Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 11-07-2007, 09:33 PM   #1
ClassicAU
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default I got badged!!

Some pathetic little sob has gone an badged my car!! :jab: Came home from work today, and my brother asked me if i noticed what happened to my car? I didn't even realise, as they took the Intech badge on the passengers side guard. Must have happened while i was in the gym. Who the hell steals a standard Intech badge anyway?!? Now all i have is the left over glue where the badge was. Whats the best way to clean it off without scratching or damaging the paint? I am going to have to remove the other one now. I seem to remember heat and fishing line is the best method? Not happy!

Evan

ClassicAU is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-07-2007, 09:39 PM   #2
private9
www.TUFFCARPARTS.com

I find a hair dryer and a soft plastic spatula best. Then just use a bit of eucalyptus oil to clean up what's left.

Might be worth just getting another badge from Ford, IMO that badge really finishes the look of the car side on. Seen a few around debadged, and they just looked a little incomplete to me.
private9 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-07-2007, 09:54 PM   #3
Whitey-AMG
AWD Assassin

Yep, EUCALYPTUS oil or there's an awesome product called De-SOLV-iT.
You can buy it from BUNNINGS, works awesome..........everytime.

BUG and TAR remover also kinda works if you get stuck.......
Whitey-AMG is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-07-2007, 10:25 PM   #4
nikos
mezzo forte

That is pretty low - why would someone do that and not the blue oval? Maybe some lowlife lost their own and nicked yours. Or maybe it fell off!
nikos is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-07-2007, 10:34 PM   #5
Silentsfastcar

Normally they dont just 'fall off' some little tard would have stolen it just for the kick of it!
Old 12-07-2007, 12:19 AM   #6
Hords
Treasure your balls?

I took my Intech badges off yonks ago. A much cleaner look IMHO.
Old 12-07-2007, 12:37 AM   #7
samftr
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Went to gympie a few months ago and some little bugger has screwdrivered the badges off the ba and bf xr6 turbos etc. so there is scratches in the paint etc.
lowlife scumbags!

Felcen!
samftr is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-07-2007, 12:50 PM   #8
Peuty
Afterburner + skids =
Donating Member1

Quote:
Originally Posted by hords
I took my Intech badges off yonks ago. A much cleaner look IMHO.
I tend to agree...

But yes, De-solve_it works a treat. And heat the other badge with a hairdryer or heat gun or similar and use the fishing line. You might even get lucky and just be able to pull the badge off with the heat.

Oo\===/oO
Peuty is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-07-2007, 01:06 PM   #9
ST
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I really hate the people that do this, especially with the screwdriver. The other day someone tried to take my mums custom plates off her xr6T, I don't even know why; they had her initials and then xr6t in custom green. Who would want that?

Also Intech badges? How do I get a hold of these? I'd much rather these than the el-cheapo stickers.
Old 12-07-2007, 02:38 PM   #10
groops

Arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrgh!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!! :

This is my 2nd biggest pet hate....just short of kids running their hands down the side of my nicely polished car. I mean if the owner, like myself, decided to 'de-badge' their own car, that's all well and good, but FFS...taking badges of peoples cars is low. I recently had my little blind spot mirror taken from mine...a $2 blind spot mirror...GAH.

Mike
groops is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-07-2007, 03:29 PM   #11
J.O

little basteds. This is right up there with parking next to my car in a completely empty (or close to it) carpark. : <-----My personal pet peeve

Most people do the right thing but there are those d1ks who fling the doors open. There was this one lady who hit my car with her door while i was in the car and just walked off. She's just lucky there was no damage, hell hath no fury like a ford fanatic p1sed off!

Why can't people just respect other people's property???
  Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-07-2007, 03:33 PM   #12
GlennBA
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Remove all your badges, looks better anyways. I had the forte badge screwdrivered off my au when i had it. Scratched the paint quite bad. Bug and tar remover will get the glue off.
GlennBA is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-07-2007, 07:51 PM   #13
ClassicAU
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Thanks for the replies guys, i just cant understand what would motivate someone to do that! I mean, its not as if they are rare or interesting badges? :

My initial thought was to remove the drivers side badge and replace them both with Tickford wings. Then i remembered that i NOTHING about my car is Tickford, so that would be sad!
I have been toying with the idea of totally debadging the entire car. I agree with Glenn, would look a lot cleaner. The 'classic' stickers can be removed in the same way as the glue i'm guessing? I will have a better look at it on the weekend.

Evan
Old 12-07-2007, 08:06 PM   #14
superroo
You can't stop the signal

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Has done quite a few excellent write ups for au .com 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClassicAU
My initial thought was to remove the drivers side badge and replace them both with Tickford wings. Then i remembered that i NOTHING about my car is Tickford, so that would be sad!
And my big tickford sticker on the back window isn't, or the tickford center caps?
I reckon take the intech badges off, but leave the classic stickers on. My intech stickers went long ago, it looks a little weird at first, but now it looks heaps better.
Here's the only photo i can find of my sideish with stickers removed (that reminds me, must clean car and take some photo's)

Cheers
superroo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-07-2007, 08:16 PM   #15
ClassicAU
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Centre caps don't count, they came with the wheels! Neither does the sticker, thats different. Thats more like showing support for the team, like putting a footy team sticker on. Thats the way i see it anyway.
Thanks for the photo anyway dude. I will remove the other ohc badge. Just not sure if i should touch the boot also. I cant just leave one, its either all or none!
Old 12-07-2007, 08:59 PM   #16
HLC
Audi S3

i wanna swap my OHC badges with my ticky badges. but i dont want some lowlife scum lad kid stealing my badges.
Old 12-07-2007, 10:27 PM   #17
GlennBA
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
I agree with Glenn, would look a lot cleaner. The 'classic' stickers can be removed in the same way as the glue i'm guessing? I will have a better look at it on the weekend.

Evan
When i had my AU i removed the badges on the rear, and the fender INTECH OHC stickers. I also got the rear boot garnish from an AU1 so it didn't have FALCON stamped into it. Looked very smooth.
GlennBA is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-07-2007, 09:37 PM   #18
fomoco3628

My chrome valve caps and covers got nick the other day. I just put plastic black ones on. no one seems to steal those
fomoco3628 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-07-2007, 09:59 PM   #19
GK
Walking with God

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

Quote:
Evan
Ev, I put Tickford badges on my AUs and they look great IMO. If you want to do it, it's your car after all.

Your 17s are Tickford items!

Go on, do it, you know you want to! LOL!

GK

2015 Kia Sorento Platinum - Snow White Pearl

2001 Ducati Monster 900Sie - Red

Now gone!
1999 AU1 Futura Wagon - Sparkling Burgundy
On LPG

Want a Full Life? John 10:10
GK is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-07-2007, 09:52 AM   #20
ClassicAU
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Thanks GK. I must admit, they do look pretty awesome on your car! I have already stripped all but one of the 'Classic' emblems on the back door. I am happy with how it looks now, nice and clean. Especially the boot lid, i didn't think it would make such a difference!
On the other hand, i can now technically claim to having a Tickford gear box as it did come out of a XR6! :P
I think i will leave it bare for now. If i eventually come across a pair of Tickford wings i wont knock them back though.

Evan
Old 19-07-2007, 10:35 AM   #21
Mr Hardware
Flairs - Truckers Delight

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: The excellent how to on LPG jet cleaning. 

ha ha i can put tickford badges on my excab cos i have tickford factory dual fuel ahahaha
Old 19-07-2007, 01:37 PM   #22
ClassicAU
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Just a couple of poor photos i took on my phone to give an idea of what it looks like. I think i will clean it up and take a few nice shots this weekend if the weather is decent.

http://www.fordforums.com.au/showpos...&postcount=103

Evan