bad as the media in a way, whenever a young P-plater or a 16-25 yr old dies, there's a thread started about it and how we need driver education and how immature and stupid the young drivers are and so on and so on, but there's never a big thread started when a 30-50 year old crashes and people die, might be because the media just quickly glimpse over it and none of us take much notice.
EBFalcs is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-11-2006, 06:10 PM   #95
phat_stak_tipa
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by EL_futuraistic
a couple of disturbing statements there

"they were thrown from the vehicle on impact"
"the vehicle split apart"

Not good,
about the vehicle splitting thing VL commodores have a habit of doing it.....the welds in the back are not done properly......
phat_stak_tipa is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-11-2006, 06:15 PM   #96
ltd
Force Fed Fords

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan
I understand it. Commodores are naturally the car of choice, for the average ****er. (They're cheap and are affordable to anyone) I don't like to say that, because I own a Commodore, but it's true.

The Commodore community is huge and the idiots are exposed more then just about any car group, on our roads.

Basically the stereotype fuels this and alot of people notice it's a Commodore, because Commodores do generally have the reputation of a hoon car. (Would anyone make a comment about the type of car involved in the accident, if it was a Kia or Daewoo? Probably not, because there's no immediate stereotype)

Like I said before though, it doesn't really matter, because everyone will be brought down, not just Commodore drivers.

God I wish I was on my opens. **sigh**
Well said mate.
Nobody can ever accuse you of being pro holden or bias in any way. Even if they do I've got your back.
Mate, this forum truly would not be as good without people who make informed opinions like yourself. Keep it up mate.

Quote:
Powered by GE
ltd is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-11-2006, 06:29 PM   #97
Blue Oval Mopar Man
Has Blue Blood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sledgehammer
Again education is the way to solve this.....

Well said Sledgehammer!!!!!!!!!
The only problem we have is getting the people in power to grow enough balls to target this REAL problem , instead of taking the easy way out by FOOLING the majority that they are attempting to curb the toll by targeting the easy money being speeding offences, of which , most are only by 6 or seven klms over as well as drink drivers! While I do agree that "DRUNK" drivers need to wake up to them selves the .05 limit is just another way of making easy money !

I'm not arrogent , Just superior
Blue Oval Mopar Man is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-11-2006, 06:41 PM   #98
Blue Oval Mopar Man
Has Blue Blood

This crap realy makes me mad, I have no sympathy for the dead and injured in situations like this anymore ! They stuffed up , when they decided they wont listen to countless sources that told them not to do what they were doing and went ahead and did it anyways. I thinks its a case for the darwin awards .

When are people going to realise , it dont matter if its a turbo VL , And XR8 , or a mini minor , Stupid people will still killem selves in these cars because they are stupid! The car dosn't make em do it !

I'm not arrogent , Just superior
Blue Oval Mopar Man is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-11-2006, 06:44 PM   #99
EBFalcs
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

"guns don't kill people, people kill people"
Old 08-11-2006, 06:51 PM   #100
GasoLane
Former BTIKD
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeStRaFe

about 4 ~ months back,

Got it in one ...We (Truck Drivers) get this as well.
If a tourist overtakes a truck, has a head on and then crashes into the truck you can bet your life the headlines will say "B-Double involved in fatal crash"

Unfortunately it's a fact of life. It's sells newspapers
Old 08-11-2006, 07:05 PM   #101
Tickford Kid
Formerly known as TS 50

I think the driver was'nt even licensed!
To many reasons why this accident happened. Not just the old "p" plater one.
BLUEPRINT T3 TS50 #109, MANUAL WITH BREMBOS
Tickford Kid is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-11-2006, 08:18 PM   #102
Green X
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Always a commodore.

You know what this may seem harsh but I don’t care, they made the choice, it was a bad one now they live and or die with that.

No one forced them to do what they did, they new they were idiots and they new or should of know the risks so how is it anyone’s else’s fault or responsibility than theirs.

“That incident prompted pleas to federal and state government for tougher restrictions on P-plate drivers.”

Why it isn’t going to do anything, Teach em how to drive a car, teach em how to control a car, teach em to take responsibility for there actions, take em out on a race track and scare the chit out of them, show em how easy you can loose control of a car. Then give em a license.

My old man was a Cop and that’s the one thing that made me think before I acted, not what could go wrong, but what the old man was going to do to me if I f**ked up.

But I still did my fair shear of stupid chit, but I new my limits and though about chit before I did it.

I spent a chit load of time on ball bearing gravel roads back when I was on my P’s and that taught me a chit load about handling and control, I could slide a car around bend’s at 80km/h that mate’s who thought they were hot chit were struggling to take at 50-60km/h, yes I could of taken it faster but I knew I could control the car at 80 so why push it.
Green X is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-11-2006, 08:31 PM   #103
Bill_R
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

was on the news tonight that the driver of the car that crashed last week at Suffolk Park killing 4 occupants was charged with 4 counts of dangerous driving occasioning death and 4 counts of negligent driving occasioning death. This is the guy that was talking about suicide after the accident.
they don't seem to be showing any leniency towards him. it looks like an example will be made. he won't only carry the deaths on his conscious but the charges as well.
Bill_R is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-11-2006, 08:39 PM   #104
EBFalcs
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

what's this always commodores comments, it's not always commodores, the commodore crashes are the only ones that get hacked on by the media.
Old 08-11-2006, 09:36 PM   #105
Green X
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I don’t know, whenever somebody’s talking about something stupid they sore somebody do or a crash they spotted, they will say “and you know what car they were driving”, I Jump in and say “a commodore” and 8/10 times it is.

Just about all the crashes I have seen Involved a Commodore, Most of the stupid chit I see done is in early model commodores.

I have even pulled a Commodore out of the Bush on a gravel road at 1am after the P plate driver lost it around a bend wile drunk.

Not saying others don’t have crashes it’s just that for me in my experience the Commodores stand out from the rest.
Green X is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-11-2006, 11:24 PM   #106
ONBA1L

most common accidents that i see occur are especially the VL's and then the rest of the v series range between vn and vs. it all comes down to well wat i think is peer pressure knowing that you have a car that is rear wheel drive and can actually do burnouts. peer pressure plays a major part in most of the cases i shuld no myself people expect soo much from me but for wat so that i end up around a pole or tree. i have too much to live for. i think all learners who are going for their P's to b only given the choice of a front wheel drive. i no there are ways round it like doin handbrakes and that but they are much more limited to wat they are able to do in a rear wheel drive. i have limits in what i can do in my car and to live with a guilty conscience knowing that i have survived a fatal crash and knowing my passengers (friends) whoeva it may be died i culdnt live with it. people think its soo easy fair enuf it may be easy in some circumstances but wat about that 1 time u cant control it. my uncle once said to me u have a 99% chance u might not come home 1 day and i believe it in some way.
ONBA1L is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-11-2006, 01:48 AM   #107
Full Spectrum
Only a matter of time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiapan
i never said fords dont kill, would be a dumb comment on my behalf, look at the bloody ratios ....name a recent fatal p-plater crash in a ford and there is five holden fatal crashes to each one.
funny thing is, many times i have gotten into a car knowing that the driver is a dikchead driver, and just from this thread i have promised myself not to get into those cars unless im the driver. poor passengers dont have a chance to save there own lives.

I used to egg the driver on...after many lucky crashes i have stopped
Ok so you never said they don't kill people my apologies.
But when it comes too fords in fatal accidents it's not highlighted like this in every way.
HOLDEN COMMODORE KILLS AGAIN TYPICAL HOLDEN OWNER Just some quotes.
No one's wants too chat about the falcon that ran down the kids, Or the Falcon that split in half at 210kp/h and killed all but 1. The one with a seatbelt.
And with this it keeps getting over looked that no-one in the car was had a licence and they didn't own the car.

When i was younger i never egged anyone on, But i never stopped anyone also which is just as bad, A friend came down this year from interstate, It was wet i took him out for a drive in my car for the first time too show him the work i had done too it, Went on the freeway and came off was watching my driving very slippery, When a white XF came from behind all sideways trying a drift into the gutter he went and the left front lifted and stayed up about 30cm higher after impact with the gutter, That wont get any air play it's not the car it's the driver.
Quote:
Originally Posted by EBFalcs
"guns don't kill people, people kill people"
I herd a cat knocked a gun off the fridge and it shot it's owner :
Quote:
Originally Posted by ONBA1L
most common accidents that i see occur are especially the VL's and then the rest of the v series range between vn and vs. it all comes down to well wat i think is peer pressure knowing that you have a car that is rear wheel drive and can actually do burnouts. peer pressure plays a major part in most of the cases i shuld no myself people expect soo much from me but for wat so that i end up around a pole or tree. i have too much to live for. i think all learners who are going for their P's to b only given the choice of a front wheel drive. i no there are ways round it like doin handbrakes and that but they are much more limited to wat they are able to do in a rear wheel drive. i have limits in what i can do in my car and to live with a guilty conscience knowing that i have survived a fatal crash and knowing my passengers (friends) whoeva it may be died i culdnt live with it. people think its soo easy fair enuf it may be easy in some circumstances but wat about that 1 time u cant control it. my uncle once said to me u have a 99% chance u might not come home 1 day and i believe it in some way.
Would you believe it that the IRS in VS above made it easier too do burnouts. It's just pre VS was faster then the rest.
FWD can lead you into a false state of control, FWD car take corners faster and that will lead them too believe every corner is easier and faster too take, Then if they loose control they got no hope.
Old 09-11-2006, 04:00 AM   #108
BeStRaFe
lpg = big boom!

ok... lets leave it as this...

natural selection people
natural selection....
death rates have GONE DOWN!!!! in the laste few years...
sticking vehicle restrictions onto P-Platers onley affects a small MINORITY of drivers.
and its VERRY easy to get around them!
if not they go out and purchase a hight powered NA Skyline..
you can get a little 1.4L swift to do burnouts... handbrake + stupidity

police are stepping up the presesnce with undercover cars by the 10's!
iddiots will kill themselves no matter what car they drive...

a better car just means they kill them selves faster!

bit bip!
Old 09-11-2006, 05:14 AM   #109
FDG 220
Confused lil guy

Not sure if this has been posted yet as haven't read this thread but here's nine news video of it

http://ninemsn.video.msn.com/v/en-au/v.htm?f=39&g=d4d461f0-1e63-4bfa-8172-b7475ecc59b0&p=aunews_aunationalninenews&t=s29&med iaid=27651');void(0);
FDG 220 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-11-2006, 09:57 AM   #110
Bud Bud
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by ONBA1L
most common accidents that i see occur are especially the VL's and then the rest of the v series range between vn and vs.

The rest of the V series range Commodores??? Err that would be VB- VE. (1977-2006). If Ford was selling 2 Falcons to every Commodore for past 10 years then the Falcon percentage would higher.

It is a very dangerous assumption and a false sense of security to believe that it is mainly only Commodores and Commodore drivers that are involved in fatalities. At least some here can see that.

As I mentioned earlier The BA will be popular (especially the "Turbo") with the youth less than 10 years from now, so we have got to start educating now to save our today's 10 year old children's lives in the future.
Bud Bud is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-11-2006, 09:19 PM   #111
EBFalcs
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

do i remember certain model cars like the XY GTHO phase III and normal GT's that are now very very rare and the Phase IV that was never released, because they were too powerful and every bastard was killing them selves in them.
Old 31-03-2007, 08:36 PM   #112
xbcool
dazed&confused

i know its a 6 months old thread but another p plate accident on the same bit of road that claimed 2 teenagers in november has happened.
about 500meters away from the first accident a commodore and lancer have had a head on (both on p plates) and some how a L plater has run into them (?).
more kids hurt needlessly and speed was definately a factor.

beauty is only skin deep.
ugly goes all the way to the bone.
xbcool is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post