Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 25-07-2007, 06:24 PM   #1
JoesAu

Default Front shocks

i got some pedders shocks the other day, i was watching street fords dvd they have a section there on the au saloon cars, has anyone seen how they have the front shocks connected to the lower control arm, they have re-drilled the holes on the shocker so the control arm gets bolted to the shocker 10mm higher, would this be illegal on a street car?? i wouldnt mind doing it as it will lower the car the 10mm that i need at the front.

JoesAu is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-07-2007, 06:40 PM   #2
FGII-XR6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

that won't lower the car the spring height does that. the mod you mention just changes the suspension dynamics
FGII-XR6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-07-2007, 07:37 PM   #3
waggaclint
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

i thought you could buy pedder shocks that were shorter than a standard shock.....this way it will lower the car but you still have good travel and ride....
waggaclint is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-07-2007, 05:48 PM   #4
JoesAu

na u cant get shortened shocks for the frront. I thought the car would be lower cos the control arm is connected higher therefore the wheel comes up higher to the guard lowering the height of the vehicle. So you saying the difference in the height is just absorbed by the shocker therefor making no difference.
Old 26-07-2007, 05:54 PM   #5
FGII-XR6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

the height is governed by the overall length of the combined spring strut assembly the load is taken by the strut tower not the control arm. all the lower control arm does is hold it in the right position
Old 26-07-2007, 06:03 PM   #6
JoesAu

i see what u mean... Bugger well i think its time to get the grinder out
Old 26-07-2007, 06:14 PM   #7
FGII-XR6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

don't cut the springs it is illegal and dangerous. get proper lowered springs cutting the spring reduces the overall length of spring steel where lower springs are just compressed more. do it right and save yourself dramas