Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 07-05-2007, 03:24 PM   #1
Futura01
horsepower

Default exhaust vibrations help ?

Need advice on what to do !!!!
I have a 2.5" custom exhaust setup that was installed by liverpool exhaust's.
My problem is when i come to a stop at a set of lights for example,i begin to get vibrations through the whole car,like exhaust shaking and causing vibrations.
I have since took it back to them and complained,and they said there was no problem with the exhaust touching any part of the undercarriage.
So i then took it to Australia's best for a check, and they said" it was a defective resonator" so i got that changed.
BUT IT STILL DOES THE VIBRATIONS ON AND OFF only in drive or reverse now???????? doesnt do it in neutral

Any body else have this problem ???

Futura01 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-05-2007, 05:01 PM   #2
HLC
Audi S3

its the idle.

mine does that as well. it idles slightly too low. im running a lukey 2.5" cat back exhaust.

you need to clean the ISC (idle speed control) valve and it should come good again. for the time being, when you stop at lights, keep a very small amount of throttle on just to keep the idle up.

if you notice, the car idles at higher revs in neutral.
Old 07-05-2007, 05:32 PM   #3
Futura01
horsepower

thanks HLC, yeah thats what i think it might be as well !!!
will cleaning the ISC help at all though ????
Old 08-05-2007, 02:36 AM   #4
janek
Ripping it up

my zorst was from livo exhausts too... nice and loud. it turned out the problem was when the engine decelerated, the pipe rattled on my irs diff. zorst rubber and some braided wire fixed that
janek is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-05-2007, 08:43 AM   #5
HLC
Audi S3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Futura01
thanks HLC, yeah thats what i think it might be as well !!!
will cleaning the ISC help at all though ????
well it gets clogged up with **** (apparently- im too lazy to clean mine) and this can affect the idle speed. so cleaning it out should make it come good again.
Old 15-05-2007, 08:06 PM   #6
lpgguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Futura01
Need advice on what to do !!!!
I have a 2.5" custom exhaust setup that was installed by liverpool exhaust's.
My problem is when i come to a stop at a set of lights for example,i begin to get vibrations through the whole car,like exhaust shaking and causing vibrations.
I have since took it back to them and complained,and they said there was no problem with the exhaust touching any part of the undercarriage.
So i then took it to Australia's best for a check, and they said" it was a defective resonator" so i got that changed.
BUT IT STILL DOES THE VIBRATIONS ON AND OFF only in drive or reverse now???????? doesnt do it in neutral

Any body else have this problem ???
Yeah! Futura 01, I had the same problem with my 97 Honda Integra - I found out what it was. It came from there being too much (compressive) tension along the exhaust line. In my case it came from reversing my car and the rear muffler catching on the edge of some concrete driveway. Same as you also, only did it when in auto gear because this puts more tension on the exhaust line and therefore on the exhaust hook up points and therefore it makes the whole body vibrate. You probably have fixed it up, but if not, the way to fix it is to hang the exhaust free of the hook up points along the car floor (underbody) and if the vibration is gone, then its definitely the exhaust tension. The original installer should oxy torch the exhaust at a point or two and bend the pipe a little to take the tension off, so it doesn't push up against the motor/gearbox as hard as before, transfering vibrations to the hook ups/body.
lpgguy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-05-2007, 12:13 AM   #7
GK
Walking with God

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

Just in case you want to clean the ISC valve. I clean mine every few months or so, quick and easy job.

Sorry if you already know how to do this, just offering help.

Cleaning ISC Valve
http://www.fordforums.com.au/showpos...9&postcount=43

Cheers,

GK

2015 Kia Sorento Platinum - Snow White Pearl

2001 Ducati Monster 900Sie - Red

Now gone!
1999 AU1 Futura Wagon - Sparkling Burgundy
On LPG

Want a Full Life? John 10:10
GK is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-05-2007, 04:40 PM   #8
Futura01
horsepower

thanks GK , i did the ISC and it's still plays funny buggers, and it's even starting to drop and pick up revs at idle in gear, i have checked plugs,leads are new,coil seems perfect and i am thinking it might be a battery issue or unichip needs a retune to even out the idle in gears
Old 17-05-2007, 04:58 PM   #9
StealthAu
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Clean or replcae your oxy sensor, I'll put money on it
StealthAu is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-05-2007, 09:52 PM   #10
Futura01
horsepower

will oxy sensor cause it to idle bad ??