Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 21-04-2007, 11:46 PM   #1
mustang70

Default nice old 70's wagon suggestions

i wrote the camry off (no big loss hey?) as some knob pulled in front of me and i slammed into him,looking at around a $5000 to $6000 payout and thinking to get something with a little style.will be regularly driven work car, so fairly reliable and prefer no V8, ones enough for my wallet thanks
any suggestions on a nice old wagon, ideas so far are
XA falcon(always my favourite out of XA,B, or C)
HQ to HZ
cortina

any other ideas on seventies wagons? not a big valiant fan either,but open to suggestions as i dont know much about them.
are their many XY wagons around? cant recall seeing one for ages.
open to american cars that might fit into my price range
yes it must be a wagon

scott

mustang70 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-04-2007, 12:38 AM   #2
apolloxbgt
cross breeder

Xa - c wagons are cheap as chips,xc's seem to be more common than the otheres,but even then there arn't many on the roads.
Old 22-04-2007, 01:02 AM   #3
Powdered Toast Man
Professional Mouse Jockey

Why not a V8? Just find one thats on LPG, which most everyday drivers would be. Would be quite a few 6cyl HQ - HZ and XA - XC wagons around still and for that sort of money you would pick up a very good one. For 6cyl performance it would be hard to go past a Valiant but I think I'm with you thinking that the 70s wagons dont have a huge amount of style. I like the sedans though and of course the chargers.

There are still a few XY wagons around and my brother has an XR wagon in his backyard. He also used to have a blue XB GS wagon. That was a beautiful looking car even with it's 2 tone paint (half blue half primer grey lol).

How about something japanese like a Toyota Cressida or european like a VW or Volvo?

Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana. Groucho Marx
Powdered Toast Man is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-04-2007, 01:13 AM   #4
mustang70

yeah a V8 on gas i guess, an XY wagon would make me happy too. not seen one for sale yet but just started looking. if it was just a kingswood i'd probably limit myself to 2 or 3 K for a reasonable one and spent the rest on the mustang.
a nice XY with some half decent rims and a 6 or small V8 would be good. will keep my eyes peeled for one.
not really keen on euro or jap, 70's jap cars remind me of the old bombs i used to drive a teen and i've owned enough euro cars to not go there again.
mustang70 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-04-2007, 02:58 AM   #5
Blue Oval Mopar Man
Has Blue Blood

Mate , there is an XB wagon in pretty good condition in the for sale section of this forum at the moment! He is pretty keen to sell so , what are you waiting for !

ARE YOU STILL HERE ????

GO !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:

I'm not arrogent , Just superior
Blue Oval Mopar Man is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post