Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 23-05-2007, 10:39 PM   #1
aye you
The Origional, The Best

Default them flebay headlights

i know im gonna get flamed for asking this, but does anyone have pics of those XR style headlights for the AU, on an AU?

just curious to see what they look like

Lowerage on KingSprings Lows | Engine...Period | Sounds System

I Use And Recommend F1 Tyres And Wheels On The Gold Coast

Proud Supporter of Beat The Heat (NT)
aye you is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-05-2007, 10:51 PM   #2
FGII-XR6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

these are the black ones i have on my car once adjusted properly (not an easy job) they give better light and less glare http://www.fordforums.com.au/attachm...chmentid=30431 http://www.fordforums.com.au/attachm...chmentid=30414
FGII-XR6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-05-2007, 10:53 PM   #3
aye you
The Origional, The Best

got a pic further back? by anychance

Old 24-05-2007, 06:25 AM   #4
au2sw
Blown 5L coming

i actually dont mind them, cheaper option then going the full xr set up. but as au3xr6 mentioned, they are damn hard to adjust correctly. ive been thinking of getting the chrome ones, would go better with the white IMO

NEW CLUB FOR SUNSHINE COAST !! www.f-p-e.proboards.com

Contact Col (au2sw) via PM or on MSN @ efmonty@hotmail.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Hardware
Its like central locking in your car. We've all had cars without it and we were fine then, but try and take it from me? NO WAY.
au2sw is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-05-2007, 07:53 AM   #5
The Dok
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by aye you
i know im gonna get flamed for asking this, but does anyone have pics of those XR style headlights for the AU, on an AU?

just curious to see what they look like
Read posts 6-7-9-13 here http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=99930 before making a decision about these after market nasties.
Old 24-05-2007, 03:22 PM   #6
FGII-XR6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dok
Read posts 6-7-9-13 here http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=99930 before making a decision about these after market nasties.
the earlier ones were a problem but they have sorted those dramas now i have the black ones and my GF has silcer on her white car no problems with either once adjusted correctly that is with normal not HID lamps and as i it understand HID is illegal in cars not manufactured with them anyhow they are not "aftermarket nasties" mine are of high quality and i would recomend them to anyone but don't get them from ebay as some of them are cheap and nasty get them from a reputable bodt panel wholesaler
Old 24-05-2007, 03:44 PM   #7
The Dok
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by au3xr6
they are not "aftermarket nasties" mine are of high quality
"High quality" Taiwanese product, sounds like an "oxymoron" to me..........
Old 24-05-2007, 05:21 PM   #8
FGII-XR6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
"High quality" Taiwanese product, sounds like an "oxymoron" to me..........
I can remember when made in Japan meant crap but things changed made in japan now means high quality. there are still crap things from taiwan but there are now quality Taiwanese products as well. Like many nations trying to develop industry they start with low quality high volume to get production rolling but as the business improves the quality of materials and manufacture improves. Taiwan is at this stage now there are some shonky operators still but there are some manufacturers that are trying to compete with quality by making products that stand up to scrutiny. Generalisations like this only serve to delay the development of nations such as this. I have installed this product and I have only 1 issue and that is they are a bit fiddly to adjust but once adjusted they are A1
Old 24-05-2007, 06:29 PM   #9
The Dok
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by au3xr6
I can remember when made in Japan meant crap but things changed made in japan now means high quality. there are still crap things from taiwan but there are now quality Taiwanese products as well. Like many nations trying to develop industry they start with low quality high volume to get production rolling but as the business improves the quality of materials and manufacture improves. Taiwan is at this stage now there are some shonky operators still but there are some manufacturers that are trying to compete with quality by making products that stand up to scrutiny. Generalisations like this only serve to delay the development of nations such as this. I have installed this product and I have only 1 issue and that is they are a bit fiddly to adjust but once adjusted they are A1
You can fly the Taiwanese flag all you like, but when you make the statement "if you want to improve the glare and get better light fit alteza headlights they look GR8 and perform better" expect some criticism, (a ill-conceived statement at best). The FACT is when it come to manufacturing headlights they are poor quality in every aspect & should be banned from entering the country. In my 18 years in the industry, I have seen NO evidence of improvement, disassemble a few, then you'll know what I'm referring to. You get what you pay for....... :togo:
Old 24-05-2007, 06:47 PM   #10
FGII-XR6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
You can fly the Taiwanese flag all you like, but when you make the statement "if you want to improve the glare and get better light fit alteza headlights they look GR8 and perform better" expect some criticism, (a ill-conceived statement at best). The FACT is when it come to manufacturing headlights they are poor quality in every aspect & should be banned from entering the country. In my 18 years in the industry, I have seen NO evidence of improvement, disassemble a few, then you'll know what I'm referring to. You get what you pay for....... :togo:
i drive with them and have seen a considerable improvement i have had my partner driving behind me and experienced less glare than a standard AU so it is not an ill conceived statement my experience had been good with 2 sets and i stand by my recomendation
Old 24-05-2007, 06:55 PM   #11
Mark One
A humorous statement

Everyone always argues with you when its about lights The Dok :P I have those lights, You may be right about them. But my ones seems to work alright.

S

Quote:
Originally Posted by HLC
not using the search button makes the baby jesus cry.
Mark One is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-05-2007, 07:10 PM   #12
Duffman
Oh Yeah!

The only thing I cant figure out is they went to all that work to make them but then they made them so damn ugly. As for Taiwan wasn't there a post recently that they had just started making copies of bmws/mercs that where extremely dangerous and poorly made or was that Kora, I cant remember.

The thing is if you get them from a panel shop or ebay there is only one company making them so no matter where you get them from they came out of the same factory side by side. I think the company has 'Tuning' written on the box or something like that. Luckly though they are one of the 'better' aftermarket makers, my tail lights from them lasted a while but now they are leaking after a year.
Old 24-05-2007, 08:55 PM   #13
aye you
The Origional, The Best

this is why i asked, they look wierd. as i said i was just curious

Old 24-05-2007, 10:04 PM   #14
The Dok
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark One
Everyone always argues with you when its about lights The Dok :P I have those lights, You may be right about them. But my ones seems to work alright.
There's no argument from me, when (as in this thread) a member requires an opinion, I'm speaking from my own experience (as a repairer), but there are also plenty of members that will testify from their own experience as buyers/users that these poor quality copies have a very short lifespan (leaking/melted looms/yellow lenses/burnt reflectors/broken adjusters/poor alignment, just like "genuine" Commodore headlights that have been made in Sth Korea since 1994).
Duffman is 1 of many also speaking from (his own) experience, it would be remiss of me not to put forward my experience.

au3xr6, I'm not attacking you, please don't take my comments personally, I'm respectful of your opinion & realistically, if you're happy with your purchase, it doesn't matter what anyone says I think.
Old 24-05-2007, 10:39 PM   #15
5tumpy
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

There ya go mate!
5tumpy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-05-2007, 11:39 PM   #16
BLACKAUXR8
Young !@#$ Head

There is a simple solution to this whole problem. Buy an XR!!! lol.
BLACKAUXR8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-05-2007, 11:40 PM   #17
BLACKAUXR8
Young !@#$ Head

Although the pics of the series 1 above do look good.
BLACKAUXR8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post