Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 12-10-2007, 01:52 PM   #121
XR06T
13.96 @ 101.65

it is all about policiing the people who are bad drunks.

i remember last year on australia day they said there was a complete alcohol ban on the south forshore of the river. me and mates and gf's took out eskys of food and beers etc down there and were openly drinking as police walked 2m infront of us. they didn't care as we weren't fighting or being antisocial. it can be done.
Old 12-10-2007, 02:42 PM   #122
GRNKPR
DPC PERFORMANCE Race prep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MOTIV8
Yep, as GBG said I was up there and it was great.... OK there was police walking around in groups of 5 to 8, marked and unmarked cars 'patrolling' around as the police presence was huge!!

Well done to the NSW Police and Bathurst Council for a combined effort to rid the mountain of unneccessary behaviour. The majority of the people that I spoke to were of the same opinion and didnt mind being subject to a vehicle inspection or breath test each time they returned to the mountain......... or even leaving it sometimes. Just as most of the reports that people have seen in the media, well that is the media they will only select the bits and pieces that they use (I should know as I work in the industry....) such as everyone complaining. I did not see too many comments of people thinking that it was for the better.

I have been camping on the mountain for a few years now and am looking forward to next year as can only envisage that they will be alot more families camping on the mountain and of course that FORD will win three years in a row........................Rock on 2008 - who knows GBG may even come back to camping at the mountain

Even GRNKPR might make a show !!Do they have a Raddison and valet parking up there or do i have to bring my 20 cent coins for the showers ????

4VMAN i take my sport serious aswell thats why you go support the teams and the sponsors hence i was on the phone most of the day consuming VB and Jim Beam in my team apparell : : :

FPV & XR Owners Club of Victoria FPV & XR Owners Club of Victoria FPV & XR Owners Club of Victoria FPV & XR Owners Club of Victoria

Ford Performance Car ClubFord Performance Car ClubFord Performance Car ClubFord Performance Car Club
GRNKPR is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-10-2007, 04:53 PM   #123
fmc351
let it burn

Quote:
Originally Posted by XR06T
it is all about policiing the people who are bad drunks.

i remember last year on australia day they said there was a complete alcohol ban on the south forshore of the river. me and mates and gf's took out eskys of food and beers etc down there and were openly drinking as police walked 2m infront of us. they didn't care as we weren't fighting or being antisocial. it can be done.
Same for New Years in Mooloolaba, alcohol ban along the Esplanade. Several Police officers watched me pour part of a flask of bourbon into a plain coke bottle then put the flask back in my wifes bag, and they never even bothered me. I wasnt in their face about it, nor acting like i was drunk, then again Im not <25 either. I didnt notice them until I was putting the flask back, but a couple were looking straight at me.
fmc351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-10-2007, 05:33 PM   #124
WAXBFAR

Quote:
Originally Posted by xwgasaxe
I was sitting about 4 metres in front of that picture and everyone around there was pretty well behaved, One bloke even lent me his shovel to dig bum grooves in the hill for my mates and I.
I was the one with the VODAFONE shirt on sitting in the backrow.
Got ribbed all week, but on Sunday avo, it was just SO SWEET!
WAXBFAR is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post