Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 31-03-2007, 03:49 PM   #91
deesun
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Hope you kept the names of the people you dealt with last time. Might make it all a bit easier.
Old 31-03-2007, 04:14 PM   #92
peterban
AULTD

I'm in Vic and got a fine from the tollway mob in Sydney threating me for travelling on the tollway without paying $3.50 I think. Fine was $60, cough up or go to court. Most of the $60 was for processing etc.
I sent them a photo of the car from the back and the front as well as a stat dec stating I hadn't driven in NSW for at least 5 years, I also included an account for the cost of the photos and my time giving them 14 days to pay.
I got a letter saying the computer had made a mistake.
No apology for wasting my time and no payment of the account.
I wonder if I can now persue them for non payment of my account????
peterban is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-03-2007, 04:45 PM   #93
The G6ET Spot
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by 56L
wow 12 months for over 45 in vic what is it in nsw?
6 months.why? you sound worried.!!
The G6ET Spot is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-03-2007, 11:12 PM   #94
GasoLane
Former BTIKD
Donating Member2

One way to prove it's not you Pete is for you to speed through a camera, then ring and tell them that thats the REAL you and let them compare pics

On another camera note... A few years ago a Syd radio announcer (Andrew Denton) also got his cars pic taken, whilst he was Overseas. He complained to the NSW RTA and the answer was " the picture wasn't that good and the numbers weren't that clear so the usual practice is to send a fine to the owners of the numbers either side of what we think it is" !!

Way to go. If all owners pay up, three fines for the price of one!
Old 31-03-2007, 11:44 PM   #95
holmsy
Banned

i would be asking firstly. why hasnt this guy lost his license for one and second had his plates removed if he keeps doing it.
if you cant get them to remove his plates then send them the bill for your plates to be replaced and the cost of getting your plates in the first place.
holmsy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-04-2007, 12:20 AM   #96
xygoonman
the silver goooon

QUOTE=DOC]82K in a 50K zone last Tuesday = $360 fine plus demerit points ( but not sure how many as i does not say ).

All i can say is what a FN Joke Adelaide's speed limits are in the city, 40/50/60 ? in a recent survey some 70% of people here have no idea of the speed limits in the city ( for those that don't live here they seem to change daily )

Secondly i was not driving in the city at the time ( or anywhere ) as i was home working and have a fine collection of emails sent at that time ( for work ) to validate this. ( But their camara has snapped me in the city in an area i don't drive in and at the same time my car was in the shed )

So let the fun and games begin as i plan to tackle the system over yet another so called but bad, attempt at the Gov claim they are saving lives and not raising money.

end rant. [/QUOTE]I THINK YR A MADMAN :
xygoonman is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-04-2007, 12:31 AM   #97
Bens_ELXR6
SupahStah

too late, he won already. :P
Bens_ELXR6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-04-2007, 12:33 AM   #98
DOC
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbotodd
I THINK YR A MADMAN :
Only on quiet days

& yes he has lost enough points, but the SA people have not fined him and also do or can he loose his demerrit points being a WA licence or can he run a muck in SA and not worry about loosing it ?

Not only did he run the light but was doing 16K over limit but they only issued for running the light ( must have been the dearer of the 2 options, but why did he not get both fines ?

& for the plates the photo these guys sent clearly shows WA on the plate, these guys here are up to speed on something but not sure what.
DOC is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-04-2007, 12:37 AM   #99
holmsy
Banned

i dont know how fines go between states
my brother went to queensland for 6 months. unfortunatly for him he got done just as he got in qld and he wasnt allowed to drive in qld for 3 months but if he left qld he could drive. twas odd.
i think beacause in vic what he was doing only would have lost him points. not lost him license.
holmsy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-04-2007, 12:48 AM   #100
xygoonman
the silver goooon

In The Sunny State 40 Kay Or Over Its Goodnight To Licence For Quite A While
xygoonman is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-04-2007, 11:02 AM   #101
GasoLane
Former BTIKD
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by thestig
I was a day late on my second last installment and apparantly "some glitch in the system" (yeah right) means that if you make a late payment they don't send out any more payment slips (which you need in order to pay the fine).

The end result? I thought I had paid the fine when in fact I had only $26 to go. 4 months later they send me a very threatening letter informing me that I now have to pay $373 IMMEDIATELY or have my vehicle clamped and my assets seized.

The moral of the story? These people are immoral, inhuman, ruthless and NOT TO BE TRUSTED UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES!!!!
The other side of this is that my brother lived in Qld but racked up a few fines in NSW.... about $1700 worth.

When he moved to NSW and applied for a license the fines of course popped up on the computer, so he asked for time to pay them which was granted.

2 months later he decided to pay the lot out and was told, sorry you have to keep going to the Post Office to make payments. It's the RTA's way of punishing you. ?? :