Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 19-05-2007, 01:00 PM   #1
XR6Stu

Default An apology

I want to apologise to all on this forum, and anyone reading this thread. Yesterday afternoon on my way back to work from lunch I was pulled over doing 107 in a 50 zone. It was a stupid and dangerous speed to be driving at, and if someone had of walked onto the road in front of me without looking, it would have been a tragedy. It makes everyone else with our level of interest in our cars look bad, and is a case of the minority making it hard for the majority.

XR6Stu is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-05-2007, 01:02 PM   #2
LUXO_8
windsor user

glad to see you apologise, but what were you thinking doing that speed in a 50 zone?.....roads are 50 designated for a reason???..

how long is your holiday from the roads?
LUXO_8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-05-2007, 01:07 PM   #3
RG
Back to Le Frenchy

Quote:
Originally Posted by MADNC_8
glad to see you apologise, but what were you thinking doing that speed in a 50 zone?.....roads are 50 designated for a reason???..

how long is your holiday from the roads?
How long is your holiday from your car?

Silly mistake, luck you learned this lesson the easy way.
07 Renault Sport Megane F1 Team R26 #1397
RG is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-05-2007, 01:09 PM   #4
LUXO_8
windsor user

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedXR347
How long is your holiday from your car?

Silly mistake, luck you learned this lesson the easy way.
thats true, at that speed the car would be impounded yeah?...
LUXO_8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-05-2007, 01:16 PM   #5
JC
Miami Pilot
Donating Member2

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

Wow, auto loss of license, car confiscated...you really screwed up big time. Good to see you are remorseful though, and hopefully lesson learnt, though it will not be cheap.
Mods: Tune, HSD/ShockWorks, black GT335 19” staggered replicas with 245 & 275/35/19 Michelin Pilot sport 5s

Daily: BF2 Fairmont Ghia I6 ZF, machine face GT335 19” staggered Replicas with 245s and 275s, Bilsteins & Kings

FPV 335 build stats: <click here>

Ford Performance Club ACT
JC is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-05-2007, 01:43 PM   #6
Umineko
Karasu

Not a smart move considering this weeks road toll in Vic, between the fine, loss of licence and car it's gonna hurt... but not as much as wrapping your car around a pole or worse, some kid. Glad to see you've learnt from this.
Umineko is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-05-2007, 02:40 PM   #7
JeffAU1
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Mate i bet ur just glad no one was hurt, including you !

But after what speed do they impound your car ? and how long do they impound it for ?
Old 19-05-2007, 02:50 PM   #8
ronwest
All Bran = Regular Member

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

Quote:
Originally Posted by XR6Stu
Yesterday afternoon on my way back to work from lunch I was pulled over doing 107 in a 50 zone. It was a stupid and dangerous speed to be driving at, and if someone had of walked onto the road in front of me without looking, it would have been a tragedy.
Consider the costs in relation to fines etc a cheap lesson.

You were a tragedy in a hurry to happen.
ronwest is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-05-2007, 03:07 PM   #9
Melz
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

It takes a huge amount of guts to come onto here and admit you were speeding, and the consequences could have been a lot worse. But a lesson learned... The main thing is, when you eventually get back behind the wheel you will know better than to speed.
(I sooo sounded like my mother then...)
Melz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-05-2007, 03:19 PM   #10
GlennBA
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

stupid.. you won't be doing that in a hurry again.
GlennBA is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-05-2007, 05:11 PM   #11
XR6Stu

Holiday from my car is 48 hours, and a $300 fee to get it back out again. Once Ive been through the court system, I will receive MINUMUM of 12 months loss of licence, and a $470-ish dollar fine, possibly more. As for what I was thinking, it was a moment of stupidy with a mate in the car, Im just bloody glad it was nothing worse. If something had of happened, I would be in jail for culpable driving. Not too sure what the speed they impoud is, I believe it is 40k's or over...? Someone may be able to correct me on that. Lesson has been learnt the hard way, and I will shortly be selling my car, which I had been thinking of doing anyway.
Old 19-05-2007, 05:55 PM   #12
blk_frmnt
ẶЦ ╒ǻІґмΩאַâ€*

I am certainly no advocate of speeding, but 12 months loss of license is grotesque. As is the 'triple-punishment' approach. Are we going to execute murderers 3 times now??
blk_frmnt is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-05-2007, 06:22 PM   #13
congo3sr

Red face

Quote:
I want to apologise to all on this forum, and anyone reading this thread. Yesterday afternoon on my way back to work from lunch I was pulled over doing 107 in a 50 zone. It was a stupid and dangerous speed to be driving at, and if someone had of walked onto the road in front of me without looking, it would have been a tragedy. It makes everyone else with our level of interest in our cars look bad, and is a case of the minority making it hard for the majority.
Stu,we all make mistakes.
cop it on the chin,and move on.
cheers
congo3sr is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-05-2007, 07:17 PM   #14
Diesel Dog
Banned

Quote:
Holiday from my car is 48 hours, and a $300 fee to get it back out again. Once Ive been through the court system, I will receive MINUMUM of 12 months loss of licence, and a $470-ish dollar fine, possibly more. As for what I was thinking, it was a moment of stupidy with a mate in the car, Im just bloody glad it was nothing worse. If something had of happened, I would be in jail for culpable driving. Not too sure what the speed they impoud is, I believe it is 40k's or over...? Someone may be able to correct me on that. Lesson has been learnt the hard way, and I will shortly be selling my car, which I had been thinking of doing anyway.
The punishment is not automatic. Given the harshness of the system and the ramifications that last up to ten years I very much recommend consulting a solicitor and if possible barrister to conduct a defence. You do NOT have to take it on the chin. I'm not condoning what you have done but the laws are too harsh these days (you'll get more than a robber or thief) and you have the right to fight for your own cause.
Diesel Dog is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-05-2007, 09:05 PM   #15
GK
Walking with God

Quote:
Originally Posted by congo3sr
Stu,we all make mistakes.
cop it on the chin,and move on.
cheers
It was silly! It could have been a disaster. Thank God it wasn't. Lesson learned. Gutsy apology given. Everyone makes mistakes.

Apology accepted, not that you owed us one, but I admire you for doing so.

Chin up.

GK

2015 Kia Sorento Platinum - Snow White Pearl

2001 Ducati Monster 900Sie - Red

Now gone!
1999 AU1 Futura Wagon - Sparkling Burgundy
On LPG

Want a Full Life? John 10:10
GK is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-05-2007, 09:32 PM   #16
au2sw
Blown 5L coming

kudos to you XR6Stu. it takes guts to admit your in the wrong, even more guts to say it on here when no would be any wiser if you hadnt said anything. i believe if you accept fault and agree with mr plod, he will more often then not be as leinant as he possibly can. it also seems to help if he got laid the night before any way, good luck with everything...hope it all works out for you with out to much hassle.

NEW CLUB FOR SUNSHINE COAST !! www.f-p-e.proboards.com

Contact Col (au2sw) via PM or on MSN @ efmonty@hotmail.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Hardware
Its like central locking in your car. We've all had cars without it and we were fine then, but try and take it from me? NO WAY.
au2sw is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-05-2007, 03:04 PM   #17
Black S

$470 fine WHAT!!!
In NSW if your caught doing 45km+ its up to the cops decision to either suspend you licence on the spot or issue you with a fine of $1500+ and once you pay the fine its an auotmatic 6 months loss of licence. IF you appeal in a court and lose the fine and suspension can be doubled!
Black S is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-05-2007, 05:36 PM   #18
FGII-XR6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

glad you escaped with just your pride and wallet hurt could have been a lot worse good work owning up to what you did it show some character good luck
FGII-XR6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-05-2007, 06:28 PM   #19
T3man
Banned

Quote:
You don't owe me any apology.

I dunno what the road conditions were at the time - only you can make a value judgement whether what you did was dangerous. From what you have said it seems you haven't harmed anyone at this stage except yourself. Consider it lucky and move on. Don't beat yourself up over it.

I agree with 50km/h zones in residential areas where there are parked cars in narrow streets and high volume of pedestrian traffic.

But I see so many totally ridiculous 50 km/h zones that I can readily understand how many drivers tend towards having nothing but total contempt towards them. There are country towns in NSW with 50km/h zones (on majoy highways passing through the town) for hundreds of metres either side of the town's outer boundaries where there is no reseidential land within cooee. And to make it even more stupid they don't have a buffer zone (70 or 80 km/h) to break traffic down slowly from the 100 or 110 zone. Is it any wonder that people get caught "speeding" in this type of situation??? And does nothing to enhance credibility!!!
T3man is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-07-2007, 03:14 PM   #20
XR6Stu

Just an update on this, I attended court this morning, and was in front of the judge at approx 11.30. I received a 12 months suspension, and a $300 fine, both of which is the minumum for either part of punishment. Thanks to all who wished me luck, and to everyone on and off the forum to offered support and stood by me.
Old 17-07-2007, 03:18 PM   #21
DJM83
Barra Turbo > V8
Donating Member3

No need to apologise mate you dont owe it to us only yourself. I to was caught about 4 years ago doing 114 in a 60 zone 6mth loss of license and $1515 fine. I felt the same as you and mine involved another car to but the car next to me was smart enough to slow down (still fined none the less). Glad you learnt your very 'cheap' lesson and you get on with life
Old 17-07-2007, 03:20 PM   #22
DJM83
Barra Turbo > V8
Donating Member3

Quote:
Just an update on this, I attended court this morning, and was in front of the judge at approx 11.30. I received a 12 months suspension, and a $300 fine, both of which is the minumum for either part of punishment. Thanks to all who wished me luck, and to everyone on and off the forum to offered support and stood by me.
RE my above post, it doesnt end there mate if you own or intened on owning a nice/performance car you will continue to pay for it in insurance for some years yet
Old 17-07-2007, 07:14 PM   #23
TE50 027
Tickford Tough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diesel Dog
The punishment is not automatic. Given the harshness of the system and the ramifications that last up to ten years I very much recommend consulting a solicitor and if possible barrister to conduct a defence. You do NOT have to take it on the chin. I'm not condoning what you have done but the laws are too harsh these days (you'll get more than a robber or thief) and you have the right to fight for your own cause.
You certainly do have the right to appeal, but you'd want to think twice about it in QLD. The cops are taking barristers, solicitors, expert witnesses and a whole bunch of cops to the appeal hearings, costing them $10k+, then, by the sounds of it, passing that cost onto you if you fail. Sunday Mail said some bloke paid $35k in a failed appeal for a $800 fine for 145kmh in a 100kmh zone. Ouch!!

Sorry for hijack
TE50 027 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-07-2007, 07:51 PM   #24
private9
www.TUFFCARPARTS.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diesel Dog
Sorry, but how is a small fine and a 12 month loss of license too harsh for doing 107 in a 50 zone? At that speed, in those conditions 1 small thing could lead to multiple loss of lives.

Not saying I've never done anything stupid, and good on you Stu for realising the error of your ways. At least you've learnt your lesson the easy way.
private9 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-07-2007, 08:24 PM   #25
bingoTE50
Steve

G'day buddy ,

I see your 22 yrs old , and you made a error in judgement . Don't stress , a lesson is learned and thankfully no one was injured . If I told you some of the dumb things I did in my younger days , your effort would pale in comparison. This no excuse for you or me ... but mate at the end of the day , you have not affected us personally ,so no apology needed in my opinion .Buti If it helped clear your conscience , thats good ..
Do yourself a favour when you are more financial and back in the saddle ,and do a Driver Training day.... Tell your mates about what you learned regarding driving safely ,and hopefully when your a passenger , and the driver gives it some !! , you have the courage and knowledge to say no .. slow down .... and make a stand..
bingoTE50 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-07-2007, 08:33 PM   #26
Mark351
Built Ford Tough

Your insurance bills will hurt more too, hard lesson to learn.
Mark351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post