Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 26-04-2007, 07:17 PM   #1
98TLS
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Default Great to be back in a Falcon

After owning 2 XWs a XY ute then a XYGS sedan then 2 XDs i developed a thing for GTR skylines after seeing jimmy Richards race one at the nissan mobil over here.........a few skylines later i finally got a GTR which i had for years.......i recently got a great offer for it which i took leaving me with a few decisions car wise........always loved the look of the BAs so after a bit of looking around i came across this BA XR6 ute.....an o3 done 58000kms....just got home with it tonight......love it...obviously very different to the skyline but great to be back in a Falcon none the less.......at this stage am thinking about a nice set of feet.....lower it and the sports-bar thing on the back.......sports bar..jesus in my day it was called a roll bar.......really enjoying the pics of you guys cars on here awsome........

Attached Images
File Type: jpg Picture 008 (Medium).jpg (60.1 KB, 107 views)
File Type: jpg Picture 011 (Medium).jpg (63.2 KB, 97 views)
File Type: jpg Picture 014 (Medium).jpg (49.1 KB, 105 views)
98TLS is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-04-2007, 07:54 PM   #2
Sledgehammer
Banned

Well you have come to the right place for mods and advise and all. Welcome to the forums and have some fun.
Sledgehammer is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-04-2007, 08:01 PM   #3
Fordmuscle1965

Quote:
Originally Posted by 98TLS
After owning 2 XWs a XY ute then a XYGS sedan then 2 XDs i developed a thing for GTR skylines after seeing jimmy Richards race one at the nissan mobil over here.........a few skylines later i finally got a GTR which i had for years.......i recently got a great offer for it which i took leaving me with a few decisions car wise........always loved the look of the BAs so after a bit of looking around i came across this BA XR6 ute.....an o3 done 58000kms....just got home with it tonight......love it...obviously very different to the skyline but great to be back in a Falcon none the less.......at this stage am thinking about a nice set of feet.....lower it and the sports-bar thing on the back.......sports bar..jesus in my day it was called a roll bar.......really enjoying the pics of you guys cars on here awsome........
Thought after having all those rice jobbies you may have got a turbo ute. :sm_headba Good to see you saw the light mate. Have you driven a ford lately?
Fordmuscle1965 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-04-2007, 08:32 PM   #4
98TLS
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Yea i thought hard about a turbo........trouble is i have a real thing for motorcycles and in particular an old TLS suzuki.........have met a heap of aussies through a forum devoted to said bike and have spent a shitload of dosh on mods.........after the bike mods theres not a lot left to go round and i have a missus thats sick of me modding things and wants the house done....so i thought bugger it and bought what i bought.......will get it looking good and bugger round with headers and things to try and get a few more HP out of it....really like the look of the sports bars thing..is it cheaper just to get a set made or buy from the stealership...........
Old 26-04-2007, 08:36 PM   #5
Mechan1k
Donating Member1

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Brings a wealth of knowledge to the forums and is frequently giving helpful advice. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always willing to help out with technical information. 

eBay is your friend ... sports bars are cheaper from there used.

A Dealer is going to sting you around $800 ... maybe more for one.
Mechan1k is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-04-2007, 08:49 PM   #6
Fordmuscle1965

Quote:
Yea i thought hard about a turbo........trouble is i have a real thing for motorcycles and in particular an old TLS suzuki.........have met a heap of aussies through a forum devoted to said bike and have spent a shitload of dosh on mods.........after the bike mods theres not a lot left to go round and i have a missus thats sick of me modding things and wants the house done....so i thought bugger it and bought what i bought.......will get it looking good and bugger round with headers and things to try and get a few more HP out of it....really like the look of the sports bars thing..is it cheaper just to get a set made or buy from the stealership...........

Understand completely mate got 2 classics in me shed screaming for cash to be thrown their way but the missus seems to be shouting louder than they are about the house getting done. cash will only go in so many directions and at this point in time the direction does not point towards the mustang or zephyr! :
Old 26-04-2007, 08:59 PM   #7
98TLS
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fordmuscle1965
Understand completely mate got 2 classics in me shed screaming for cash to be thrown their way but the missus seems to be shouting louder than they are about the house getting done. cash will only go in so many directions and at this point in time the direction does not point towards the mustang or zephyr! :
Fair call mate..........im at the stage that i think fair go girl youve let me do my thing for a fair while so now its your turn...........its about now i wish i had have pulled my head in at school= earn more dosh........ I know a bloke over here thats a real Zephyr freak.......he has a MK1 + a MK2 convertible and a MK3 zodi in his garage.......beautiful.....he recently turned down a huge offer for the convertible.
Old 26-04-2007, 09:05 PM   #8
Fordmuscle1965

Your mate wouldn't know where to get any excellent nick Mk3 bumpers from would he?
Old 26-04-2007, 09:11 PM   #9
MattyJ

How different is the Falcon to drive? What sort of GTR did you have? Any photos? I can imagine that an N/A falcon would feel like a slug in comparison!
  Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-04-2007, 09:12 PM   #10
98TLS
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Quote:
Your mate wouldn't know where to get any excellent nick Mk3 bumpers from would he?
off hand am not sure mate............what i can do is ask him.........will take the camera and post up a pic of the three of them for you...........i work nights and am back tommorow so give me a few days and i will get back to ya.obviously with the zephyrs hes got he will have a few contacts so fingers crossed eh............many over there........?
Old 26-04-2007, 09:14 PM   #11
GXL078
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Welcome back(wards) to the world of leafsprings. Remember what Jimmy called us in '92?
GXL078 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-04-2007, 09:18 PM   #12
Fordmuscle1965

That would be choice mate. No dramas, im on here every couple of days so ill keep my eyes peeled. A few contacts would be good as the local wreckers went out of parts for these about 30 years ago. If they ever stocked them!
Old 26-04-2007, 09:24 PM   #13
98TLS
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattyJ
How different is the Falcon to drive? What sort of GTR did you have? Any photos? I can imagine that an N/A falcon would feel like a slug in comparison!
The skyline was a 92 GTR and yes the falcon is a slug compared to it.......actually its like a bloody great ill handling under-powered piece of shite but hey im a Ford lover from way back so quite happy to forgive its faults....i have nothing on disc of the skyline as am hopeless with computers and never saved anything and am just back up and running after getting the hard drive replaced after it crashed.......i do have photos but havent got the scanner/copier hooked up..........i think to love a BAXR6 ute after owning an R32 you must have Fords in the blood eh......i was lucky enough to have an old man that owned a sucession of really nice XYs.......the last being an XY ute fitted with a 351 cleveland......GT interior etc......a real sleeper.......he even had a shaker for it although he never ended up fitting it......he sold the ute minus motor and put it into an XD............
Old 26-04-2007, 09:29 PM   #14
MITCHAY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattyJ
Yeah that would kill me. I know when I owned my TX5 for a short time after I bought my new car it felt like it had no clutch or no power!

Note to self - Do not get married

Welcome anyways mate :
MITCHAY is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-04-2007, 09:31 PM   #15
98TLS
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by xcgxl
Welcome back(wards) to the world of leafsprings. Remember what Jimmy called us in '92?
Yea i remember mate........... : i love the Aussie/Kiwi rivalry....quite sobering watching a doco yesterday on Gallipoli.Lest we forget eh
Old 26-04-2007, 09:33 PM   #16
98TLS
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Quote:
That would be choice mate. No dramas, im on here every couple of days so ill keep my eyes peeled. A few contacts would be good as the local wreckers went out of parts for these about 30 years ago. If they ever stocked them!
Consider it done.........i work 4 on 4 off so as i say give me a few days.......
Old 27-04-2007, 04:44 PM   #17
98TLS
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Quote:
I rang trevor tonight...he dosent know of any bumpers off the top of his head but is off to a get together soon and is going to ask about.......they sound bloody expensive though.........hes seen some sell for $500 each after theve been rechromed etc.......will see what he turns up.
Old 05-05-2007, 04:06 PM   #18
Fordmuscle1965

Quote:
I rang trevor tonight...he dosent know of any bumpers off the top of his head but is off to a get together soon and is going to ask about.......they sound bloody expensive though.........hes seen some sell for $500 each after theve been rechromed etc.......will see what he turns up.
Thanks for that mate I'll keep my eyes peeled.