Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 12-04-2007, 08:33 AM   #1
Nickxb
XB in progress

Default Xb compliance plate - what is it???

Hey guys

Can someone translate my compliance plate number.

It is JC67PT85940K

I also have another question

What type of front end is this???? I was told it was a fairmont but im not too sure.

Cheers

Nick

Attached Images
File Type: jpg Grill.jpg (115.1 KB, 100 views)
Nickxb is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-04-2007, 09:16 AM   #2
wulos
Forum Director

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: All the behind-the-scenes effort. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: For his advice, tips/tricks in the Art and Photography section of the Forum. 

Looks more like a ZG Fairlane front to me circa 1973-76?
wulos is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-04-2007, 09:18 AM   #3
Nickxb
XB in progress

Its on a xb Coupe (not sure yet if it is a fairmont) but i was thinking it might be a landua?
Old 12-04-2007, 09:38 AM   #4
recoil
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I think the JC should really read JG. The 67 is a Fairmont coupe. Someone has bolted a fairlane - LTD front onto it.
recoil is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-04-2007, 09:49 AM   #5
wulos
Forum Director

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: All the behind-the-scenes effort. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: For his advice, tips/tricks in the Art and Photography section of the Forum. 

I thought that the P5 Landau was the first "coupe LTD". I may well be completely incorrect in saying this though. P5 had vacuum actuated flip up headlight covers.
It would make sense though if the front end is off a P4? LTD as the front end would've been the previous one available for use.
Of course it may also be a P5 with a ZG front as the vacuum flippers were quite prone to failure & hard to source replacement parts for.
*Apologies if I have confused the issue - just speaking my thoughts out aloud*
wulos is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-04-2007, 09:55 AM   #6
Mulberry
Starter Motor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickxb
Its on a xb Coupe (not sure yet if it is a fairmont) but i was thinking it might be a landua?
nah mate thats a zg fairlane front end

landau has a totally different rear side windows to the coupes as well, what does the car look like from the side? that will tell you if it a landy

also they had full leather interior, 'bucket like' seats in the rear, a/c heater controls on the centre console etc etc
Mulberry is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-04-2007, 10:03 AM   #7
Allen
You win again, gravity!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wulos
I thought that the P5 Landau was the first "coupe LTD". I may well be completely incorrect in saying this though. P5 had vacuum actuated flip up headlight covers.
Yes that is correct... the Landau is the P5 Coupe... It was the only model Landau made, so the above is just a Fairmont coupe with Fairlane sheet metal... not LTD.

SOON TO BE A TRACK CAR
Allen is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-04-2007, 11:30 AM   #8
Nickxb
XB in progress

Thanks for you help..... im wanting to change the grill and bonnett over to xb gt but at least i know what the front end is.

anyone know of any gt grills and gt/gs bonnetts for sale?

The guy who sold it to me said it was a rally pack, whats the difference bewteen a fairmont standard and a fairmont rally pack?
Old 12-04-2007, 11:36 AM   #9
xe351
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

the rally pack is gs, which included gt bonnet, tacho, optional driving lights, a gs stripe down each side plus other options, you would need to call ford and give them your vin to find out more
xe351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-04-2007, 11:42 AM   #10
xe351
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

http://www.fomoco.com.au/ID.html

this is a good site for id. april 74 fairmont hardtop 351 2v
Old 12-04-2007, 11:51 AM   #11
Nickxb
XB in progress

I was looking on ebay for a gt grill. its sitting atm at $450 -

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI....DME:B:AAQ:AU:1

is this a rip off?

where can i get gt grills from apart from ebay?

Nick
Old 12-04-2007, 12:01 PM   #12
xe351
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

depends how good the grill is - anything GT is going at a premium at the moment, you can get $250 grills that need work all the way up to 1200 for a nos item

other places to look? tradingpost, get your mates to look out for you, swap meet occasionally but rarely!
Old 16-04-2007, 09:30 AM   #13
Nickxb
XB in progress

I have found a grill in the trading post, im going this weekend to check it out.

I was wondering though, how much should I sell my ZG girll and bonnet for? The grill is in good condition and the bonnet has a hole cut in it for a shaker.

Nick