Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 18-04-2007, 12:55 PM   #31
apolloxbgt
cross breeder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darran
We have a VZ Cab Chassis at work.
My aploigies,there must have been early vz's,they have stopped production now though.
Old 18-04-2007, 12:57 PM   #32
kiwikid10
WHAP!!! POW!!! ZORK!!!

Interesting,

This lines up with the rumour a couple of years back that Holden and Ford made a strategic decision to axe certain parts of their line up to both maintain market share against Toyota and the others (esp Toyota). The deal was that ford would drop the Fairlaine and Holden would drop the Wagon and LWB based ute. Thus leaving all the LBW luxury cars (Statey and Caprice) to holden who rule this category vs Ford anyway (there are other threads that support this theory). And Ford to keep the "industrial" type utes and wagons which they rule.
This SWB ute is for the wannaby ute boys in the city who like to be seen as rough tough tradies but in reality are our equivalent of ricers.

As for my source I worked high up the food chain for a major component supplier to both Ford and Holden and we work 5 years in advance of the release of the new vehicles and know the arcitecture that is being made obsolete as well.
Bodykit: Havoc
Wheels:XR8 AUII 17's
Interior: upgraded to Ghia,rebolstered seats.
Have parts just need fitting: Territory front brakes, Police issue rear brakes,Full sound system,Alpine HU/Processors,Focal speakers,Xtant amps.
kiwikid10 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-04-2007, 01:12 PM   #33
apolloxbgt
cross breeder

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwikid10
Interesting,

This lines up with the rumour a couple of years back that Holden and Ford made a strategic decision to axe certain parts of their line up to both maintain market share against Toyota and the others (esp Toyota). The deal was that ford would drop the Fairlaine and Holden would drop the Wagon and LWB based ute. Thus leaving all the LBW luxury cars (Statey and Caprice) to holden who rule this category vs Ford anyway (there are other threads that support this theory). And Ford to keep the "industrial" type utes and wagons which they rule.
This SWB ute is for the wannaby ute boys in the city who like to be seen as rough tough tradies but in reality are our equivalent of ricers.

As for my source I worked high up the food chain for a major component supplier to both Ford and Holden and we work 5 years in advance of the release of the new vehicles and know the arcitecture that is being made obsolete as well.
Thats a pretty out there predicition.Ford WANT to get rid of their car that created the segment (ie fairlane)??

Similar story for gm,the holden one tonner used to be the bread and butter tradie ute,but they don't want the market???

I think you'll find in both cases it's due to poor sales and to simplfy production.
Old 18-04-2007, 01:39 PM   #34
05MkIIFutura
SV6000. Yum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martys_EL_V8
the overhang looks like they have used a standard sedan chassis and dropped the VU tray on it with altered wheel arches..

but its the VE... *yawn*
Yes the VE ute and Sportswagon will run on the sedan's SWB.

Overhang is probably larger because they stretched it to make the tub a (half) decent size.

With the amount of flaring behind the rear of the cab, it will make a very inefficient cab chassis.
05MkIIFutura is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-04-2007, 02:57 PM   #35
kiwikid10
WHAP!!! POW!!! ZORK!!!

"Thats a pretty out there predicition.Ford WANT to get rid of their car that created the segment (ie fairlane)??

Similar story for gm,the holden one tonner used to be the bread and butter tradie ute,but they don't want the market???

I think you'll find in both cases it's due to poor sales and to simplfy production."

Not saying I was right but the writing was on the wall 3 years ago when I was talking to senior Sales and Marketing and Engineering managers over this topic.
Their thought was that the low sales in each segment would drive the market this way and there was a secret deal between Ford and Holden as to which models each of them would drop for the other. If you look at the current state of affairs this would seem logical. I understand the historical attachement that each model bares but really for example if Ford gave up the Fairlaine would it kill them? It makes more economical sense to split the market and not rob low volume, high production, R&D cost vehicles from each other. This decision was made before the VE die was rolled, not because of current market situation, so it was a good 5+ years ago.If they waited until sales were as poor as they are now they would have already committed capital equipment to the production line and spent a lot of $$ on R&D for a low volume seller. The rumour only surfaced 3 odd years ago. Now it looks more true than before.
Just my opinion.
Bodykit: Havoc
Wheels:XR8 AUII 17's
Interior: upgraded to Ghia,rebolstered seats.
Have parts just need fitting: Territory front brakes, Police issue rear brakes,Full sound system,Alpine HU/Processors,Focal speakers,Xtant amps.
kiwikid10 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-04-2007, 03:01 PM   #36
The Monty
Just slidin'

I dont like the VE. Other than the longwheel bases. I am going to go against the tide here, from what I can see, I think its going to be quite a nice ute. Do away with that horrible rear end of the omega (its a ute, so they wont use it obviously) and those shocking hubcaps on the omega and the 4wd height, and it will be good.
Old 18-04-2007, 03:19 PM   #37
TZENU
XY Driv3r

LWB i reckon, doesn't suit the VE... Maybe the older models, but not this one! It kinda looks way too disproportional
Old 18-04-2007, 03:28 PM   #38
AU dude
Flying high...

Thats just wrong.

AU dude is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-04-2007, 03:46 PM   #39
Jayden
Graphic Artist

That strip of tape btw is just holding the old rear end on to the new front. They're just trialing to see if they can get away with it :P
Old 18-04-2007, 07:43 PM   #40
rapom1

No matter what we all think of the shape, one thing is for sure, they will sell thousands of them to eager buyers, especially the SS which currently makes up nearly half of the VZ ute sales. Remember the RRP for the VE SS sedan dropped from $52K (VZ price) to $45K (VE price), so a proportional price drop for the VE SS ute would see the RRP at around $37K, or say $34k after haggling. Sound tempting??? does to me.

I predict a 3month wait (at least) when they first come out, and there will be a lot of people stuck with un-sellable VY,VZ and BA-BF utes.
rapom1 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-04-2007, 08:00 PM   #41
naddis01
\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/

That looks as though its the LWB but I could be wrong.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rapom1
No matter what we all think of the shape, one thing is for sure, they will sell thousands of them to eager buyers, especially the SS which currently makes up nearly half of the VZ ute sales. Remember the RRP for the VE SS sedan dropped from $52K (VZ price) to $45K (VE price), so a proportional price drop for the VE SS ute would see the RRP at around $37K, or say $34k after haggling. Sound tempting??? does to me.
Wasnt it more of just a renaming for the VE SS, being SV8 became SS and SS became SSV? Thats what the pricing would suggest. Or is there more to it than that?
naddis01 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-04-2007, 08:09 PM   #42
Gobes32
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

That might only be a base model, highly doubtful it is an ss anyway. Like most Commodore utes, the base model is a bit of a bore whereas the SS ute has always been a bit of a looker. I love the VY/VZ SS utes but the VE ute will look just like the VE sedan, and I don't like the VE styling. The jury is out till I see one in the flesh.
Gobes32 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-04-2007, 02:45 AM   #43
Airmon
King of the Fairy's.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave_au
Interesting that Motor was trying to say that the VE ute wouldn't be a go-ahead.
Just thinkin the same thing there mate.
Airmon is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-04-2007, 11:05 AM   #44
rapom1

Quote:
Originally Posted by BAXLS
Wasnt it more of just a renaming for the VE SS, being SV8 became SS and SS became SSV? Thats what the pricing would suggest. Or is there more to it than that?
Yeah that's basically correct, VE SS replaced VZ SV8 and VE SSV replaced VZ SS. There was no SV8 ute in VZ.

With the VE however, there will be a plain SS ute, at least thats what my friendly local Holden dealer tells me.
rapom1 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-04-2007, 11:10 AM   #45
bathurst77
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Kiwi
I cant see Holden and Ford making deals like "we will stop building these cars, if you stop making those ones"
I dont think thats how these busineses operate
bathurst77 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-04-2007, 08:43 PM   #46
Bucknaked
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by LSTerritoryGhia
No its not??

Look at the pics?? thats black tape running down the side.
Your right. At first glance it looks like it is seperate
Bucknaked is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-04-2007, 08:48 PM   #47
Redrum
Force Fed Fords

Hard to tell with the Melbourne Knights colours all over it. The steel wheel looks awfully small compared to the tub....
Old 21-04-2007, 08:56 PM   #48
Envi XR8
I love my beast too!

same holden shiite, different smell....
Envi XR8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-04-2007, 11:55 PM   #49
ondori
Addicted User

side stamping
http://www.carspyshots.net/zerothread?id=22947