Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 11-06-2007, 09:08 PM   #1
fomoco3628

Default mustang au interior

Just browsing through other part of ford forums and i came across this
mustang
the owner done a pretty good job.

fomoco3628 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-06-2007, 06:37 AM   #2
Bucknaked
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I saw this car at the Summernats. I have pics somewhere.
Bucknaked is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-06-2007, 07:31 AM   #3
Mechan1k
Donating Member1

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Brings a wealth of knowledge to the forums and is frequently giving helpful advice. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always willing to help out with technical information. 

It's a pretty damn clean install ... very retro-tech indeed.
Mechan1k is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-06-2007, 01:51 PM   #4
ClassicAU
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Thats got to be one of the most awesome installs i have ever seen!! I love retro-tech cars!! Hmmm, i wonder if an AUIII inerior will fit in an XY........:P
ClassicAU is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-06-2007, 01:56 PM   #5
Lukeyson
Right out sideways

back in 1999 at a car show i saw a XY with an EL ghia interior, looked like it came from the factory that way
Old 12-06-2007, 02:58 PM   #6
HLC
Audi S3

thats a bloody good install.

the AU interior looks very fresh in there and not dated at all like i thought it would be.
Old 12-06-2007, 03:12 PM   #7
Polyal
The 'Stihl' Man
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by XR8fella
back in 1999 at a car show i saw a XY with an EL ghia interior, looked like it came from the factory that way
Id love to see some pics of that!
  • 1999 Lexus IS200 - 1G-FE Turbo 6MT
  • 1973 ZF Ford Fairlane
Polyal is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-06-2007, 03:18 PM   #8
ClassicAU
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polyal
Id love to see some pics of that!
So would I! Actually, now that i think about it, i seem to remember there was a Purple XY GT mockup that was done as one of the first proper retro-techs. It had full EL XR8 motor and running gear, with the matching dash but XY fairmont seats. I saw it in a mag ages ago, not sure if it still gets around or not.
Old 12-06-2007, 03:28 PM   #9
StealthAu
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Theres also an XD with a BA interior, looks stock
StealthAu is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-06-2007, 03:29 PM   #10
MAFIA
Grange killer!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClassicAU
So would I! Actually, now that i think about it, i seem to remember there was a Purple XY GT mockup that was done as one of the first proper retro-techs. It had full EL XR8 motor and running gear, with the matching dash but XY fairmont seats. I saw it in a mag ages ago, not sure if it still gets around or not.
Yes you are all talking about the same car. The guy put a full EL XR8 Engind and drive train along with most of the interior. The seats were retrimed to matching grey dash. While the XR8 engine had a shaker on top so from the outside you would never had guess what was lurking beneath. Very retro indeed and street machine magazine covered this story.

Same thing for the mustang it had a AU XR8 DNA. The interior include door and dash. The whole XR8 drivetrain was transplanted in this car but one cool modification was the air intake/throttle body as it was custom made to simialar HSV setup.

INSURED BY MAFIA. YOU HIT US, WE KILL YOU!

FORD FTE AU T-SERIES CLUB OF AUSTRALIA
www.tseriesclub.org
MAFIA is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-06-2007, 09:15 PM   #11
private9
www.TUFFCARPARTS.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClassicAU
That car used to get around a fair bit, actually saw it down Lygon quite a few times. As you say, complete EL dash, steering wheel & column conversion, complete motor, ECU, box & diff conversion - retro tech at it's finest! Was a very tidy example too. I actually think it may have been silver or black though, but my memory's sketchy on that.

As for the Mustang with the AU interior, each to their own, but I'm certainly not a fan of it. IMO the AU shapes & lines simply do not suit the style of the car at all. I can certainly appreciate though the level of workmanship that's gone into that conversion, it's no mean feat, that's for sure!
private9 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-06-2007, 10:35 AM   #12
ClassicAU
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bucknaked
I saw this car at the Summernats. I have pics somewhere.
Don't suppose you could dig them up at all could you? I wouldn't mind seeing some pics of the engine bay if you have any, sounds very interesting.
Old 13-06-2007, 06:16 PM   #13
onfire
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I was hoping to see a mid 90s Mustang interior in an AU.

onfire is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-06-2007, 06:57 PM   #14
au2sw
Blown 5L coming

Quote:
Originally Posted by stockoau
Theres also an XD with a BA interior, looks stock
yeah, i saw that in performance ford mag last edition. mark said he was going to get the write up on it soon. last count was 300hrs put into it just to fit the interior!!! as for the 'stang, looks great. ahhh if only ford had produced a 2 door convertable AU.....we'd all be in heaven. : since the Hillier boys did a great job with the Arrow coupe, perhaps someone could convince them to do a soft top?

NEW CLUB FOR SUNSHINE COAST !! www.f-p-e.proboards.com

Contact Col (au2sw) via PM or on MSN @ efmonty@hotmail.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Hardware
Its like central locking in your car. We've all had cars without it and we were fine then, but try and take it from me? NO WAY.
au2sw is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post