Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Closed Thread

Old 30-04-2007, 02:07 PM   #61
paulie0735
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech article(s) 

ya gotta love a 'hoon laws' thread......a moderators delight to be sure, well at least it gives em a chance to clean up the members list a bit and we get to find out who the hoons are. lol

Hay laminge! Pity you can't just ban their IP address mate, and be done with it!
Old 30-04-2007, 02:24 PM   #62
walker
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

my mates car was impounded, he has not got the best driving record (ie drink driving) and he only lost his car for 2 days no on the spot fine, although he will be expecting a summons to court.

He was caught by 2 cops ia a XF pano they were recording every body that left the carpark.....

XE project underway
Old 30-04-2007, 02:28 PM   #63
volcom20
Ef Fairmont

Yeah, well I've been told (by another officer) to get my mother to write a letter to the Commander of my area, which was done and he'll be reading it sometime today. Hopefully the letter will get the car out before friday.

If worst comes to worse I _should_ get it out after my court appearance when the judge'll be nice on me (have no previous record, and being a generally good bloke with the police on previous occasions). That's in about 25 days...

If the world _hates me_, I'll get it out in three months But anyway, I've gone 4 days now, and it isn't that bad. I'm cruising around in my mothers other car to run all my erands now and *shrugs*, I can get over being immobile and self safisiant - Now people have to drive around for me again
Old 30-04-2007, 02:33 PM   #64
merlin
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Why didnt you just pay with an impound strike card from one of your black list rivals?
1966 Ford Mustang coupe. 347 stroker, PA reverse manual C4, TCE high stall converter, B&M Pro Ratchet, Edelbrock alum heads, Edelbrock intake manifold, MSD ignition, Holley Street HP 750 CFM carb, gilmer drive, wrapped Hooker Super Comp Headers, dual 3" straight through exhaust, Bilstein shocks, custom springs, full poly suspension, American Racing rims, Open Tracker roller spring saddles and shelby drop.

Still to go - Holley Sniper EFI with integrated fuel cell.
Old 30-04-2007, 02:37 PM   #65
volcom20
Ef Fairmont

Quote:
Originally Posted by merlin
Why didnt you just pay with an impound strike card from one of your black list rivals?
I dont really know what you're saying here... I haven't heard of an impound strike card...
Old 30-04-2007, 02:45 PM   #66
XR06T
13.96 @ 101.65

haha need for speed impound strikes..

so let me get this straight, they can take your car and sell it, and not give you any money, for what is essentially one persons interpretation of what they think happened?

is this a rule in wa too?
Old 30-04-2007, 02:51 PM   #67
Zedjay
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

what hapens if they impound your car for the 2nd time
and want to sell it at action,but its encumbered by a finance company,

does the finance company have to pay the impound fees to get their car back??
Old 30-04-2007, 02:54 PM   #68
XR06T
13.96 @ 101.65

say a kid does 3 burnouts in his dads veyron, they take that and sell it?
Old 30-04-2007, 03:02 PM   #69
volcom20
Ef Fairmont

Quote:
Originally Posted by XR06T
say a kid does 3 burnouts in his dads veyron, they take that and sell it?
Yup! Im sure if the father had a Veryron he'd have enough money to win in court and get the car pack.
Old 30-04-2007, 03:20 PM   #70
AU dude
Flying high...

Unlucky dude, i got caught doing the same thing not long ago. But was able to keep my car as it was registered under my dads company name. Funny enough, i got mentioned in the local paper.

Try learning from it volcom20, i sure did.

Old 30-04-2007, 03:21 PM   #71
botch
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

i heard in the news of a german tourist who got done doing 200k on the hume freeway, but they couldnt take the car cos it was a rental, later that day he got done on the same freeway going 160k and again they could only fine him. Apparently he thought he was on an autobarn and could go whatever speed he likes ! Time we all learnt to speak Deutsch me thinks !!
Old 30-04-2007, 03:26 PM   #72
botch
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

tried to find a link on the newspapers website, but found this instead !

http://www.bordermail.com.au/news/bm/local/760607.html

Just be thankful that you dont live in Albury ! At least WINTON RACEWAY is only a bit over an hours drive away !!
Old 30-04-2007, 03:33 PM   #73
FRDPWR
416w 10.5@127mph

can we put a pole up just to see how many people actaully give there car a squirt in the wet to just go abit sideways. Im sure theres alot of people on here that do it but its just bad luck when you get busted i guess
Old 30-04-2007, 03:40 PM   #74
plext
Forum Director

Quote:
Originally Posted by FRDPWR
can we put a pole up just to see how many people actaully give there car a squirt in the wet to just go abit sideways. Im sure theres alot of people on here that do it but its just bad luck when you get busted i guess
Not much need for that, electricity companies have put up loads of poles and it's public record how many people have 'given it a squirt' and gone into them sideways.

How stupidity on public roads can be defined as bad luck somewhat evades me, but I'm guessing I must just be a bit slow on the uptake.
Old 30-04-2007, 03:41 PM   #75
Charliewool
Bolt Nerd
Donating Member3

That's where you'll end up too, going sideways in the wet?.. "up a pole"
Beat me by THAT much Plext!
2 wheels.. 2015 103ci HD Wideglide.. SOLD
SOLD THE LOT, Voted with our feet and relocated to COSTA RICA for some Pura Vida!
(Ex Blood Orange #023 FPV Pursuit owner : )
Old 30-04-2007, 03:46 PM   #76
DJM83
Barra Turbo > V8
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by volcom20
I dont see how they can take what appears to be my mothers car off her for something I done - It's outragouse.
Sorry mate but YOU should have thought about it before you did it in HER car. So they are only doing their job, dont get me wrong im no angel (had a 6 mth loss of license) at least u admitted your mistake thats a start. As they say hind sight is a great thing, hope all goes well anyway
Old 30-04-2007, 03:51 PM   #77
DJL351
XR & FPV Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by XR06T
is this a rule in wa too?
Sure is. And look at the road toll dropping by the hundreds. :

It is needed but. Only problem is these kids are killing themselves out in the sticks.
http://www.thewest.com.au/default.as...ontentID=27322
If you'd have seen the pics on the news, you'd ask how the h*ll did the other guy get out!

D
2005 BF GT (6sp manual - Build #183)
2015 SZ MkII Territory Titanium
2016.75 LZ Focus Sport

Quote:
probably the stupidist post on aff - congrats
Quote:
Originally Posted by flappist
There was once a time when every young man in this country was familiar with firearms and many owned them privately along with a stock of ammo and some bush gear.

Now the best we can hope for is to unfriend them on facebook then SMS their commanders with !!!1!!!!!!11!1!! and then finally plank a tank.......
Old 30-04-2007, 05:50 PM   #78
boss-290

Quote:
Originally Posted by volcom20
Yes, I'm sure we all read the title and thought to yourselves "####in# Idiot!" and yes, that's exactly what I am.

Leaving the local service station at 1:45AM on thursday there were a group of people drinking etc with a group of cars. I ignored it on the way in and on the way out I got the yelling "Comeon, smoke it up, you wont".

Anyway, the road was wet and I booted out of the corner and onto the main road, drifting sideways andfishtailed up the road. I got the applause from the crowd, followed by red and blue lights in my rearview - Ahhh, I died in the ***....

There was no traffic on the road, no parked cars or people and I was on my own.

They searched the car and got me to drive it back to the impound (wtf, they let _ME_ drive it back?) and I didn't even get breathoed or bloodtested!!!

I deserve it - and I'm pleding guilty in court. But one thing that does get under my skin is that they're charging me 15 dollars a day while it's there. That's $1350 for 3 months, plus my $450 dollar fine. That's $1800!!!

I thought the fine itself was the punishment, but aparently not!

I'm hoping to have the car out within a week though because it's regoed in my parents name, and they're claiming they need it for work etc.

I dont see how they can take what appears to be my mothers car off her for something I done - It's outragouse.

Anyway! I wont even be doing 10 over from now on as I will only have 1 point remaining, and if I am ever caught again the car will be forfited (handed over to, sorry for spelling) to crown and sold.

I hope I get it out within a week, hopefully I get breathoed my the same coppers on the day I get it out - They wont be happy.

Anyway! There's my story... :P
Mate,

I respect you for admitting you have done a ******** thing. It takes real balls to realise it.

Now you know, and hopefully you won't do it again as that is a very dangerous stunt to do, especially in the wet.

People are just stupid to egg people on to chuck a burnout and what not, it makes you no more than a man whether you do it or not. Also as you've learnt, you have come out the loser in the process of showing off to the 'crowd'.

Anyway, hope you get your car back.
Old 30-04-2007, 05:54 PM   #79
XR Martin
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zedjay
what hapens if they impound your car for the 2nd time
and want to sell it at action,but its encumbered by a finance company,

does the finance company have to pay the impound fees to get their car back??
Finance company chases the person who has the finance for the money owing.
State still sells the vehicle, while keeping the money.
2016 FGX XR8 Sprint, 6speed manual, Kinetic Blue #170

2004 BA wagon RTV project.

1998 EL XR8, Auto, Hot Chilli Red

1993 ED XR6, 5speed, Polynesian Green. 1 of 329. Retired

1968 XT Falcon 500 wagon, 3 on the tree, 3.6L. Patina project.
Old 30-04-2007, 06:00 PM   #80
devilcv8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

If you think the police are just going to hand the car back because it's your mother's car, think again. In your own words you have stated you are driving your mother's other car. Police will check that and realise that as your mother has 2 cars, then it isn't a big hardship to keep one in impound. Do a search on austlii for the NSW appeals where people have tried to get there car back. I haven't seen one yet. Closest has been a magistrate saying if it was forfeiture he'd consider it, but as it is 3 months, tuff.
Old 30-04-2007, 06:07 PM   #81
Bill_R
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by boss-290
Mate,

I respect you for admitting you have done a ******** thing. It takes real balls to realise it.

Now you know, and hopefully you won't do it again as that is a very dangerous stunt to do, especially in the wet.

People are just stupid to egg people on to chuck a burnout and what not, it makes you no more than a man whether you do it or not. Also as you've learnt, you have come out the loser in the process of showing off to the 'crowd'.

Anyway, hope you get your car back.
Agree. It's an attention and an ego thing that is really pointless when you think about it. it takes no skill to spin wheels and lose control of a car in the wet and that is what has been done here.
Old 30-04-2007, 06:10 PM   #82
XR06T
13.96 @ 101.65

taking someones car while under finance could easily bankrupt someone..
that could be considered worse of a punishment than driving without a licence drunk where you only get fine after fine and have forever to pay them..

someone is going to have to really explain this to me as this is completely stupid.!

if this is the case then put me down for ****y driving!
Old 30-04-2007, 06:45 PM   #83
XR Martin
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Not really any different that owning a house and manufacturing drugs inside it. The state can sieze and sell the house as its a 'proceeds of crime' Same goes for vehicles and other items purchased with drug money.

Doing illegal things with certain objects can waive your right to legally owning them.
2016 FGX XR8 Sprint, 6speed manual, Kinetic Blue #170

2004 BA wagon RTV project.

1998 EL XR8, Auto, Hot Chilli Red

1993 ED XR6, 5speed, Polynesian Green. 1 of 329. Retired

1968 XT Falcon 500 wagon, 3 on the tree, 3.6L. Patina project.
Old 30-04-2007, 07:47 PM   #84
Zedjay
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by XR6 Martin
Finance company chases the person who has the finance for the money owing.
State still sells the vehicle, while keeping the money.
they cant sell an encumbered car untill its payed for as the finace company wont take their lean of the car untill they get every cent no matter who's trying to sell it
Old 30-04-2007, 07:57 PM   #85
volcom20
Ef Fairmont

Quote:
Originally Posted by devilcv8
If you think the police are just going to hand the car back because it's your mother's car, think again. In your own words you have stated you are driving your mother's other car. Police will check that and realise that as your mother has 2 cars, then it isn't a big hardship to keep one in impound. Do a search on austlii for the NSW appeals where people have tried to get there car back. I haven't seen one yet. Closest has been a magistrate saying if it was forfeiture he'd consider it, but as it is 3 months, tuff.
We've already thought about that, and if it fails I'll just drop the oil and pull some ignition leads off and ask them to start it. If the car she has at the moment is rendered useless and my car being the only one avaliable, they'll have to give her something.

I'm not really that worried about it being there for 3 months, if anything I should pay someone to smash the living crap out of it and make the station buy me a new one. (Sorry, had a little bit to drink tonight and probably not my usual self...)

The car will come back to me at latest the court date. My family is quite friendly with the police in the area and I'm sure I could get one of them to sign a letter saying that this elder pensioner needs a mode of transport asap.

I've lost 8 points already. And gotten off the hook on 5 of them. The last stunt cost me 3.

Plus the fact it's a first offence, and I've been a good boy with the fellas in blue all my life gives me some leverage with the judge.

Also my parents will appear in court to fight for thier car back, which is actually mine (as I pay the loan, insureance and rego on the freakin' thing) and I hope to be driving within the month.

Before I appear in court I'll go get my Green Ps so I have plenty of points to play with depending on the judges discion.

They've targeted me because of the occosiacions I have with the underground in my town, and guess who I got pulled over by? The two officers who are head narcotics. They offered me a deal of "Tell us what you know, and help us out, and we'll get your car out before the end of the week".

Weak coppers. I actually had no idea about the narcotics in our area, but they seemed to think I did! The two boys in blue pulled some foil out of the car (A kabab wrapper) with cheese in it and told me it was anphetamines! I laughed in thier faces.

Back at the cop shop he hounded me "Is it speed? you better tell me the truth" I said "Officer, it looks like cheese..." he said "Well I'm going to put it on the tester, so you better tell the truth" then I said to him "Can I watch?"

Anyway, he walked out of the room with it and after that they never mentioned it again! Call themselves police? They cant tell the differance between cheese and drugs! I'd hate to see it if these blokes went into coles and found some "Speed" in the cheese section.

Anyway, *******. So the reason they're being so hard on me is because they think I've got info I'm not telling them - And hell, even if I knew I wouldn't rat out.

Boys in blue, crooked and bent.

EDIT: Some of them anyway, I've had some great police in my time, and have some that are family friends too. But don't pretend they're all great...

Last edited by volcom20; 30-04-2007 at 08:04 PM.
Old 30-04-2007, 08:12 PM   #86
Laminge
Cuban... nothing like it

Thread closed before I go of my nut at the stupidity being displayed
Closed Thread