Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 27-09-2007, 03:48 PM   #1
sly
Sly like a G6

Default Have I Wrecked my IAC?

A few weeks ago I cleaned my throttle body and IAC. Due to the gas mixer I took the TB off the manifiold to do the job. Ever since, the revs drop too low when coasting or braking to a stop, they drop to 400 rpm or less once the revs get down to 1000 or so, it's an auto BTW. On petrol the revs usually recover after stumbling a bit and it idles OK, but it stalls on LPG almost every time, consequently I have to remember to switch to petrol coming up to intersections etc. Have done ECU reset but no difference.

It seems almost as if the IAC is not opening quickly enough or is sticky. Is this possible, can I test it? What sort of life should I expect from an IAC? Mine has 320,000km up.

The Frankenfalcon... AU1.5 Wagon, BA brakes, AU2 booster, BA2 XR6T engine, stock from airbox to turbo, 8psi/98 octane tune 240RWKW, BF XR6T cat, quiet 3" zorst, Pex BSO660 & BSO439 mufflers, 84 db, built BTR box, 3.08 LSD, Emer SVI LPG, AU1 XR8 alloys, Momo wheel, JVC KDR746BT head unit, Aerpro steering wheel control wiring.

Sleeper, anyone?
sly is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-09-2007, 12:23 AM   #2
daz_

Pulled the manifold off? Is there an air leak or something?
daz_ is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-09-2007, 05:51 AM   #3
au2sw
Blown 5L coming

are you 100% sure that you put everything back on exactly the way it came off? earth strap on, all vacum hoses still connected, LPG feed line still in position.....that sort of thing. I would honestly go over it thoroughly to make sure everything is on properly before thinking about changing the IAC.

NEW CLUB FOR SUNSHINE COAST !! www.f-p-e.proboards.com

Contact Col (au2sw) via PM or on MSN @ efmonty@hotmail.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Hardware
Its like central locking in your car. We've all had cars without it and we were fine then, but try and take it from me? NO WAY.
au2sw is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-09-2007, 08:25 AM   #4
LPGUTE

is IAC the same as ISC? my car do the opposite to your the rev jump to 1800rpm.

2001 AUII Factory LPG Manual XL Styleside Box
High series bonnet
Clear Side Indicator
K&N Air Filter
BAXR6T Snorkle
Low Fronts, Super Low Leafs

LPGUTE is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-09-2007, 08:30 AM   #5
FGII-XR6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

if you pulled the throttle body off did you replace the gasket? you may have a leak there with it running listen carefully see if you can hear a sucking noise. pour a bit of water over the throttle body area and see if there is any change, if there is it is a vacuum leak
FGII-XR6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-09-2007, 12:49 PM   #6
sly
Sly like a G6

Quote:
Originally Posted by LPGUTE
is IAC the same as ISC? my car do the opposite to your the rev jump to 1800rpm.
Yes same thing.
The Frankenfalcon... AU1.5 Wagon, BA brakes, AU2 booster, BA2 XR6T engine, stock from airbox to turbo, 8psi/98 octane tune 240RWKW, BF XR6T cat, quiet 3" zorst, Pex BSO660 & BSO439 mufflers, 84 db, built BTR box, 3.08 LSD, Emer SVI LPG, AU1 XR8 alloys, Momo wheel, JVC KDR746BT head unit, Aerpro steering wheel control wiring.

Sleeper, anyone?
Old 28-09-2007, 12:51 PM   #7
sly
Sly like a G6

Double-checked connections etc yesterday, all good. Will do water test later today & see what happens.

Sleeper, anyone?
Old 28-09-2007, 10:07 PM   #8
sly
Sly like a G6

Read this thread http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=114646 and remembered that it's not switching over cleanly to LPG when cold now like it used to. It takes a bit of a rev on petrol before switching over otherwise it stalls when the gas kicks in. Maybe time to clean out the converter, it's done 4 years and about 130,000km, can't complain too much.

Sleeper, anyone?
Old 29-09-2007, 12:07 AM   #9
EX-Y494

The best way I know of if the ISC is working is to have the car running then unplug the ICS and if the car stalls it working if the car dosen't stall it not working.
C2R body kit, 2 1/2 cat back Exhaust, Red Diamond 2800rpm stall converter
BA front brakes, BA air box with pod
http://www.aufalcon.com.au/cgi-bin/i...act=item&i=326
EX-Y494 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post