Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 28-04-2005, 05:43 AM   #1
LTD.LSD

Default Anyone work for Ford? (Production Line)

Hi all,

New to this forum just found it via a search and am glad I did. Have been doing a lot of reading here and it's great!

I'm planning to buy a ZL Fairlane and just go nuts on it - keep it look original, but have a powerplant and a half under the bonnet, I've been wanting to for years, so if anyones had experience with these, or have one with pics? I'd love to see them.

Also just wanted to ask, does anyone on here work @ Ford in Campbellfield? In the production (line?) section? Just wondering as I might be starting there soon but I don't have much details yet, basically I just wanted to know if anyone knows what the pay/wages/salary is? Basically I want to know if it's worth it (eg. decent money) and go for the job, otherwise I'm off for a holiday, but it comes down to what the pay is, I've been told it's pretty good, but that's only going by the fact that it's a big company etc. which isn't very reliable. Anyone actually work/worked there before and know roughly what you earn?

I'd really appreciate it... I don't want to ask directly 'yet' as nothings set in concrete or anything. But I don't want to waste anyones time if it's not worth it.

Also any benefits in regards to buyin a car (ford obviously)?

Anyway thanks again, and I look forward to spending alot of time on the forums.
  Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-04-2005, 10:12 AM   #2
b2tf
not here much anymore

Welcome to the forums,

in regards to question about pay at Campbellfield, id suggest you find someone on here who does work there (i think there are a few), and PM them about any info regarding pay etc. They may not want to advertise their salary is all.

I used to work for Ford, kinda. I was in Spare Parts at a dealership here for about 6 weeks before i got a better offer lol. I know that if i had have stayed there for 6 months or more, i would have been able to buy any new Ford (i.e. one that was ordered) at cost price + $300*. A very nice incentive, but the other job was just too good to pass up.

* This may not be the case with every dealership as it was their policy, not Ford's. So dont be expecting it from any other dealer!

Last edited by b2tf; 28-04-2005 at 10:13 AM.
b2tf is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-04-2005, 12:45 AM   #3
Dave_au
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I would have thought that there would have been a workplace award or AWA that you could find out.
Dave_au is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post