Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 18-05-2007, 04:31 PM   #1
rap

Default Help!

Hello,

Does anyone know if the BA or BF scuff plates will fit on my AU XR6?

Also, im looking to put better speakers in the front doors can anyone tell me how to get the door trim off. It also has electric windows if that makes any difference?

Cheers.

rap is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-05-2007, 04:34 PM   #2
Casper
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
Contributing Member

Front scuff plates fit perfectly, I have them in mine. Rears dont fit without modification (not worth the effort usually).

Not sure about the door trim though, never had to do it.

Now in Euro-Trash. VW Coupe V6 4motion.
Casper is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-05-2007, 04:36 PM   #3
rap

thanks
Old 18-05-2007, 04:45 PM   #4
Umineko
Karasu

The door trime have 2 screws at the bottom which are covered by plastic caps and a couple of other screws up each side, you will also need to remove the bezel around the interior door handle which just clips in to place and the power window switch plate which also presses into place with steel clips and unplug the switches, once you have all the screws out (I usually run my fingers around the edges just to make sure) gently lever the bottom corner outwards, once you can get your fingers under it give it a firm pull and the clips will let go, holding the bottom edge out a bit lift upwards on the lower back corner to lift the trim out of the recess at the top of the door and pull it out and backwards, unplug the power mirror control (if fitted) and the door courtesy lights (if fitted) and that about it. You should be able to leave the inner foam sound deadener in place
Umineko is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-05-2007, 04:53 PM   #5
rap

cheers for the info
Old 18-05-2007, 09:56 PM   #6
blu falc
acclaimed user

you will also need to remove the two 10mm nuts, one is behind a plug next to the handle, the other is behind the handle cup.

Factory speaker size is 5x7 but you can fit 6.5" if you make a baffle and the magnet isn't too deep
blu falc is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post