Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 10-06-2007, 03:27 AM   #1
DirtyHarry
Do you feel lucky?

Default Replacing Console Light Globes

I have a Fairmont so it's the high series dash.

I have to replace the globes behind the lock, t/c and demister buttons. How do I do this? Do I have to pop off the trim?

Thanks.

DirtyHarry is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-06-2007, 03:32 PM   #2
sheppy

I'm also interested in this, any help would be appreciated
Old 10-06-2007, 04:24 PM   #3
HLC
Audi S3

you pop off the surround/trim piece. the long skinny oval thing just around the buttons not the whole thing.

i used a small flat blade screwdriver.

then you have access to the buttons. i cant remember exactly how to get the buttons out, but im sure it was very easy. i think it was 2 clips/buttons on the side of the buttons and you just squeezed them and pulled.

then once that is done, you look at the top of the button and there is a little circle lookin thing.

thats the light globe. grab your flat blade screwdriver again, and unscrew/twist the light out.

thos are really dodgy instructions. sorry lol. its been a while since ive pulled those buttons out so im a bit hazy on the details.
Old 10-06-2007, 09:51 PM   #4
DirtyHarry
Do you feel lucky?

Quote:
Originally Posted by HLC
you pop off the surround/trim piece. the long skinny oval thing just around the buttons not the whole thing.

i used a small flat blade screwdriver.
Thanks HLC, any tabs or lugs on the trim that I have to be careful I don't snap?
DirtyHarry is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-06-2007, 10:39 AM   #5
HLC
Audi S3

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtyHarry
Thanks HLC, any tabs or lugs on the trim that I have to be careful I don't snap?
nah not really. maybe on the trim that directly surrounds the buttons. but thats about it.
Old 11-06-2007, 12:59 PM   #6
blk_frmnt
ẶЦ ╒ǻІґмΩאַâ€*

OK. I just went and pulled out one of my globes that has died. This is what I've ended up with:

Does the blue thing come out of the black plastic? It's stuck in there really hard and I don't want to break it. Also, where did you buy your new globes?
blk_frmnt is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-06-2007, 06:28 PM   #7
HLC
Audi S3

the blue thing is a little silicon boot, or condom as some people call it. it goes over the globe which is a really yellow halogen and the blue boot makes it appear white.

i dont know of any after market globes that fit in the buttons

but you can wire up LED's to go in there. ill be tackling that shortly.
Old 13-06-2007, 09:17 PM   #8
Brisbane ghia

I bought mine from repco $2.50 i think, however the contacts on the aftermarket globes need to be bent up so they make contact with the switch. oh yeah i had to pull the blue condom off and put it on the aftermarket globe, after two globe failures i got ford genuine for $5.00.
Brisbane ghia is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post