Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 15-07-2007, 01:13 AM   #31
robbo_yobbo
Kick out tha Jams

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRJUCY
I believe they charge you on what you blew at the station anyway, I've heard of people blowing just over at the road side but being let go because by the time they get to the station they're under anyway. Can't say I feel sorry for you but I guess if I mucked up & got done I'd try anything I could.
Thats because they have to take the lowest reading - which not so coincidently is always the station reading because its done later - except in this case.

If the roadside reading is lower then the station reading then they have to go by the roadside reading. the problem lies in the question "if the recorded readings are correct, then why were you back at the station in the first place" - if you can somehow spin that one in your favour, you should be clear - or at least on your way.
Old 15-07-2007, 08:40 AM   #32
Rhubarb

Irrespective of the outcome, you should consider yourself lucky. You're not dead and neither is anyone else as a result of your actions. I hope you learn your lesson which you appear to have.

Now (removing hat of responsibility) fortunately I have never been arrested for anything but I have always wondered if I was ever given the old "anything you say, can and will be used against you in a court of law", would I have the guts to say "Please stop beating me officer" or perhaps "no I will not give you money to get off this charge". Somehow I doubt it.
Rhubarb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-07-2007, 08:48 AM   #33
TheSneakiness
Adapt or perish...

Quote:
Originally Posted by RIPGMH
If the official recorded roadside figure was under the legal limit then why were you at the station. Its like people that get off on stuff because the police didn't have a warrant. If it shows you were under the limit initially then you shouldn't have been taken to the police station regardless of if its a cockup or not.
My point exactly.

Also, Yellow_Festiva brings up a good point about that murder case. A missing staple could set those guys free. Moving a decimal point over could get you off this drink driving charge.

Just so everyone knows I do not condone drink/drug driving.
Old 15-07-2007, 08:49 AM   #34
flappist
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

www.aff.pedestriancouncil.wowser.supportgroup.com. au/sanctomonius-whingers
flappist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-07-2007, 09:14 AM   #35
The G6ET Spot
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Axe
Moving a decimal point over could get you off this drink driving charge.
Definately get yourself a lawyer. he will argue that if the police don't know which reading is correct to put on the charge sheet, that how do they know that the reading is correct anyway. Don't ask how I know this,but trust me I do _2:

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Axe

Also, Yellow_Festiva brings up a good point about that murder case. A missing staple could set those guys free.
All because someone forgot to staple the file closed. What a joke. A good case for capital punishment I say.
The G6ET Spot is offline   Reply With Quote