Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 22-04-2007, 02:59 PM   #1
Ridin-High

Default Margin on Crate engines

Maybe someone who is in or has been in the industry might be able to shed some light on the matter.

Basically how much mark-up/profit margin(In general) do places like rocket industries/ Eagle Auto etc have on their crate engines? Pretty much a general interest question. I know they wouldn't have heaps on those 350chev long engines on the back of street machine for $2880.

what about their engines for 15k tho? what u reakon about $2000 markup on cost?

Cheers,

Ridin-High

Ps. Yes i have used the search button mum....
Ridin-High is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-04-2007, 08:21 PM   #2
Fastfalc

I'm not in the industry,but comparing Eagle's add on the back of streetmachine for a ZZ572 chev at $19,900 to the Summit catalog at $12,999 US ($15,543AUD) Would give them a profit of about 3 grand....if they bought at retail price,which they would'nt.
Who knows how much they pay wholesale!
  Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-04-2007, 08:34 PM   #3
CAMS290
trying to get a leg over
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ridin-High
Maybe someone who is in or has been in the industry might be able to shed some light on the matter.

Basically how much mark-up/profit margin(In general) do places like rocket industries/ Eagle Auto etc have on their crate engines? Pretty much a general interest question. I know they wouldn't have heaps on those 350chev long engines on the back of street machine for $2880.

what about their engines for 15k tho? what u reakon about $2000 markup on cost?

Cheers,

Ridin-High
Alot of spare parts places put about 30% mark up on their stuff.
Eagle would be riding on the Aussie dollar being high at the moment, it a good time to bring stuff in from the states.