Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 03-04-2007, 12:38 PM   #1
AUTickford
XD197

Default ripped off again

Well its that time of year again, good friday burnouts at the motorplex.Every ford fan in perth knows that we will get ripped off again this year, the lack of a judging panel really sucks ****.Relying on the crowds reaction is a load of crap.There are always more holden supporters and as such the holdens always win.The event organizers need to pull their finger out and make up judging criteria for the burnouts and bloody have some judges to decide the winners not the biased crowd.Come on ford fans get your balls out there and cheer for the boys,girls in the blue oval, i seem to be the only one every year that gets into the spirit of things and i get abused accordingly.Does this happen anywhere else in oz?A good burnout is a good burnout by either side but when a busted **** holden wins a burnout comp when its breaks down and doesnt pop both tyres and takes five minutes to start after breaking down to start doing a skid again and still wins,DAMN, wake up to yourself perth : If there wasnt a year between drinks i wouldnt even go to see fords get ripped off again,dont even mention motorvation!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AUTickford is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-04-2007, 01:01 PM   #2
1970galaxie
Fat 460

After reading you first sentence, I though you were going to talk about the rip off prices they charge to get in the gates, including Motorvation.
Anyways, a good burnout is a good burnout, doesn't matter what car is doing it.
Summernats judge it on crowd appeal.
2003 BA XR8 Ute. Blood Orange. 5.4/5 speed.
2006 Territory Turbo. Silhouette. 4.0/6 speed auto.
1970galaxie is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-04-2007, 03:17 PM   #3
honer
Back to N/A land

Think I'm going to pass this year.

80% of the cars are 1 tonna's. Borrrrrrrrrrring !
honer is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-04-2007, 03:25 PM   #4
Beetus
Now drifting a falcon

i was recently in a burnout comp down in albany, the judging went like this. you start with 20 points, you can lose and gain them. Minus points: 2 for leaving the pad, 4 for stalling, 2 for stopping, 5 if you break down. plus points: plus 2 for each tire blown, and 0-5 on how much smoke you get. turned out quite well with heats anf finals, funny though, i got in the top 4 with a eb xr8 with exhaust, with 3 nos old school v8's lol
Beetus is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-04-2007, 06:54 PM   #5
Green X
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I have been to a few at the motorplex and I find the fords are always out numbered, but when a Ford comes out they Normally put on a good show, compared to the Holden’s where out of say 4 you will get 1 performer.

Not going any way as I am going away over Easter, and there are only so many burnouts you can watch.

At Motervation I can’t remember the car but it was one of the first couple of cars out and the First ford, It was brilliantly executed with no ********* around. He Drove straight in, Lit em up and didn’t stop the smoke till both tyres were blown and then drove out.
Green X is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-04-2007, 08:35 PM   #6
capriv8

Im trying to remember a judging card from motorvation that I saw, I think they had to rate out of 10 points on about six or eight different aspects.
1 - presentation of car
2 - instant smoke
3 - skill or control, how they use snakepit
4 - continuos smoke / momentum
5 - crowd response
there are more I just cant remember and I dont think popping tyres got extra points although the crowd would show there appreciation more so I would assume you would get a higher score on number 5
capriv8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post