Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 16-05-2007, 11:17 AM   #1
Hecta
AUII Newbie

Smile My 1st AUII

Hi everyone. I'm new to all this forum stuff - so, if this thread is in the wrong place then I'm truely sorry. But I found this forum & decided to join up & show my newest aquisition. I've been a FORD fan all my life, having said that, I've also owned a few HOLDENS (when they were real Holdens) but I would never, NEVER own a Commodore (sorry if that offends anyone here who has one). My name is Jeff, I'm 50, been married to 1st girlfriend now for 30 years. We did a quick count the other day & between us we have had 24 cars over that time, 22 of those in the 1st 20 years. The last one, XF S-Pack was supposed to be a a quick buy/enhance/sell job, but was so good we've had it now for 11 years - I have pics of most & if you look in No. 28 June-July 1988 edition (yes... a looong time ago) of 'Supercar Magazine' I recieved an award (not for the car hahaha) at the "8th STREET MACHINE NATS" (now deceased) for the 'Longest Distance Travelled' which my Wife & myself did in our just finished XY Falcon. Ok! ok! enough rambling on I can hear you all moaning from here.

Ok, the real reason why I'm here is because we've never owned a late-ish model car before, mainly bought, enhanced then sold older style cars (still the best I recon) untill now, kids grown up, married, left home & we thought now it's our turn to have a little treat. We were looking at a few BA's & then this AUII just grabbed our attention, wasn't really a fan of the AU before but this one was... looked... different somehow, so we bought it. That's how you actually buy a car, isn't it? hehe

I plan on doing it up, well, maybe... that depends on the missus (you know how it is). Heres some pics of it when we saw in the car yard. Will take some others & post soon. Oh, it's a 2000 model, 95,000k's, 235/45R17 94H Kumho's, full black interior, 1 owner, full service history & we paid $11,000 for it. Is that a good price, remembering that this is way up here in Rockhampton Qld? Look forward to reading all the other stuff at this place - theres HEAPS!!!

Cheers for now
Jeff

P.S. Already checked out some of the other rigs you guys own... nice!... VERY NICE INDEED guys.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg 01 - AUII - Front.jpg (58.7 KB, 102 views)
File Type: jpg 02 - AUII - Back.jpg (78.0 KB, 91 views)
Hecta is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-05-2007, 11:33 AM   #2
fipcee
not so stock

Thumbs up

Welcome aboard Jeff, I'm certain that you will find this forum absolutely fantastic for getting ideas on mods, general information etc etc etc.
Congrats on the purchase, you will enjoy it.
Liquid silver AUIII XR6, BA scuff plates with Tickford inserts, proudly displaying AU falcon.com stickers, lowered, K&N panel filter with wide mouth snorkle, 2 1/2 exhaust and hi flo cat, Illusion mags, slotted and drilled rotors.
Next mods: extractors
fipcee is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-05-2007, 12:01 PM   #3
curtleyw
Goodbye stock AU

Hey Jeff and welcome! I'm only new hear too and I have an AUII very similar to yours! I'm about to begin modding mine in a few weeks, I've been doing up a great list.
Good luck with the car and I hope you don't have to many probs
curtleyw is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-05-2007, 01:47 PM   #4
Fairlane
V8 Powaah

Nice looking machine youve got there. Always good to see an Organza coloured car kitted up, gets a bit dull seeing only burgundy and blue cars done up.

Looks to in very good condition, AU's are a great car and youll love. I just wished that more people would learn that a top notch AU is a lot nice than a thrashed BA.

XF S pack Sedan- AU 302 Windsor, T5, 2.77 LSD, Many Mods
Fairlane is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-05-2007, 02:13 PM   #5
Dauphin
Irregular member

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Endless work keeping the AU.com.au web site happening 

Hello Jeff and welcome! Nice car you have, I like that body kit. There's a couple of really good looking ones at www.aufalcon.com with that kit. Come and be a member and create your car profile.

My hovercraft is full of eels!

Movie Car Chase of the Week: Gene Hackman driving a 1971 Pontiac LeMans to chase an elevated train in The French Connection (1971).
Dauphin is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-05-2007, 03:23 PM   #6
Hecta
AUII Newbie

Thanks for the welcome guys.

fipcee - Your right theres heaps of info, mod & tech in here & looking forward to unending reading material.

curtleyw - Looks like ya keen to get modding m8 - hope it all goes well & looking forward to the up-coming progress pics.

Fairlane - I was wondering what the name of the colour was. Is that it - 'Organza'? The paint code on the plate says... 'OZ' I think - does that help?

Dauphin - Thanks for the invite to www.aufalcon.com not sure if mine makes the cut just yet m8 - but I'll look into it soon.
Hecta is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-05-2007, 04:10 PM   #7
FTE217
T3/Sprint8
Donating Member2

Hecta congrats on picking up a nice AU,really like the colour......
Have fun in here and enjoy the scene, great place just watchout for the "bug"....
"Don't believe everything you read on the internet. Abraham Lincoln"
FTE217 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-05-2007, 04:50 PM   #8
GK
Walking with God

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 
Thumbs up

Welcome aboard.

There's lots of great stuff to learn here. The AU is a great car, and there's mods aplenty to keep you busy and your wallet empty! LOL!

Cheers,

GK

2015 Kia Sorento Platinum - Snow White Pearl

2001 Ducati Monster 900Sie - Red

Now gone!
1999 AU1 Futura Wagon - Sparkling Burgundy
On LPG

Want a Full Life? John 10:10
GK is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-05-2007, 06:07 PM   #9
Turboconvert

hey mate ,welcome to the forum, i myself recently brought an au11 from a dealership aswell but i paid 14000, but that is because i got them to put a bodykit on it as well (ts50 kit). that is a pretty good price for an au11 considering it came from a dealership. hope to see u round a lot more

Bf xr6 turbo sedan, 6 SP auto, Leather/suede interior
Turboconvert is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-05-2007, 07:16 PM   #10
Umineko
Karasu

Hi there Hecta and welcome to the crowd, they're a good bunch here, very helpfull and full of no end of useful information. You've got a nice looking beast there and you should get many years happy motoring out of it, personally I think (unlike some others) that they look better in Burgundy, but it's all down to personal taste. the fact I own a Burgundy LTD has nothing to do with my oppinion (much)
good to have you aboard all the same
Umineko is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-05-2007, 09:28 PM   #11
AEF_Silver94
Falcon obsessed

welcome , great ride!
AEF_Silver94 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-05-2007, 09:54 PM   #12
Riksta
Captain Malcolm Reynolds

I really like wheels on your new ride there. The full black interior is great hey, tis what mine has.

Nice AU you've picked up, and welcome to the forums. I've had mine just over the 2 month mark (and counting!) and these forums are fantastic, its a credit to the Ford badge that they have drivers so willing to help out and be "normal" instead of bitching about whose is bigger/faster/better etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluedriver
just watchout for the "bug"....
Tis the only problem I have with these forums, everyone gives you SOOOO many ideas and you just wanna do them all!!!!!

Stupid bug :(
Originally Posted by Nikked
Riksta likes VN's so much, he has the ashes of a VN in a jar on the mantle piece, a vile of VN engine oil hanging from his neck and a BT1 build plate locked up in a safe, buried under 6ft of concrete.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Day-mow
pretty much what has happened here is i trolled you. and it was fun.
Riksta is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-05-2007, 12:07 AM   #13
HLC
Audi S3

nice ride mate! same as mine. except yours has the kit, and bigger wheels!
Old 17-05-2007, 12:34 AM   #14
Linz
*SILVER SERVICE PILOT*
Donating Member1

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: For his technical submissions. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always willing to help out with good, solid advice. 

Hey Hecta, welcome mate...nice car there, my wife has the same model/colour as yours and has 38,000 kms...I'm sure you'll be more than happy with your new toy...cheers Linz.
Linz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-05-2007, 07:23 AM   #15
au2sw
Blown 5L coming

welcome hecta to the secret world of the AU. those that own one know how wonderful they are to drive and admire! those that dont....well, lets just say all in good time love your ride. you picked it up cheaper then mine, though i got tinting and 5yr warranty with 85,000 on the clock. it was stock, but as you can see in the pic, its slowly being transformed
these forums are the best for any topic that you need info on, from technical doccos - LPG forums, servicing, mods etc, to just plain old chit chat - The Pub, The Bar etc. there is also a Qld section for you (us) so you can keep up to date with whats happening near you, there are other state forums, but we dont care about that:P : j/k enjoy your AU and watch out for that dreaded bug!!!!

NEW CLUB FOR SUNSHINE COAST !! www.f-p-e.proboards.com

Contact Col (au2sw) via PM or on MSN @ efmonty@hotmail.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Hardware
Its like central locking in your car. We've all had cars without it and we were fine then, but try and take it from me? NO WAY.
au2sw is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-05-2007, 03:18 PM   #16
rennie
BA Falcon, AUII. R.I.P.

g'day mate, welcome to the site. looks like ya got yaself a pretty good deal there mate.

AUII Forte: 18 Inch Tickford Wheels, Pioneer Head Unit, Kicker Speakers, Lowered, Tinted Windows.

R.I.P.

Current: 2004 BA Silk Falcon Futura

Mods:
Tinted Windows
Wheels: RJR 18" Tremors.
Sound: Soon: JVC DV7205 DVD Head Unit, Blaupunkt 480W RMS 4Ch Amp x 2, Polk Momo 6.5" Splits, Polk Momo 6"x9", Pheonix Gold 1500W Mono Block Amp, Earthquake SubZero Subwoofer

rennie is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post