Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Closed Thread

Old 28-09-2007, 02:35 AM   #31
OXR60W
Waz

I had an issue with cats. I didn't want to harm them, its not their fault.
I blamed and hurt the owner. the cat stopped geting on my car, spraying the wheels etc.
Old 28-09-2007, 03:43 AM   #32
Falc'man
You dig, we stick!

Curiousity didn't kill the cat... my car did. It was an accident I promise.

Best way to discard of cat is make it curious. When such curiousity is displayed by said cat it will come near to you. When in reach, grab it and be gentle to it. Take it to owner. Then advise owner of what will happen to cat if cat is in your possession once more. It will be easy to grab cat the second time because you were gentle the first time. When cat is in your gentle grasp once more, a visit to your lovely neighbour is no longer required. Use method which you threatened your neighbour with the first time. Said cat is gonski.
Problem. What to do if cat belongs to housemate.
Solution. Ask your neighbour to follow above procedure.

Edit: Must leave. I just heard a cat outside.
Old 28-09-2007, 05:25 AM   #33
normxb
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Location: Sitting on the Dunny , Contemplating "What to do Next".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yaw
Dude i am a cat lover and have 3 of them, all desexed and all purley indoor cats.
Yaw ,
We've got 2 cat's here (both De-Nutted) & 2 dogs ( 1 Wirehair Terrier , 1 Border Collie) , the cat's love having a "play" with the dogs in the back yard & have a bit of a "rumble" while the Mrs hangs the washing out , then it's back inside , one cat likes the TV , other likes the kitchen chair , so no probs there , litter tray in the laundry . We started training them when they were kittens , so they don't know any different, but it's the neighbourhood ones are the trouble .

Guy across the road , his last job of a night was to "put the cat out" ( must watch "the Flintstones" too much ) It's a real pain (or WAS) Guy 2 doors down from him started his car one morning last winter and there was one "Hell of a Noise" Mmm , you can guess what happened there . No prob's since with that one , and it wasn't the cats fault .

So our conscience is clear . but still have trouble with cat's on the car , one disappears & it get's replaced by 2+ Grrrrr .

Now for part 2 ? ? ? Guess I''ll have to start experimenting , neighbour says a bucket of Cold Water works well? .

Keeping FORDS in the family

(Embarressment :yeees: , Son now has a "Camira" : )
"Look Right , Look Left , Look Right , BEFORE crossing Roads"
Old 28-09-2007, 05:38 AM   #34
Yaw
Ford Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by normxb
Yaw ,
We've got 2 cat's here (both De-Nutted) & 2 dogs ( 1 Wirehair Terrier , 1 Border Collie) , the cat's love having a "play" with the dogs in the back yard & have a bit of a "rumble" while the Mrs hangs the washing out , then it's back inside , one cat likes the TV , other likes the kitchen chair , so no probs there , litter tray in the laundry . We started training them when they were kittens , so they don't know any different, but it's the neighbourhood ones are the trouble .

Strange you should say that, Thats the only time ours go outside also, only we have retractable leashes for them when they are outside. Our Oldest cat "Trinity" likes to roll in the dirt and then has to suffer a wash before she is allowed back inside.[IMG][/IMG]

Old 28-09-2007, 07:03 AM   #35
OzJavelin
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Both my OWN cats walk on my cars! If I see them and go out there to scold them they just run off the car scratching it in the process! Arrgghh!! Cats don't learn .. they understand but they just chose not to modify their behaviour.
Old 28-09-2007, 07:32 AM   #36
Falc'man
You dig, we stick!

Quote:
Originally Posted by OzJavelin
Both my OWN cats walk on my cars! If I see them and go out there to scold them they just run off the car scratching it in the process! Arrgghh!! Cats don't learn .. they understand but they just chose not to modify their behaviour.
Grab cats (one at a time of course) gently and grab clippers. Put cat in lap and pat. Hold cats' paw and trim all claws. Put clippers down and pick up claw file and file the cats' claws. Pat cats some more and show affection to them and love them (I know you already do this). There after if your cats are still scratching the exterior panels of car, shoot them... with an arrow of love straight from your heart, then repeat above procedure but instead of clipping the claws, rip them out... just kidding.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yaw
Strange you should say that, Thats the only time ours go outside also, only we have retractable leashes for them when they are outside. Our Oldest cat "Trinity" likes to roll in the dirt and then has to suffer a wash before she is allowed back inside.
Yaw, when you said suffer, I thought wow that cat must really suffer. For a moment there I thought you had used the Hoover to wash him.

Edit: Love the last shot.
Old 28-09-2007, 07:40 AM   #37
Neeek
65 Galaxie Hardtop

Ultimate solution? Get a dog. Let natural behaviour teach our little feline friends that nowhere is safe on your property.

Old 28-09-2007, 08:42 AM   #38
jcxr
Tribal Elder

I once "heared" of someone catching offending cat in a humane trap, and then painting it to look like a tiger!!!!
Old 28-09-2007, 09:17 AM   #39
Buddy 1
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Problem is you must be in a Bad area with a bunch of Rough Cats who in many ways are just like rough (Dumb) people & just do not know how to behave :

We have a Cat & she is well mannered, always goes to the Toilet in the Garden or Litter & never jumps on Cars as she knows that is Bad & Humans like her Parents (Us) love our cars as well.

Cannot say the same for the Boy cats that visit all the time trying to win her over, with no luck as she just will not go with any old Tom

I would try the spray that repels them from area or even hose the cats when you find them on car

And our cat spends most of her time inside & even when outside she mainly stays in our Yard & what post by XR6 girl, cannot see one in this thread however we are Cat Lovers as well Could Ya Tell.

Last edited by Buddy 1; 28-09-2007 at 09:27 AM.
Old 28-09-2007, 09:23 AM   #40
TheSneakiness
Adapt or perish...

Quote:
Originally Posted by revcore
I'm guessing XR6Gal is a cat lover.
You'd be right there.
Old 28-09-2007, 09:30 AM   #41
Buddy 1
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neeek
Ultimate solution? Get a dog. Let natural behaviour teach our little feline friends that nowhere is safe on your property.
Is Dogs I have problems with Crapping all over our Yard & if one Barks at 3AM in the Morning they all Bark, Damm Dogs!

Not to mention often while out walking Huge Ugly Dogs run at you & growl or sniff you etc when they should be on a leash.

How many Cats have you heard of attacking people lol
Old 28-09-2007, 09:41 AM   #42
gozza

Quote:
Originally Posted by revcore
The only good cat is a dead one......They are bastards of thing, And so are those that let their cats roam around of a night killing native wildlife.

you make nice additions to this thread ..............................

Im a cat lover - I have 2 and 1 thats nearly 19 years old -

You can't keep cats locked up 100% of the time - Responsible owners are still only human - Plenty of humans that need shooting before cats
Old 28-09-2007, 10:50 AM   #43
Neeek
65 Galaxie Hardtop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buddy 1
How many Cats have you heard of attacking people lol
None, but only because you can't train them to attack - they're clearly too stupid to listen to what their owners have to say to them... dogs, on the other hand, WILL listen, and CAN be trained.

PS - fortunately for we dog fans they do not need to be trained to go for cats as their Cat Chasing v5.1 software comes pre-installed from the factory...

Old 28-09-2007, 12:00 PM   #44
Buddy 1
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neeek
None, but only because you can't train them to attack - they're clearly too stupid to listen to what their owners have to say to them... dogs, on the other hand, WILL listen, and CAN be trained.

PS - fortunately for we dog fans they do not need to be trained to go for cats as their Cat Chasing v5.1 software comes pre-installed from the factory...
So you train your Dogs to attack Innocent Children walking past : & Cats make a choice to do what they want
much of the time & not what Humans want them to do so
which is smarter lol
And Crapping on other peoples lawns is another exercise in Dog Training maybe?
At least a Cat will dig a hole & cover crap over again when finished.
Guess Dogs are just too dumb or just have bad Manners lol
I am just glad that Dogs are too silly to know how to jump on cars as otherwise would be in trouble lol
Old 28-09-2007, 12:16 PM   #45
gozza

I pondered cats being smart because they don't poop in there own nest - but then it struck me i probably have other cats pooping in my yard anyway
Old 28-09-2007, 02:08 PM   #46
Buddy 1
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by gozza
I pondered cats being smart because they don't poop in there own nest - but then it struck me i probably have other cats pooping in my yard anyway
Think of it this way, have you ever seen one of these so called smarter Dogs use a Litter Tray to Poop

And again to the Original Topic, Hose them or a Super Soaker... Cats HATE water.
Old 28-09-2007, 02:30 PM   #47
Yaw
Ford Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buddy 1
Think of it this way, have you ever seen one of these so called smarter Dogs use a Litter Tray to Poop

And again to the Original Topic, Hose them or a Super Soaker... Cats HATE water.
Well maybe 99.9 % of them hate water, our youngest "Foose" will jump in the shower with you. However we do have a spray bottle for when he is naughty and he hates that! Go figure *shrugs shoulders*

P.S yes the name does come from Chip Foose
Old 28-09-2007, 03:58 PM   #48
XlR8TED

The old man has birds & used to have problems with cats, so he set up a possum trap with a tin of sardines for bait. Next morning he'd get the hose out and give 'em a proper soaking before letting them go. Things would take off at 100 miles an hour and never come back. :P

Yes it's a little cruel, but being eaten alive is cruel to the bird...so...
Old 28-09-2007, 04:09 PM   #49
wulos
Forum Director

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: All the behind-the-scenes effort. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: For his advice, tips/tricks in the Art and Photography section of the Forum. 

I think we're getting quite close to closing this thread. Unfortunately those that HATE cats & those that LOVE cats never cease in their quest to convert the other side....
Tame things down a bit or this thread will close...
Old 28-09-2007, 04:12 PM   #50
Zephyr
Old rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by vandrsxr6
Try to catch them on the car and scare the hell out of them.
Great idea, best way to get heaps of scratches on your car!!

Buy a dog!
Old 28-09-2007, 04:23 PM   #51
boss-290

So when you people drive your cars on the road, do you drive with the car cover on?

I like to see proof of a cat coauseing paint damage on a car, seriously.
Old 28-09-2007, 07:05 PM   #52
chris-cool

Dogs don't always attack cats though,

Our old dog use to come up to the cat and try and knock her over and she'd just trun around and smack him across the face and he'd run off.

We currently have 2 cats, that have never been outside since we've had them. They're 2 years old and we've had them since they were 6 weeks old. We can have the front door open and they wont even go near it lol.
I said "I'll have one of those!"
Old 28-09-2007, 07:27 PM   #53
Bucket
XR5 Pilot

I've given the Pepper Idea a go! Seems to have worked except that i cant be bothered putting pepper on my car every day...Citronella is the next one im putting to the test.
Old 28-09-2007, 08:16 PM   #54
Eaturbo
BUILT FORD TUFF

Well i know of a few cats which can kill dogs no problems, they are called Tigers,Lions,Cheaters. I have had this debate before and people seam to forget that the ultimate preditors are cats. They are all from the same Family and the Cat family will easily chase,eat and kill any dog you can mention. I would love to see the look on a dog's face when it chased a Domestic cat around the corner only to run into a Tiger in a back yard. For that scene would be priceless and for everything else theres Mastercard
Old 28-09-2007, 09:32 PM   #55
jaydee
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I heard that if you drape some chicken mesh over your car. hook it up to and old car battery they get a bit of a zap.
Don't know if it works but I think it would have a result, not sure about having chicken wire with a current going thru it sitting on your car though.
Old 28-09-2007, 10:49 PM   #56
normxb
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Location: Sitting on the Dunny , Contemplating "What to do Next".

100 to 1

Ok Norm , you have a choice , "Have you come across any of the following "

"A" = Feral Cat's ---- "B" = Useful "Semi-Pet" Cat's ---- "C" Pet Cat's .

"I'll take "B" thanks Eddie . === Clang ===

When we sold our farm in 1970 , we had approx 10 - 12 cat's & approx 15 -16 kittens , you couldn't really get near them , but they did a job , just the same as the sheep dogs , but theirs was to spend time in the shearing shed , machinery , grain and hay shed's . Mice were vary scarce around these places & all we had to do was make sure there was water around . On the same subject , If the dogs wandered into the cat's territory and there was a "scrap" , the cat's won every time . Dog's have sensitive noses & the cat's have very sharp "Claws" . Soon found the "Pecking Order"

Very good 45 people out , Would you Like another try ?

Yes thank's Eddie ,... I'll take "C" ,this Time ==== Clang ====

We had about 2-3 cat's around the house , same reason , keep the mice down , only had to supplement their diet occasionally when the mice were scarce or when we killed a sheep !

Great , another 45 out , Would you like a go at "A" ?

Naa , No thanks Eddie , Dog's kept them away .with plenty to do , never had trouble with them on the cars. ! :

= = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = =
"No" you can't have anything I've been taking , "Yes" too much TV & time on my hand's . :

Norm ....(Sorry , Just had to do something Different .) : :

Keeping FORDS in the family

(Embarressment :yeees: , Son now has a "Camira" : )
"Look Right , Look Left , Look Right , BEFORE crossing Roads"
Old 28-09-2007, 11:00 PM   #57
Rooster
Gimme Shelter

Exclamation

http://www.environment.gov.au/biodiv...cat/index.html

and for those of you out there that aren't hugging trees right now, Remember!!

when the buggers are running, give 'em about 1/2 foot lead when using 7's in the Shotgun
Old 28-09-2007, 11:13 PM   #58
Walkinshaw
Two > One

Humaine traps are the go. Capure the cats in a way that causes no harm, or major distress to the cat, definatly the way to go.

then put a block of concrete in it and throw it in the nearest lake.

Old 28-09-2007, 11:15 PM   #59
Rooster
Gimme Shelter

Thumbs up

gold dust Mr Walkinshaw...... gold dust
Closed Thread