Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Closed Thread

Old 17-05-2007, 03:39 PM   #1
lotto

Cool What Is It About Territory Owners!!!

People that own FORS Territories-remind me of mitsibushi magna owners when they first stated putting 3.5 litre engines in them!!

There arrogant,think that there car rules the planet,and drive around like they have just bought the lastest supercar!!

I am a ford man through and through,the xr6t and the typhoons,rule!!plus love the fairmont ghias etc--

But territory yes its ok,when I went in a new one recently just to see for myself-i thought what a dissapointment,your up higher-so what-engine is good as we know -interior average like other fords,but its big cumbersome!!

I think it is either for Tryhard to be yuppie mums!! or dads who cant buy what they really want too!!

Most of then never go off road-they just go slow in the outside lane and hold up traffic!!

there ok,but nothing special!!

cheers guys mark

Old 17-05-2007, 03:43 PM   #2
T3ts50
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Its not really an offroad vehicle. I have never encountered a problem with a Territory owner myself. People buy them cause they have a nice clean design, affordable and a good family car. I personally wouldnt buy one, but thats cause im not into AWD (unless its a WRX or EVO) cars or family wagons.
Old 17-05-2007, 03:46 PM   #3
XR8-260
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I haven't had any problems with terrritory owners, but... I did see some P plater doing 140 or so on the freeway (probably his parents car anyway) :.
Old 17-05-2007, 03:48 PM   #4
Force6

I see....
Old 17-05-2007, 03:50 PM   #5
Mongoose
Can't go around corners

Ive noticed that as well. With 4wd owners in general. So im looking at buying an F-350 and jacking it up then see whos king of the road
Old 17-05-2007, 03:51 PM   #6
andrewts
White Car Driver

Never seen them to be that way. Some people need the space, or just love them! I think they are great, and most of the owners seem down to earth, but If you would care to elaborate on the problem you are having with them, we might be able to better relate our responses to your meaning.
Old 17-05-2007, 03:52 PM   #7
mcflux
Banned
Donating Member1

You'll get a lot of feedback in this sub-forum link :P

http://www.fordforums.com.au/forumdisplay.php?f=85
Old 17-05-2007, 04:00 PM   #8
XR8-260
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghia5L
You'll get a lot of feedback in this sub-forum link :P

http://www.fordforums.com.au/forumdisplay.php?f=85
rofl .
Old 17-05-2007, 04:07 PM   #9
Raptor
^^^^^^^^
Donating Member2

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For quietly going about moderating in a fair and even manner. 

Not game to post it in the Territory section huh?

For those that get the Territory no explanation is necessary.
For those that don't no explanation will suffice. :

For a start those complaining that it isn't a real 4wd just don't get it.

I brought mine cause it gives me the interior versatilty of a 4wd (SUV if you prefer) but the dynamics and performance closer to a Falcon with the added bonus of some all road capability and for occasional use 7 seats. It looks better than average. I enjoy the better view ahead thanks to the higher seating position and the slightly increased ride height means it doesn't scrape over every speed hump and bottom out on your typical aussie backroad, I've been there and done that.

It's not for everyone but it works for me.
A TT Ghia riding on 20"s would be even better :

Do you go around branding everyone with broad-brush statements like this :

Quote:
Originally Posted by lotto
.....There arrogant,think that there car rules the planet,and drive around like they have just bought the lastest supercar!!.....
I am, it does, I have

Last edited by Raptor; 17-05-2007 at 04:12 PM.
Old 17-05-2007, 04:14 PM   #10
mowog
Discovery 4

Take a pill...

I own an AWD Territory and its been off road a number of times...

And

I am one of those dads that can also afford an XR6 Turbo... As well

Now you go have lie down and a little sleep and when you wake up you might feel a little better. :
Lotus Trooper.
Mini Inspired by Goodwood.
Old 17-05-2007, 04:17 PM   #11
rodderz

This thread isnt gonna end up a happy place...

The problem isnt with territory owners, it's with attitudes, no matter what the make of car. There's a whole bunch of idiot drivers amonsgt all car owners
Closed Thread