Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 25-09-2007, 06:17 PM   #61
red_hotxr6
Banned

Geez could you imagine someone with a few drinks or some drugs in there system on the road, especially in the wet....these things cant be legal..
red_hotxr6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-09-2007, 06:41 PM   #62
trick_xd
I build your wish list...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qwikcorty
2.9's to 2.0's because you had a spool? I ran 2.0's with a worn out 25 spline 2 pin lsd and cheap tyres in my old ea. im sorry , as if you are going to gain a second

Well at around 12 runs at the 1/8mile on 1 weekend and about 15 runs 2 weeks later and all I did was change to a spool ... What else could it be ??

Walkin ... The dentist was not in the car until about 2mts ago
MPH went up 7 ...
Old 25-09-2007, 06:45 PM   #63
bob^
LPS

Quote:
Originally Posted by red_hotxr6
Geez could you imagine someone with a few drinks or some drugs in there system on the road, especially in the wet....these things cant be legal..
Imagine someone with a few drinks or some drugs in their system in the wet have 2 wheels spinning with their single spinner, and then for it to drop a wheel.
Thats right, its not legal to have a few drinks or drugs in your system
:
bob^ is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-09-2007, 08:05 PM   #64
jakkes
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

i don't see what the problem is. OK out of all the people that have posted here how many have actually owned/driven(for a length of time) a car with a locked diff? mine was a daily driver never had a problem when using it in a normal manner in all weather conditions.-they don't make your car do 360's around every corner
jakkes is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-09-2007, 08:13 PM   #65
red_hotxr6
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob^
Imagine someone with a few drinks or some drugs in their system in the wet have 2 wheels spinning with their single spinner, and then for it to drop a wheel.
Thats right, its not legal to have a few drinks or drugs in your system
:
Sorry your point being?????
Old 25-09-2007, 08:48 PM   #66
bob^
LPS

My point being it's not legal for someone to drive whilst under the influence, so I don't see how you can use that in your statement.
Spools aren't that bad if you are sensible. It's the wet weather warriors (who happen to be in commodores most of the time??) that end up stacking. I'd rather know both wheels will spin, than having a single spinner that spins 2 wheels, and the suddenly drops a wheel sending you in god knows direction.
But for an everyday thing, they are a pain in the *** to drive at low speeds, especially parking.
All that said, I'd rather an LSD or a locker, over a spool.
Old 25-09-2007, 08:50 PM   #67
Falcon Coupe
Clevo Mafia Inc.

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: The exceptional contribution made to AFF over an extended period of time. Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Your tireless efforts behind the scenes in keeping AFF the place it is. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob^
My point being it's not legal for someone to drive whilst under the influence, so I don't see how you can use that in your statement.
Spools aren't that bad if you are sensible.

Spools are also Not legal.
Falcon Coupe is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-09-2007, 08:52 PM   #68
red_hotxr6
Banned

I know its not legal to do that. But that does not mean that people do not do it. They are caught every day doing it. I am just pointing out that doing it with a welded diff, a mini spool or a full spool, would be lethal.That was all.Especially if its done in wet weather.
Old 25-09-2007, 09:52 PM   #69
Interceptor
HSV - I just ate one!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RIPGMH
So they perform well enough for circuit racers but not street cars? :
how many circuit racers get driven on the road?
Old 25-09-2007, 09:55 PM   #70
bob^
LPS

Quote:
Originally Posted by red_hotxr6
I know its not legal to do that. But that does not mean that people do not do it. They are caught every day doing it. I am just pointing out that doing it with a welded diff, a mini spool or a full spool, would be lethal.That was all.Especially if its done in wet weather.
You can't stop stupid people from killing themselves I guess. Too bad they end up taking out others with them!
Old 26-09-2007, 12:33 AM   #71
trick_xd
I build your wish list...

I went for a drive in a car that was spooled and had a 3.08 diff ... it was worse going around the round'a'bouts then my car with 4.10

I would think the only reason why would be the quicker the wheels turn that would make it "spin" the inside wheel rather then "skip" the inside wheel.

At the end of the day I drive my car BUT a lot of the times I say to myself .. Damn! ! I want to take that spool out its driving me crazy (these are times I go shopping or parking )